• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dismantle 2 Feat. Nairo, Dabuz, Vinnie, Ally, DK Will, MVD, Redd, Zinoto, Mister Eric and More!

Dismantle 2 is set to have a bit of everything. When we say everything, we MEAN everything: Smash 64, Melee, Brawl, Project M, Smash 4, and doubles event for every single game. Not excited enough yet? The tournament is set to have a wide range of talent across all of the titles from Redd and ORLY in Melee to Nairo and Dabuz in Smash 4. Events2Compete know how to make an event incredible. Read on and learn all of the reasons why Dismantle has the community buzzing!

Smash 64 / Brawl

Two games not as often seen at events are Smash 64 and Brawl and both have managed to attract some serious talent for the event! On the Smash 64 side of things there is Amida who placed 25th at Apex 2014 and 33rd at Apex 2015. His Pikachu is sure to be the biggest obstacle for those competing. In Brawl there is Nairo, MVD, LOE1, Zinto, Nicole and more! A full Brawl preview for the event can be found on the recently launched Brawl hub WiiBrawlin.

Melee / Project M

There is a bit of crossover for entrants in both of these games but each has some big names currently registered to compete. For those who like Ike, Ally is going to be a great name to see on the Project M side of things. For Melee there is Orly who is coming off a 5th place finish at Kings of the North 4. Also signed up is Redd who recently was ranked 70th in the Melee It On Me Rankings for 2015. Not to mention that Melee has a $350 dollar pot bonus for singles ans Project M boasts $100 for a pot bonus on its own making the victory at Dismantle 2 that much sweeter for whoever takes home the win.

Smash 4

The event with the most entrants and biggest talent attending however is Smash for Wii U. Nairo and Dabuz will have a chance to show their skills and earn their seeding before Genesis 3 and it will be interesting to see which of the two comes out on top if they meet. After Zinoto double eliminated Ally at a Michigan weekly people were excited to see the salty runback only to be disappointed when Zinoto was forced to forfeit the next big event where they met. It seems fate is bringing them back together again for Dismantle 2 and hopefully we can see the two face off again in bracket to see if Zinoto's win was a one time fluke or a new trend.

Of course those four players will have a lot of other big names to run through before those matches can happen. MVD, Vinnie, DK Will, Mister Eric, and LOE1 are all in attendance and can sure pack a punch. The locals are also coming out in force to try and show what Illinois has to offer w\ith power ranked players like JJROCKETS, Shel, JTWild, Dan, NiTe, Demitus, BoScotty, and more.

If singles and doubles wasn't enough, a 3v3 event as well as an auction will also be taking place for Smash 4. All of these players will be playing for a $350 pot bonus in singles as well making the prize pool even sweeter.

Tune In!

Dismantle 2 is is taking place from January 2nd through the 3rd with different events taking place on different days. All the times listed below are in Central Time and are subject to change. For more information on the event check out the event's Smashboards Event Post. We're hope people use the schedule below and tune in for what is sure to be an exciting event!

Saturday | Times | Stream | Sunday | Times | Stream
Smash 4 3v3 VIP | 11 AM - 1 PM | E2C | Brawl 2v2 | 11 AM - 1 PM | E2C
Smash 4 2v2 | 1 PM - 4 PM | E2C | Brawl 1v1 | Noon - 3 PM | E2C
Smash 4 Auction | 4 PM - 5:30 PM | E2C | Smash 4 2v2 Top 8 | 3 PM - 5 PM | E2C
Smash 4 1v1 Wave A | 5 PM - 7:30 PM | E2C | Smash 4 Top 64 | 5 PM - 10 PM | E2C
Smash 4 1v1 Wave B | 7:30 PM - 10 PM | E2C |
Project M 2v2 | 11 AM - 1 PM | WindyCityPM |
Project M 1v1 | 1 PM - 4 PM | WindyCityPM |
Melee 2v2 | 4 PM - 6 PM | WindyCitySmash |
Melee 1v1 | 6 PM - 10 PM | Windy City Smash |

Last edited:

Comments

D
BRAWL HYPE, BOIS

I seriously recommend you guys check out the WiiBrawlin site, especially for any Brawl players still out there. It's really well made and it'd be of much help to get the game on the ground again!

With this and Genesis 3, January's kickin' off the year in Smashing fashion!

A shame I can't attend like I was hoping to. Best of luck to my boy Zinoto as always, not that you'll need it...at all. :p

I was at Dismantle 1 and it was so rad. One of my favorite events I've been to. They even had a Brawl Minus side event.

I was planning on going to Dismantle 2, but I'll unfortunately be out of town. Still gonna try to watch, though.

What can be a better way to start off Smash in 2016 than this? This is going to be awesome! Gl to eveyone who attends.

What do they mean they're having an auction for? Are they betting on players?
It's a side event where 16 random characters are drawn from a bag and players bid money for the rights to use that character for the entirety of the bracket. Nobody else in the bracket can use the character they paid for, but they also can't switch to anyone else.

At Dismantle 1, False ended up bidding on Sheik for $150, and I think the total pot for the bracket ended up exceeding $750.

Top Bottom