• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Directional input issue when holding

waitreally

Smash Rookie
I'm on a Wii U. If I hold a direction in PM for a length of time, it'll let go briefly. For example, if I hold "down" on my control stick, my character will stay crouched for a random amount of time (5 seconds, 10 seconds) but then quickly stand and then crouch again. It can't maintain a crouched position. This also happens when I'm running. I'll run long distances and PM will stop him from running. I've tried this with multiple control inputs as well. GameCube, Classic Pro, Wii Remote. All same result.

Has anyone else experienced this?

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
I think this is mainly a problem with wireless controllers. this happens to me with my wii mote and nun chuck. Wii U is all wireless right?

waitreally

Smash Rookie
Yes, correct. Wii U is all wireless. However, this issue never happens to any other game. Only Smash PM.

waitreally

Smash Rookie
Correction: this happens in regular Brawl as well. It seems to be an issue with how the WIi U gets the Wii Remote signal... no idea how ot fix.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Playing SSBB on my Wii U for this first time and I'm also having this problem. Dang, I hope this doesn't affect SSB4 too badly.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Hey I discovered a fix for the wiimote skipping input issue that I haven't found anywhere else online. I've been researching along with trial and error for like two weeks and FINALLY figured it out. Check out the thread I just posted yesterday complaining about it to see if it applies to your situation (solution is at the bottom of my OP).

http://smashboards.com/threads/wiiuu-wiimote-problems-when-playing-p-m-and-brawl.341276/
So what if you have a wii remote without wii motion plus integrated in it, but have the motion plus add-on? Will that still be fine?

Top Bottom