• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIME 5 - November 9th, 2013 - Plano TX

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
Dehydrated Ichthyoid's Melee Extravaganza 5
Melee Singles & Doubles

When: Saturday November 9th, 11:00 am - 8:00 pm

Where: FX Game Exchange
3000 Custer Rd, Plano TX 75075

Schedule: 11:00 am Arrive/ registration
12:00 pm Doubles begins
3:00 pm Singles begins
Schedule is tentative so feel free to contact me if you're worried about making singles or w/e; my phone number is at the bottom.

BRING SETUPS!!! THEY'RE IMPORTANT. If you can even only bring your copy of Melee, do that. The venue has a lot of cubes we can use but not that many copies of melee. If you can bring a full set up, great, but I may or may not use it.

Entry Fee: Singles: $5
Teams: $5 per player, $10 per team
Venue: $5
$3 if you bring a set up that is used.

Pay Outs: 1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
Events with 10 or less entrants will have a 70/30 payout instead.

1st place in singles gets a free 1st party controller courtesy of FX Game Exchange!!

Rules:
Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams (singles only)
Pokemon Stadium (doubles only)

Counter Picks:
Pokemon Stadium (singles)
Kongo Jungle 64 (doubles)

General:
Items are off.
4 stocks, 8 minutes
Team attack is ON
Life stealing is allowed
Pause is OFF
Wobbling is legal.
Standard DSR (you may not counter pick a stage you have already won on in a set)
Coaching is not allowed during sets.
Stalling is banned (will elaborate if necessary).
1 stage ban in best of 3 set, no stage bans in best of 5 set.
Striking is 1-2-1

Other Rules
1. The Tournament Organizer is the arbiter of all disputes.
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
4. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.
5. Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players, except for the 8 minute time limit.
6. Dave's Stupid Rule: players cannot counterpick back to a stage that they have already won on in a set.
7. Textures are Cool Clause: We're usually pretty lenient with textures/custom music. You're welcome to bring your set up to the tournament with them, but please do not have any disruptive music, hard to see textures, or dramatically altered character models. If you have a problem with the set up you're playing on, notify the TO and we'll get it resolved ASAP.
Additional Notes: A lot of kids come through the venue on a Saturday. Don't yell curse words in the store (including ****).
Show up on time. If you need to contact me cause you'll be late, my number is: 972-693-4339
Again, bring some set ups. Uhh i guess I'll edit this if I think of anything else

Sliq

Smash Master
I might go to this. It's like 10 minutes from my house. No promises though. I haven't played in like 2 years.

I'm 26 am I too old for this?

That's a joke, and I know the answer is already yes.

D

Deleted member

1st gets a 1st party controller? Uuuuuuuuuugh Nooooooo, If I was actually good at this game I could get that jfkldsa;jflkdjl;afjd;l
Also no P:M, gabe isn't fun. I could have a chance of winning money if there was P:M...

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think I can make it to this.

Sliq: If we both make it there we should team, since I'm also 26. We can be team too old for this ****!

BTW is this first party controller new or used?

D

Deleted member

Whos up for dubs? (No scotch/ali, I'm not teaming with you)

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
I might be driving in from out here, dependent on how our bill situation looks at the beginning of the month.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably come to this. I think I'll look for a teams partner there, since I have only played Thoraxe and Gabe, unless either of y'all want to team.

StoryTime

Smash Apprentice
Probably gonna make it out to this one full time. Bringing a friend (hopefully he can make it) and we'll make the nubbiest scrubbiest Falcon-Marth team evar.

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to go to this. Second tournament ever. First in 3 1/2 years, and first to play Melee in. loool I hope this is interesting.

Quot3

Melee'er
3DS FC
4253-4705-1339
This looks really promising, I'm excited to come out and meet you guys at this and Play a Real Game this weekend :)

D

Deleted member

I'll try my best to make it. If I still have dough and my sanity after Oracle's Play A Real Game, I'll definitely push myself to attend.

Da Puff Stuff will return...
...with a vengeance.

D

Deleted member

hopefully you don't get bodied by penguins dk
hopefully.

D

Deleted member

You've probably never seen Strongbad play haha
I've seen him play some of his DK in P:M. Melee DK doesn't have a lot going for him. His recovery is jank and he's a huge target - which is the perfect recipe for WOP gimps and rests.

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
please stop making useless posts in my thread. replying to this comment with something like "sorry" or "blah blah blah something random" counts as useless.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
No age restrictions and I live like 15 minutes away. Sounds good, will try my best to go. Get ready to see me get last in singles, kids!

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
the only instance i can imagine an age restriction would be in place would be if the venue was a bar. but even then it seems like underage kids are allowed to go in but aren't allowed to drink (Kings of Cali is at a bar for example).

D

Deleted member

Have you guys seen age restrictions for tourneys before, or is it just that out of curiosity/first smash tourney?
There was one local tournament where I used to live and they had this weird bracket where only kids 13 and under could enter. Really weird. But only like, 20 people came, so they cancelled the bracket.

D

Deleted member

If you're down for it penguin I'm down for it.
Fraudulence UNITE! (By the way I'm still really bad at melee so don't expect me to beat sheiks ever)

D

Deleted member

You should get that memory loss checked out yo, anything brain related like that can be serious stuff.

TENTATIVE: I think I need a teammate for this, Zach I'm maybe down to give it another go if you are
I got MM'd by some PM guy's DK in Melee at DIME/BR for who knows why. I've only played your Fox.

Top Bottom