• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Discussion] The Almighty Gale Boomerang: Tips and Tidbits

How do you prefer to play Link?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Link's projectiles and Zair should be used as effectively as possible, but I think the most important projectile beside his bombs is the boomerang. It's the Gale Boomerang like in Brawl which some may not like, but this is actually pretty useful now. If angled and timed perfectly, the whirlwind effect can gimp opponents that try to recover horizontally above the ledge due to how fast it pulls them. You can also use the effect to pull in unsuspecting opponents for follow-ups such as usmash, Dair, etc.

Since Link's short hop is shorter than in Brawl, you can now mix-up short-hopped boomerang and full-jump boomerang with other projectiles and attacks much more effectively. For example, I like doing backwards SH boomerang to forward SH arrow or bomb throw because it puts a lot of pressure on the opponent, making them more likely to switch to playing offensively if they weren't already. The boomerang can lead into Fair quite nicely. Take advantage of Link's boomerang and aerial mobility to better your meta.

Last edited:

koloblican11763

Smash Apprentice
With respect to the boomerang, I almost exclusively use it in the air, shsideb. Why? Because it comes out at the same speed but I have a chance to space myself while throwing it and then follow up or retreat according to the situation.

Top Bottom