• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DI-ing and Edgeguarding Marth

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Hey y'all,

Couple quick questions about Peach vs. Marth.

1) Best way to edgeguard? I've been told z-drop turnip then grab ledge is the best, but what can marth do to beat that? Is there a better way to cover all options? If he up+B's onto the edge do you have time to get up and punish?

2) If you get grabbed at high percents, is marth guaranteed a kill with fthrow/bthrow -> (WD) Fsmash? Is this a DI trap (as in, if you DI away expecting an fsmash but he bthrows instead, making you DI in instead, are you dead)? I know DIing in is death, but maybe up?

3) How do you DI the first hit of his side B at high percents? DIing away avoids the utilt (the "Jiggz slayer") but does DIing away guarantee a tippered f-tilt or fsmash?

Thanks guys <3

Hero_of_Time

Smash Rookie
I am very interested in what others have to say about this because I've been having some trouble in this match up myself.

1) Things that have been working for me are throwing a turnip if they were hit high enough and chasing with a spaced bairs, if they are recovering low then throwing a turnip down or dropping it works well and ledge hogging. 60% of my Marth kills are ledge hogs. If the Marth player lands on the stage with his up B I would go with a wave land dsmash if you have time or a fair from the ledge although the second option hits them the wrong way.

2) I don't know but I think you can tech roll away.

3) I don't know. :/

Raisin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4971-3853-0253
For number two, DI'ing down and away at high percents should allow you to tech. As for number three, the only way to escape Marth's side-b at high percents is to smash DI it away, unfortunately...

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
1) Edge guarding Marth mostly just takes experience. Always consider throwing a turnip down. Just be flexible.
2) React to the throw. It's doable
3) DI out and nothing is free

I may be wrong

Raisin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4971-3853-0253
Normal DI MAY works, but I know for a fact smash DI will do it. I need to do more testing.

Top Bottom