• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, Sakurai just knocked out two of my most wanted characters and axed on of my least wanted.

If Fire Emblem is getting two newcomers, I expect Zelda to get at least one. And we all know who that is going to be.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Don't know if any of you guys noticed this.
Remember the 4 trophies at the smash Direct? Tiki had Robin's theme, Pseudo-Palutena uses the main theme from Uprising, which could be considered as Palutena's theme, King Kihunter has Ridley's theme and Fi has Ballad of the Godess...In sm4sh, Ballad of the Godess contains a fragment of Ghirahim's theme

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Don't know if any of you guys noticed this.
Remember the 4 trophies at the smash Direct? Tiki had Robin's theme, Pseudo-Palutena uses the main theme from Uprising, which could be considered as Palutena's theme, King Kihunter has Ridley's theme and Fi has Ballad of the Godess...In sm4sh, Ballad of the Godess contains a fragment of Ghirahim's theme
Oh trust me, we know all about that.
It's becoming Ridley and Ghirahim's Gematsu gospel, honestly.

Not that I mind, but still, it's a bit overused.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But who says Ghirahim will be the Skyward Sword character and not Impa?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, Impa isn't really a Skyward Sword rep any more than Link and Zelda, anyway.
However, that isn't to say we can't get both.

Ghirahim gets a unique, flashy moveset, and Impa is a clone of Sheik (with some differences).
Hey, people wanted Impa to inherit Sheik's moves, anyway, so I wouldn't complain.

Last edited:

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Well, Impa isn't really a Skyward Sword rep any more than Link and Zelda, anyway.
However, that isn't to say we can't get both.

Ghirahim gets a unique, flashy moveset, and Impa is a clone of Sheik (with some differences).
Hey, people wanted Impa to inherit Sheik's moves, anyway, so I wouldn't complain.
While I'd be perfectly fine with that, were Impa to be in at all I think I'd like her Oracle of Ag-... I mean her Hyrule Warriors version to be playable. =p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The music that the trophys played hinted at Robin, Palutena, Ridley and Ghirahim
Not specifically, it hinted at a character that represents Skyward Sword, so maybe it's like, Groose, or something.
The music that played for Tiki's trophy though, definitely hinted at Robin, as it is Robin's theme.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not specifically, it hinted at a character that represents Skyward Sword, so maybe it's like, Groose, or something.
The music that played for Tiki's trophy though, definitely hinted at Robin, as it is Robin's theme.
If you say so, I admit on not being an expert on Zelda. Hope you guys end up having Ghirahim playable after all!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Although the trophy theory simply implies a Skyward Sword character is present, interestingly, Ghirahim's battle theme played throughout the video announcing Nintendo's E3 plans.
It doesn't tell us anything related to Smash, but it does show that Nintendo really likes what they made for Skyward Sword, and considering how many scrapped concept arts there are for Ghirahim, I would imagine they hold his character to that standard.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Impa should bee a alternate costume for Sheik, after all, Impa is a Sheikah, and there's why Impa should not be in that's stupid, its bad enough Sheik wasted that spot, make up for it with a Impa costume, or else Ghirahim, Ganondorf, whoever the last Zelda character is, will have some fun beating up on Sheik.

I still have to say though I'd be totally hyped to see Ghirahim, he'd look fabulous in blue btw, I'd still miss Ganondorf a little, which is probably why I suggested a Ganondorf costume for him, it only makes sense to somehow include the most iconic villain in the Zelda series and Ghirahim does look fabulous in Ganondorf's outfit, I think if say Dragunov from Tekken Tag 2 can wear it, then so can Ghirahim.

Also this brings to final smash, I thought maybe Demise or Imprisoned, but no that's stupid, how about Monster Ganon, then Ghirahim turns into the Demise Sword for him to use.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Well we see how Sakurai does his trailers by now, he reveals all of the newcomers by series.
Mario trailer: Rosalina
Pokemon trailer: Charizard and Greninja
Kid Icarus trailer: Palutena
Fire Emblem trailer: Lucina and Robin (and Captain Falcon, but he never actually got a character card in the trailer like the other two)

The only big series we haven't seen yet is Zelda. And it seems strange for Fire Emblem to get TWO newcomers while Zelda gets none? Kirby has also not seen a trailer, but I think it's less likely the Kirby series will get a newcomer aside from possibly Banana Dee

We might see the Zelda trailer in the August Direct, I think Ghirahim has a high chance of being the Zelda newcomer

metroid also didn't get one yet

Last edited:

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Well we see how Sakurai does his trailers by now, he reveals all of the newcomers by series.
Fire Emblem trailer: Lucina and Robin (and Captain Falcon, but he never actually got a character card in the trailer like the other two)

The only big series we haven't seen yet is Zelda. And it seems strange for Fire Emblem to get TWO newcomers while Zelda gets none? Kirby has also not seen a trailer, but I think it's less likely the Kirby series will get a newcomer aside from possibly Banana Dee

We might see the Zelda trailer in the August Direct, I think Ghirahim has a high chance of being the Zelda newcomer

Well... starfox has been notably absent....

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Impa should bee a alternate costume for Sheik, after all, Impa is a Sheikah, and there's why Impa should not be in that's stupid, its bad enough Sheik wasted that spot, make up for it with a Impa costume, or else Ghirahim, Ganondorf, whoever the last Zelda character is, will have some fun beating up on Sheik.

I still have to say though I'd be totally hyped to see Ghirahim, he'd look fabulous in blue btw, I'd still miss Ganondorf a little, which is probably why I suggested a Ganondorf costume for him, it only makes sense to somehow include the most iconic villain in the Zelda series and Ghirahim does look fabulous in Ganondorf's outfit, I think if say Dragunov from Tekken Tag 2 can wear it, then so can Ghirahim.

Also this brings to final smash, I thought maybe Demise or Imprisoned, but no that's stupid, how about Monster Ganon, then Ghirahim turns into the Demise Sword for him to use.
I'm pretty sure Ganondorf won't be cut, why? cause is Ganondorf, the actual question is... if we get a newcomer Zelda character who would it be? Impa (i doubt it, having in mind when the Smash roster was planned and when Hyrule Warriors started, i know they could use Impa from SS but she wasn't popular as Ghirahim), the other option is Vaati but he's a little old and there's nothing pointing at him

Maxilian

Smash Ace

IMO we won't get a Zelda trailer but a Villains trailer :dr^_^:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think if Ghirahim's included at all, the trailer will similar to the one we just saw. This is what I expect the trailer to be like:

It starts out with Link and Zelda stand together with an army of Hylian soldiers as a storm brews. Suddenly, Ganondorf rides from the sky on his phantom horse with the Sword of Sages, bringing with him an army of Bokoblins.
He gets off and and a war between Ganon's minions and Link and Zelda begins. Link and Ganondorf cut through the soldiers and begin an epic sword duel.

Meanwhile a mysterious figure watches from the shadows. This figure creates a series of flying daggers and sends them at the battlefield at high speed.
Back at the battlefield, the knives come at the fighters and Link and Ganondorf barely dodge them.

The mysterious figure leaves his perch and reveals himself to be Ghirahim.
Gameplay trailer then commences, showing Ghirahim and Ganondorf's new sword-based moveset.

This trailer, of course, would be shown in August if Ghirahim's revealed before release, to tie in to Hyrule Warriors.

Last edited:

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Can you guys add me in as a Ghirahim supporter?
I love him being playable, though I mostly hang out in the Shulk thread.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I think if Ghirahim's included at all, the trailer will similar to the one we just saw. This is what I expect the trailer to be like:

It starts out with Link and Zelda stand together with an army of Hylian soldiers as a storm brews. Suddenly, Ganondorf rides from the sky on his phantom horse with the Sword of Sages, bringing with him an army of Bokoblins.
He gets off and and a war between Ganon's minions and Link and Zelda begins. Link and Ganondorf cut through the soldiers and begin an epic sword duel.

Meanwhile a mysterious figure watches from the shadows. This figure creates a series of flying daggers and sends them at the battlefield at high speed.
Back at the battlefield, the knives come at the fighters and Link and Ganondorf barely dodge them.

Gameplauy trailer them commences, showing Ghirahim and Ganondorf's new sword-based moveset.
I really think they should give Ganondorf a new moveset and move his old moveset to Black Shadow and TADA! You got a unique character, a new character and those who enjoyed Brawl's Ganondorf can play Black Shadow! :drflip:

Can you guys add me in as a Ghirahim supporter?
I love him being playable, though I mostly hang out in the Shulk thread.
We always have space for one more :dr^_^:

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace

Gameplay trailer then commences, showing Ghirahim and Ganondorf's new sword-based moveset.

This trailer, of course, would be shown in August if Ghirahim's revealed before release, to tie in to Hyrule Warriors.
That would actually be perfect. We've got Ganondorf as the Charizard (the less interesting newcomer or the reworked veteran) and Ghirahim as the Greninja. It fits with the theme of the trailers now

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think Ghirahim could really work as a summon character.

He can temporarily summon enemies like Bokoblins, and Keese. He can summon knifes to home in on foes. He can summon swords for him to use in battle.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Actually the song playing when the trophy was shown was ballad of the goddess remixed with Girahim's theme.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Actually the song playing when the trophy was shown was ballad of the goddess remixed with Girahim's theme.
No, it's the original theme. The Smash Direct can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUWnQu2Grs

Fi's trophy is at 14:05 if you're not convinced.

However, at 5:25 the remix of Ballad of the Goddess containing Ghirahim's theme plays, but that part isn't shown. It has piqued my curiosity though.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
oh and I want to be a Girahim supporter too heis one of my top villains (Ridley is my number 1)

Last edited:

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
I dont think LOZ is gonna get another character, i'm waiting just for ganondorf with they own moveset

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
More villains Sakurai plz!!! At least Ghirahim...
Um, at least? More like, at most.
Because it doesn't get better than Ghirahim. :cool:

I dont think LOZ is gonna get another character, i'm waiting just for ganondorf with they own moveset
Okay.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want a reveal trailer with Impa protecting Zelda from Ghirahim. In a way, yes that does mean that I'd want Ghirahim in there. Lucina and Robin gave me the hope that both might get in, and might get revealed along with Ganondorf. Impa and Ghirahim fight, Zelda teaming up with Impa, but they have a hard time against him. Just when Ghirahim is about to KO Impa, Link jumps in and fights Ghirahim off resulting in a KO. When Ghirahim is defeated however, we hear a certain laugh we are all familiar with- and Ganondorf appears on stage. Then the battle continues between Link, Impa and Zelda against Ganondorf in an awesome way.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Isn't there an Impa support thread? Why the user above keeps posting about her here? It is annoying.
I think it will, because I believe in the trophy thingies. I could not be Ghirahim, but I don't think it is just Ganondorf with a new moveset, mainly because Ganondorf has not relation whatsoever to Fi. In fact, he doesn't even appear in Skyward Sword. My bets are either Ghirahim or Impa, but I think Ghirahim is more likely.

What if the newcomer is Groose, tho

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I think it will, because I believe in the trophy thingies. I could not be Ghirahim, but I don't think it is just Ganondorf with a new moveset, mainly because Ganondorf has not relation whatsoever to Fi. In fact, he doesn't even appear in Skyward Sword. My bets are either Ghirahim or Impa, but I think Ghirahim is more likely.

What if the newcomer is Groose, tho
I agree that the thropy is not a hint for ganondorf (it may be nothing in the end, not even a hint but meehh), and i don't think it will be Impa, why? cause Impa became popular when she was confirmed as a Hyrule Warrior character, that was when she became popular, so if Nintendo plan on using a Impa, they would go with the Hyrule Warriors looks and the hint was pointing out at Skyward Sword

Reila

I agree that the thropy is not a hint for ganondorf (it may be nothing in the end, not even a hint but meehh), and i don't think it will be Impa, why? cause Impa became popular when she was confirmed as a Hyrule Warrior character, that was when she became popular, so if Nintendo plan on using a Impa, they would go with the Hyrule Warriors looks and the hint was pointing out at Skyward Sword
True, she wasn't popular before Hyrule Warriors (in fact, only Ghirahim and Groose are, from Skyward Sword), but there is also the "Samurai wants to add more women" thingy... which IMO is bull****, the fact there are a lot of female newcomers is because they are the most suitable characters to be in Smash this time around. I could see Impa being a future DLC (if there is any, of course... Sal Romano's leak is not a reliable source), but as far as Smash 4 non-DLC newcomers are concerned, Ghirahim should be prioritized.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
True, she wasn't popular before Hyrule Warriors (in fact, only Ghirahim and Groose are, from Skyward Sword), but there is also the "Samurai wants to add more women" thingy... which IMO is bull****, the fact there are a lot of female newcomers is because they are the most suitable characters to be in Smash this time around. I could see Impa being a future DLC (if there is any, of course... Sal Romano's leak is not a reliable source), but as far as Smash 4 non-DLC newcomers are concerned, Ghirahim should be prioritized.
I totally agree, i'm pretty sure (and hope) they don't go with the same idea of characters that they took in HW...

1-"We know that they want Zelda, Midna... so lets add Impa there!"
2-"cool!, why not add Agitha?"
1-"Who?"
2-"the bug lady from TP!, noone will expect that"
1-"ermmm... sure why not?"
2-"and Fi!, we know that she wasn't a really popular character... but SHE'S A SWORD AND FEMALE!"
1-"well... i can't debate that but..."
2-"and lets now add an original anime like character! Her name will be Lana"
1-"wait what? n-"
2-"OKS ALL SET!"

Reila

I totally agree, i'm pretty sure (and hope) they don't go with the same idea of characters that they took in HW...

1-"We know that they want Zelda, Midna... so lets add Impa there!"
2-"cool!, why not add Agitha?"
1-"Who?"
2-"the bug lady from TP!, noone will expect that"
1-"ermmm... sure why not?"
2-"and Fi!, we know that she wasn't a really popular character... but SHE'S A SWORD AND FEMALE!"
1-"well... i can't debate that but..."
2-"and lets now add an original anime like character! Her name will be Lana"
1-"wait what? n-"
2-"OKS ALL SET!"
Right? You know, I actually have seen some people PRAISING the HW devs for their choice of characters. Aside from Zelda, Midna, Impa, every choice so far has been extremely weird. Why did they add FI to the playable roster? She (she isn't actually female btw) is one of the least popular characters in Zelda (though I kinda like her, mainly because of her design). Still... I could understand Fi being playable, after all, she is one of the main characters in Skyward Sword... but Agitha and the animu waifu lady are such weird choice for characters, I don't even have words to express how out of place they look in that game.

I am really glad Sakurai isn't this bad at choosing characters for Smash. Sure, he might have made a few controversial picks here and there, but in the end, the roster in the Smash Bros series is fantastic. Smash is probably the fighting game with the best roster, by a huge margin.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Right? You know, I actually have seen some people PRAISING the HW devs for their choice of characters. Aside from Zelda, Midna, Impa, every choice so far has been extremely weird. Why did they add FI to the playable roster? She (she isn't actually female btw) is one of the least popular characters in Zelda (though I kinda like her, mainly because of her design). Still... I could understand Fi being playable, after all, she is one of the main characters in Skyward Sword... but Agitha and the animu waifu lady are such weird choice for characters, I don't even have words to express how out of place they look in that game.

I am really glad Sakurai isn't this bad at choosing characters for Smash. Sure, he might have made a few controversial picks here and there, but in the end, the roster in the Smash Bros series is fantastic. Smash is probably the fighting game with the best roster, by a huge margin.
Yeah, well if Hyrule Warriors go with the normal roster size that the Dinasty Warrior's series have, they will have a lot of character, so they could have more important and wanted characters too (random characters are good but not if that means that you will sacrifice the place of a more popular character), still lets wait and see what happens here, i'm still waiting for the Skull Kid (ghirahim) as a playable character

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh my gosh, I come back here and see a lot of Ghirahim love! I'm going to enjoy reading all of this. :)

I want a reveal trailer with Impa protecting Zelda from Ghirahim. In a way, yes that does mean that I'd want Ghirahim in there. Lucina and Robin gave me the hope that both might get in, and might get revealed along with Ganondorf. Impa and Ghirahim fight, Zelda teaming up with Impa, but they have a hard time against him. Just when Ghirahim is about to KO Impa, Link jumps in and fights Ghirahim off resulting in a KO. When Ghirahim is defeated however, we hear a certain laugh we are all familiar with- and Ganondorf appears on stage. Then the battle continues between Link, Impa and Zelda against Ganondorf in an awesome way.
I'm be pleased with this, but holy wow that's a lot of Zelda characters. :laugh: Although I certainly agree with the sentiment that Sakurai has recently showcased his disregard for representational proportions, amount of appearances, and relevance to the series as a whole. I mean, we've already known this for a while, but that double reveal trailer really went out of its way to demonstrate this. Honestly I feel bad for not thinking about it until I started reading some of the comments here. Getting at least one newcomer, my biggest worry, now seems pretty insignificant and all the more we realize that it's anyone's game (but mostly Ghirahim's :awesome:). I'm not interested in Impa as a character, but a lot of my disapproval is because I didn't think he'd consider two and she, among the other options like Vaati, had to suffer in order to get what I want.

Also, taking notes from that awesome scene between Impa and Ghirahim for the reveal trailer would be pretty fantastic ha. In fact, a reveal trailer with Ghirahim would be pretty fabulous and is almost worth putting him in just to make that. :laugh:

That would be cool.
But I'm pretty sure his FS would be this

There's so many possibilities with his Final Smash. Turning into his sword and attacking, or being wielded by Demise, or transforming into that form like you say, summoning his Horde, summoning The Imprisoned, there's really no telling with such an interesting character.

Sooooo....
What does Robin mean for Ghirahim, as he's a projectile/magic based swordsman like we thought Ghirahim was gonna be?
Not to be pessimistic and all. I still think he has a chance, especially since Gematsu is dead!
And looking at it another way, Ghirahim has stuff like teleports and his own unique ideas for movesets, but I'd still like to hear some other reactions.
LOL. So okay, I missed the trailer live so I had to go click back on the stream to try and find the start of the video, and while doing so I accidentally saw a moment of the middle of it and all I saw was a cloak, white hair, a sword, and a spell, and I nearly lost my **** thinking, "Ghirahim!? Ghirahim is being revealed oh my gosh yes!" When I got to the start I immediately noticed that wasn't the case but I still thoroughly enjoyed the reveal (wish Lucina wasn't EXACTLY the same as Marth movement/moveset wise but I digress).

Honestly I don't think it means anything against him because they'd both still play so different. Ghirahim wouldn't have the durability gimmick and spellbook. Also, a lot of Ghirahim's spells aren't typical spell stuff, like teleporting, summoning enemies, dark Skyward Sword strikes, and creating weapons to wield or fire. Besides, I don't see any indication that Sakurai is worried about having two many of one type of classification regarding move set styles.

I actually loved Fi and I got really excited to see her playable after yesterday when they said that there was a "98% of a character announcement tomorrow".
Not sure if I've said it here before, but I went through all of Skyward Sword without even really noticing anything wrong with Fi, she was just another quirky character. It was only when I went on the internet did I find out that she had to be tolerated. Was a strange moment for me because I didn't even think about it like that at all, not even once.

domokl

Smash Lord
i do tihnk 6 characters for zelda is justifed if fire emblem can get four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom