• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Yeah, I didn't mind Fi's character. NeoGAF's hate for Fi (and for Skyward Sword in general) baffled me.

Reila

Well i never saw Fi as an annoying character in SS but.... Navy wasn't annoying for me in OoT and everyone in the internet says she's annoying , soooo i can't say much :drshrug:
Navi never annoyed me either. The only companion who annoyed me a bit was Tatl because she is so freaking rude, but even her starts to be likeable after a while in Majora's Mask (which happens to be my favorite game in the series, btw... gimme remake pls Nintendo ;_;)

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Navi never annoyed me either. The only companion who annoyed me a bit was Tatl because she is so freaking rude, but even her starts to be likeable after a while in Majora's Mask (which happens to be my favorite game in the series, btw... gimme remake pls Nintendo ;_;)
Yeah, i also disliked Tatl at the start of the game but in the end, i really liked her and the friendship she had with the Skullkid

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
IMO we won't get a Zelda trailer but a Villains trailer :dr^_^:
Yea, I think that could work, too--Wario, Wolf, Ganondorf, Ghirahim, Metaknight, Ridley. It'd be pretty sweet if they had a poster dedicated to just the villains.

That said, because of Lucina (similar to Marth) and Robin (brand new), they could easily do an Impa (similar to Sheik) and Ghirahim (brand new). But I really like the idea of all these villains coming out and being all awesome. As a side note: honestly, if they revealed Ridley hardly anyone would care about the other villains good or bad. You could say he... OVERSHADOWS the competition.

Or would, if Ghirahim wasn't just too fabulous to be overshadowed.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
If there is a support list, I would very much like to be one among it. Ghirahim is my favorite video game villain, period. Playing as him would be a dream come true.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Initially I wanted one but no one said anything about it so I ended up discarding the concept. Now I'd have to sift through 26 pages of supporters... :laugh: Perhaps I'll do it sometime if I'm feeling masochistic.

Reila

I am loving all Ghirahim avatars above. They're all fabulous~

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Initially I wanted one but no one said anything about it so I ended up discarding the concept. Now I'd have to sift through 26 pages of supporters... :laugh: Perhaps I'll do it sometime if I'm feeling masochistic.
Hmm. What would Ghirahim do?

Likely just whip someone til they did it for him.

Not that I'm suggesting anything. =p

samsparta21

Smash Ace
My moveset idea

B: Ghirahim summons a ring of X-shaped projectiles around him. While they surround Ghirahim they will damage nearby enemies, but they will break when the enemy is hit. Pressing B again will fire them in a line.
↑B: Ghirahim blinks a certain distance in any direction, like Zelda's up B
→B: Ghirahim holds his hand out. If he is hit by a melee attack, he will grab the attacker.
↓B: Ghirahim does a down slash, making him fall faster and damage enemies he hits. If he is on the ground, he will blink up a short distance, similar to Yoshi or Bowser's down B.
Final Smash: Ghirahim becomes Demise's sword. He can levitate around and use extremely strong slashes with his strong, regular, and Smash attacks.

His Smash Attacks would all use the huge sword, while his regular attacks, strong attacks, and running attack would use the regular sword. His aerials would use dual swords.

Last edited:

Reila

My moveset idea

B: Ghirahim summons a ring of X-shaped projectiles around him. While they surround Ghirahim they will damage nearby enemies, but they will break when the enemy is hit. Pressing B again will fire them in a line.
↑B: Ghirahim blinks a certain distance in any direction, like Zelda's up B
→B: Ghirahim holds his hand out. If he is hit by a melee attack, he will grab the attacker.
↓B: Ghirahim does a down slash, making him fall faster and damage enemies he hits. If he is on the ground, he will blink up a short distance, similar to Yoshi or Bowser's down B.
Final Smash: Ghirahim becomes Demise's sword. He can levitate around and use extremely strong slashes with his strong, regular, and Smash attacks.

His Smash Attacks would all use the huge sword, while his regular attacks, strong attacks, and running attack would use the regular sword. His aerials would use dual swords.
Nice moveset, but I would change the final smash for either Ghirahim's "final form" or for a cinematic FS with Ghirahim transforming in his sword form, Demise appearing and attacking whoever is caught in the FS thereafter. It might be only me, but I would like Demise to get some sort of recognition in Ghirahim's moveset, since the character is extremely obsessed with his master.

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
How could I have been neglecting this magnificent thread? Okay, so FE newcomers...not Ghirahim, but it definitely perpetuates the trophy quiz theory that we've been discussing. This is certainly interesting. Honestly, I still have hope for Ghirahim, but I still think it is only around a 35% chance he gets in.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys I was wondering, under this character type group, where would Ghirahim fit according to his speculated moveset?

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

Hybrid Characters exist, for example: Speedy Trickster :4diddy:

Last edited:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Well we see how Sakurai does his trailers by now, he reveals all of the newcomers by series.
Mario trailer: Rosalina
Pokemon trailer: Charizard and Greninja
Kid Icarus trailer: Palutena
Fire Emblem trailer: Lucina and Robin (and Captain Falcon, but he never actually got a character card in the trailer like the other two)

The only big series we haven't seen yet is Zelda. And it seems strange for Fire Emblem to get TWO newcomers while Zelda gets none? Kirby has also not seen a trailer, but I think it's less likely the Kirby series will get a newcomer aside from possibly Banana Dee

We might see the Zelda trailer in the August Direct, I think Ghirahim has a high chance of being the Zelda newcomer

metroid also didn't get one yet
DK...

Yeah, I didn't mind Fi's character. NeoGAF's hate for Fi (and for Skyward Sword in general) baffled me.
To be honest, I really never thought about it until someone bought it up and I can get their complaints but I do not have them. I absolutely loved Fi. Not neccessarily for her chaacter but other things like her design, it looks old-victorian with shining metalic skin while staying true to the spirit of the master sword. And those moments when she danced were magical.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still vote for both Impa and Ghirahim getting in. With some creative liberty, they could even end up being semi-clones of each other. Impa with her Gaint Blade in Hyrule Warriors could fight similary to Ghirahim and his broadsword. Both could possibly have a similar Neutral B as a projectile to, based of Sheik's Needles. Kicks to sword attacks would fit both of their styles. And their reveal trailer would be amazing. Especially if Ganondorf would also be revealed.

Reila

Some people seem to be okay with Pokémon getting seven reps (just an unlikely possibility), so I don't see why Zelda couldn't get two reps, making seven in total. Zelda isn't one of Nintendo most selling franchises, when you compare it to the likes of Pokémon, Mario, but it still is regarded as one of (sometimes THE) best Nintendo franchises. That said, I find unlikely that Zelda will get two reps in Smash 4.
To be honest, I really never thought about it until someone bought it up and I can get their complaints but I do not have them. I absolutely loved Fi. Not neccessarily for her chaacter but other things like her design, it looks old-victorian with shining metalic skin while staying true to the spirit of the master sword. And those moments when she danced were magical.
Yes! Fi's design is amazing. From the design itself, to the color scheme.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Some people seem to be okay with Pokémon getting seven reps (just an unlikely possibility), so I don't see why Zelda couldn't get two reps, making seven in total. Zelda isn't one of Nintendo most selling franchises, when you compare it to the likes of Pokémon, Mario, but it still is regarded as one of (sometimes THE) best Nintendo franchises. That said, I find unlikely that Zelda will get two reps in Smash 4.
Not true.

Zelda is definitely a best selling Nintendo franchise. It gets one game every year and a half and still manages to have sold over 50 million copies.
It's only behind Mario and Pokemon in sales.

Zelda definitely deserves to have at least six characters. Especially if Mario and his extended family get nine, or Pokemon gets seven.

Reila

No. Zelda is far from one of Nintendo's best selling franchises. It is not Metroid-bad, of course, but still not a "best seller".

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
No. Zelda is far from one of Nintendo's best selling franchises. It is not Metroid-bad, of course, but still not a "best seller".
I'm sorry, but what do you mean by "Metroid-bad"? The only Metroid title to have disappointing sales was Other M.

On-topic: That idea for a Final Smash involving Demise (as a "boss") sounds really cool. If he's in, I hope that's what Sakurai goes with.

Last edited:

Reila

I'm sorry, but what do you mean by "Metroid-bad"? The only Metroid title to have disappointing sales was Other M.

On-topic: That idea for a Final Smash involving Demise (as a "boss") sounds really cool. If he's in, I hope that's what Sakurai goes with.
Other M sales were terrible, but come on, Metroid was never a big seller. Zelda sell a lot better than Metroid, but it is in no way comparable to the likes of Mario (specially the side scroller titles), Mario Kart, Donkey Kong and even Smash Bros. It is probably obvious, but this has nothing to do with the quality of the games. More often than not great games sell poorly.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Other M sales were terrible, but come on, Metroid was never a big seller. Zelda sell a lot better than Metroid, but it is in no way comparable to the likes of Mario (specially the side scroller titles), Mario Kart, Donkey Kong and even Smash Bros. It is probably obvious, but this has nothing to do with the quality of the games. More often than not great games sell poorly.
Zelda sells better than Donkey Kong.
And a lot of things have sold better than Smash Bros.

Smash would probably be Nintendo's third biggest franchise if it didn't have an entry every five years.

CamZilla94

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-2929-3596
Switch FC
SW 2709 2387 5005
So since the trophy thing seems to be true, I figure the next trailer we may end up seeing next would be either Metroid or LoZ. I came up with a little idea that could work to show off a de-cloned Ganondorf and Ghirahim. Ganondorf and Link are both in the middle of a sword fight. As it goes on, Link knocks Ganondorf's sword from his hands. Ganondorf is angered but suddenly a new sword floats into the battlefield and finds its place in Ganondorf's hand. They continue to fight. Eventually Ganon tires out Link. Once this happens the sword leaves Ganon's hand. It then reveals itself to be Ghirahim. Then we see gameplay of him beating up the tired Link.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
2) Ghirahim's Competition?

Impa Pros:

-Has appeared multiple times
-Most recent appearance is rather recent
-Is a female character (really not much of a pro probably in Sakurai's eyes, but there isn't much to go on)

Impa Cons:

-Only appears as a supporting role everytime, almost impossible to change
-little to moveset potential relying on original moves almost entirely
-Small fanbase
-Potential to be Sheik clone or a luigified clone of Sheik

Skull Kid Pros:

-Really friggin cool
-Main villian role
-Absolutely zero chance of being a clone
-Possible Majora's Mask remake? (possibly not a pro, just a stretch)

Skull Kid Cons:

-Smallish fanbase
-Hasn't appeared in a long while and unlikely to reappear
-Moveset although easy would have to be fairly original due to all of the moves would be derived from instances with his boss fight in which he is always something other than the Skull Kid

Vaati Pros:

-Several main villian appearances
-Excellent moveset potential
-Little to no chance of bearing any resemblance to anyone else with moves and playstyle

Vaati Cons:

-Smallish fanbase
-Potentially unlikely to reappear again (???)

Ghirahim Pros:

-Freshest appearance next to Impa
-Lead Role
-Excellent moveset potential
-VERY Fitting character
-Legitimate fanbase in and out of SSB4 speculation (at least relative to other possible Zelda newcomers)

Ghirahim Cons:

-Unlikely (???) to reappear again

Tingle Pros:

-Has multiple appearances
-Own little spin-off franchise
-Has appeared in a stage in Melee and an Assist in Brawl

Tingle Cons:

-Has a legitimate hatebase
-Only has small roles in LoZ
-Item moveset
-Would probably have his own franchise representation, though that franchise itself is small

If one has to be added, as you can see, that if you were to measure the pros and cons on a scale, Ghirahim would clearly have the best ratio. It could also be noteworthy to say that all of them have the con of having a not so loud fanbase, so one could say that if we are going on the assumption there is to a newcomer at all, that that particular con is irrelevant on all of them, and therefore, Ghirahim only has his (potential) oneshot appearance against him. As a result, the only real hurdle for Ghirahim really is whether the Zelda franchise is getting ANYONE. Which is arguably quite the big one, and thus his chances are still low, and everyone else's lower still. (Vaati is a close second though, I find him quite interesting myself.)

Tingle has a chunk of very good and very bad, while Vaati and Ghirahim have a lot more reasons to be in than not. Skull Kid would seem to outweight Tingle for a LoZ appearance. As mentioned in Tingle's cons, if he were to upgrade from Assist Trophy to character, it'd likely be as his own franchise, but then it wouldn't stop Ghirahim or Vaati, and we also begin to feel that Tingle's franchise is very small and just a spin-off, so we begin to think there are better newcomers.
Sounds a bit untrue to me: I'm going to write my own version of these characters pros and cons, because to me, your fanhood is a bit ... clouting your judgment, especially to reach the conclusion
If one has to be added, as you can see, that if you were to measure the pros and cons on a scale, Ghirahim would clearly have the best ratio
Impa:
+Female: Sakurai Likes this
+Next most recurring zelda Character
+Recency win
-Sheik clone mandatory.
-Even if she is not, the question would be why have both?
((I'm fairly convinced she is in the game, just as an alt costume for Sheik))

Vaati:
+Magician. Wind conjuring, flying, magician.
+Second most recurring villain for Zelda
+Toon Design, goes in hand with Toon Link's design
-It's been a while
-Will he return?

Skull Kid:
+Recurring Villain
+Mask making moveset, new gameplay inherent within
+Possible remake coming- advertise it!
-Recency?
-Will we See him again?

Tingle:
+Previous appearances in smash bros (even as an AT)
+Represent own franchise?
-Legitimate hatebase

Ghirahim:
+Sakurai seems to be adding the new characters, regardless of... all else
+Current most popular representation of current game.
-One hit wonder. So far. In a series that uses characters that have enough gravitas and merit to only showcase the lasting representation (sheik aside, as she used to not be solo).
-Swordsman. Yes, they can all be unique, of course. The Mii Fighter proves the archetype is not even a huge turnoff. However, Robin's introduction video, wherein Sakurai speaks through the character and says "I'm not another ordinary swordsman" relates Sakurai is aware that he has been including what people perceive as too many.
-By the time SM4SH is out, Zelda U will be nearby, and if Ghirahim is not in it, his inclusion will seem more outdated (given the additions we have seen to Zelda so far, and the weight it holds for Nintendo, much more so than other series. Particularly how rarely it gets a new home console game).

I find listing them as having a fan base superfluous, as that is the reason they are on this list in the first place. Other things such as small role versus main role, I find unnecessary as well. I think being a supporting character throughout the entire series is more memorable than being a main villain in one game. Therefore, one counting as a pro and one counting as a con just, quite literally, does not add up. Moveset potential- all characters can have it. Tis also subjective. I choose to look at it by facts, such as Swordsman and conjurer. I do not know what 'VERY' fitting character is, either. That seems more subjective than all other points.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sounds a bit untrue to me: I'm going to write my own version of these characters pros and cons, because to me, your fanhood is a bit ... clouting your judgment, especially to reach the conclusion

Impa:
+Female: Sakurai Likes this
+Next most recurring zelda Character
+Recency win
-Sheik clone mandatory.
-Even if she is not, the question would be why have both?
((I'm fairly convinced she is in the game, just as an alt costume for Sheik))

Vaati:
+Magician. Wind conjuring, flying, magician.
+Second most recurring villain for Zelda
+Toon Design, goes in hand with Toon Link's design
-It's been a while
-Will he return?

Skull Kid:
+Recurring Villain
+Mask making moveset, new gameplay inherent within
+Possible remake coming- advertise it!
-Recency?
-Will we See him again?

Tingle:
+Previous appearances in smash bros (even as an AT)
+Represent own franchise?
-Legitimate hatebase

Ghirahim:
+Sakurai seems to be adding the new characters, regardless of... all else
+Current most popular representation of current game.
-One hit wonder. So far. In a series that uses characters that have enough gravitas and merit to only showcase the lasting representation (sheik aside, as she used to not be solo).
-Swordsman. Yes, they can all be unique, of course. The Mii Fighter proves the archetype is not even a huge turnoff. However, Robin's introduction video, wherein Sakurai speaks through the character and says "I'm not another ordinary swordsman" relates Sakurai is aware that he has been including what people perceive as too many.
-By the time SM4SH is out, Zelda U will be nearby, and if Ghirahim is not in it, his inclusion will seem more outdated (given the additions we have seen to Zelda so far, and the weight it holds for Nintendo, much more so than other series. Particularly how rarely it gets a new home console game).

I find listing them as having a fan base superfluous, as that is the reason they are on this list in the first place. Other things such as small role versus main role, I find unnecessary as well. I think being a supporting character throughout the entire series is more memorable than being a main villain in one game. Therefore, one counting as a pro and one counting as a con just, quite literally, does not add up. Moveset potential- all characters can have it. Tis also subjective. I choose to look at it by facts, such as Swordsman and conjurer. I do not know what 'VERY' fitting character is, either. That seems more subjective than all other points.
This is just as subjective as the post Holder of the Heel made in the OP.

But, unlike that post, you are not purposefully making Ghirahim propaganda.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I made that pro and con list waaaaay back when I still was under the delusion that I, or anyone else including yourself, had any idea about what is going to happen or what's even "likely". I've long since known that we're all clueless which is largely why I've been absent on the public threads. Speculation, theories, leaks, predictions, I no longer have a taste for such things. It's only still there really because laziness.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I'm thinking on a new avatar to support Ghirahim.. so any ideas for me?
tumblr_n8rvxoMW0a1th55ndo1_500.jpg
tumblr_n8fdanQYHD1s6tus8o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_n4wmlhd9Lx1tn7ow4o1_500.jpg

I think that I will put the last one as my sig

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This is just as subjective as the post Holder of the Heel made in the OP.

But, unlike that post, you are not purposefully making Ghirahim propaganda.
Mostly put in subjective fact, which I listed as pros and cons based upon the notions we have seen of what additions we have seen so far or what Sakurai has said. Happy to discuss :)

...if Ghirahim is LGBT, I am more than willing to support his inclusion.
Until then, I am for Vaati.
Yep. It comes down to that.

Those pics look like Laganja Estranja, a drag queen.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
My own take on the probably coincidental trophy theory I thought I would share with you guys.

Each trophy hinted at not one, but two characters. A newcomer and a semi veteran/newcomer.

Tiki: Newcomer Robin, Clone Lucina
Fi: Newcomer Ghirahim, Solo Sheik
Pseudo-Palutena: Newcomer Palutena, Clone Dark Pit (Or hopefully clone Hades)
King Kihunter: Newcomer Ridley, Solo Zero Suit Samus
(Bolding whats confirmed)

And take note on what was revealed in the end of that direct.
Newcomer Greninja, Solo Charizard

And both Ridley and Dark Pit were heavily teased (especially Ridley) leaving only Ghirahim.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Ghirahim, along with Shulk, is the character I wish to appear in the game!!!

Jake, welcome!

My own take on the probably coincidental trophy theory I thought I would share with you guys.

Each trophy hinted at not one, but two characters. A newcomer and a semi veteran/newcomer.

Fi: Newcomer Ghirahim, Solo Sheik
Pseudo-Palutena: Newcomer Palutena, Clone Dark Pit (Or hopefully clone Hades)
King Kihunter: Newcomer Ridley, Solo Zero Suit Samus
(Bolding whats confirmed)

And take note on what was revealed in the end of that direct.
Newcomer Greninja, Solo Charizard

And both Ridley and Dark Pit were heavily teased (especially Ridley) leaving only Ghirahim.

Huh, interesting. I kinda like that theory, trophy = as of yet unrevealed newcomer/clone. To be fair, it could also be:

Fi: Newcomer Ghirahim, Clone Impa (or maybe Clone Ganondorf)
Pseudo-Palutena: Newcomer Palutena, Clone Dark Pit
King Kihunter: Newcomer Ridley... probably too big for another character but maybe Clone Mecha-Ridley

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
I made this a few days ago.

I wish it were real.

View attachment 18876

Wow, that's pretty impressive super fabulous!! Wish I could double-like it!

If it came true I think I'd be more relived than happy since it's clearly the best choice that could be made but that might not happen because... I honestly don't know why. Why is any decision made the way it's made with this game? I'm so tired of this lame dojo artificially-extended roller coaster reveal, I just want to play the game already.

andimidna

Smash Master
I think we should also reconsider the possibility of Ghirahim being the Zelda clone.
Who would he be a clone of ?
Goddess Palutena.
Think about it For a second.
Warp, Auto-reticle, reflect...
The staff...
Think about all of her moves (but only 4 specials) turned into more fabulous/flashy versions to fit Ghirahim. Change the wings to swords...
Just think about it...
It would be most fabulous indeed.
There's still one BIG obstacle though...
Fat Impa?:troll:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Do you think if/when Ghirahim is confirmed to be playable, that the detractors will suddenly change their tune and start supporting him?

It happened before with Rosalina, Pac-Man, and Robin. I'd like to see how the boards react to his reveal.

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
Ghirahim is too fabulous of a character to not have in smash. I love his personality. Is there any reason why people hate him? He has potential, just don't see what arguments detractors have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom