• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demo 2.5 Tournament Results Archive (*Updated 7/24/2013*)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i played tink r1 and then oro r2.

kels played ORLY round 1 and that was the bottom of the bracket

metroid1117

Smash Master
Here's a bracket I came up with (after reading Oro's tidbit about playing Alex); does it look good?

EDIT: Wow you guys jumped on this immediately, I only saw Oro's post lol.

metroid1117

Smash Master
... Herp derp I posted the wrong screen shot, I had that already >.>. I'm posting the edited bracket in the OP, thanks guys.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
[ASL] ...And Then I Dragged Her Body into the Bathroom​
Mobile, AL; 12 entrants; $5 entry fee​
March 30, 2013​
[collapse=Bracket]
[/collapse]

1: Reflex :squirtle: ($36.00)
2: Majora :bowser2: ($18.00)
3: Ragnarock :snake: :falcomelee: :fox: ($6.00)
4: ProtoMan :sonic:
5: Metmetm3t :gw:
5: Ryker :zerosuitsamus: :falcomelee:
7: Hashtag :pit:
7: Dron :lucas:
9: Amp :ganondorf:
9: Huemon :pikachu2:
9: Cubelarooso
9: Rolfcopter :lucario:

metroid1117

Smash Master
Reflex, will you have videos of your tournament? I'm legitimately curious how you beat Majora's Bowser with Squirtle, I've always assumed that was a terrible match-up.

EDIT: Never mind, just checked my YouTube subscriptions. Great stuff man :).

RiverDB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiVerDB
Conflict 4
Netherlands; 15 entrants; $2 entry fee
March 30, 2013
Bracket: http://i.imgur.com/kQnMxUe.png

1: Ace :ace: :bowser2: :warioc: :charizard:
2: Istudying :sheik:
3: RiVer :zerosuitsamus: :snake:
4: S1-14 :dk2:
5: Jeffrey :peach: :bowser2:
5: Riff :falcomelee: :falcon:
7: Yoshiman :lucario:
7: Arvi :marthmelee:
9: ShadowTL :toonlink:
9: T :falcomelee:
9: RKO :sheik:
9: Four Sword :lucario:
13: Slash
13: Fade
13: Catpuke

And before anyone asks, we had the misfortune of our recording being corrupted, but we will mostlikely have a proper recording setup during out tournament in 2 weeks time.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Conflict 4
Netherlands; 15 entrants; $2 entry fee
March 30, 2013
Bracket: http://i.imgur.com/kQnMxUe.png

1: Ace :ace: :bowser2: :warioc:
2: Istudying :sheik:
3: RiVer :zerosuitsamus: :snake:
4: S1-14 :dk2:
5: Jeffrey :peach: :bowser2:
5: Riff :falcomelee: :falcon:
7: Yoshiman :lucario:
7: Arvi :marthmelee:
9: ShadowTL :toonlink:
9: T :falcomelee:
9: RKO :sheik:
9: Four Sword :lucario:
13: Slash
13: Fade
13: Catpuke

And before anyone asks, we had the misfortune of our recording being corrupted, but we will mostlikely have a proper recording setup during out tournament in 2 weeks time.
I also used Charizard for my set vs Arvi. And Arvi used DK against me.

RiverDB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiVerDB
Sorry that i didn't see every single set you played Ace, and i think we can ignore Arvi's DK since he only lost with it(he also used it against Jeffrey game 3 and lost).

And i'll consider it Oro, but right now i'm still experimenting with characters ;)

Ace55

Smash Lord
Sorry that i didn't see every single set you played Ace, and i think we can ignore Arvi's DK since he only lost with it(he also used it against Jeffrey game 3 and lost).

And i'll consider it Oro, but right now i'm still experimenting with characters ;)
No worries, just thought I'd add to the results.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Oh, I don't think they are. I know Ryker and met pretty well by now. From playing Reflex at APEX, I know how good he is. He had the same overwhelming qualities in Brawl, but play(s/ed) Wario.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Metroid:
My name is wrong in the Romo8 results thread. It's "Strong Bad" not "Strongbad"
Here's the bracket image, too: http://i.imgur.com/0GadZoI.gif
hey Metroid, you never added the bracket image to Rolla Monthly 8's results. additionally here are the full character results for top 8

1. Strong Bad ($60):dk2:
2. RFrizzle ($17):falcon:
3. Hylian ($10):link2:
4. Zivilyn Bane :charizard:
5. Fishburne :ness:
5. Shinobi :fox:
7. Jace :ivysaur:
7. Cookiemonsta :dk2: :falco:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Bulldog Brawl V - April 6, 2013
http://smashboards.com/threads/p-m-bulldog-brawl-v-april-6-2013.335521/
Unfortunately, no videos were recorded.

Project M Singles -- 19 entrants, $5 entry fee
1: TheReflexWonder ($60.00) :ivysaur:
2: ESAM ($30.00) :dk2: :ivysaur:
3: Yoshi is cool ($10.00) :charizard:
4: Jack Pickleson :warioc:
5: Spade :link2:
5: Alex615 :wolf: :falcomelee:
7: Bed :toonlink:
7: Kman :falconmelee:
9: Drike
9: Dyno
9: Rum
9: Mahgnittoc
13: BlindSpot
13: Player-3
13: Loaf
13: AML
17: TGK
17: Player-4
17: Lucky
(Wizard was entered in on accident and was effectively a Bye)

Project M Doubles -- 7 entrants, $10 entry fee
1: Electric Flatulence (Reflex and ESAM) ($42.00) :ivysaur: :squirtle: / :ivysaur: :pikachu2:
2: The Masked Pickle and Friends ($21.00) :warioc: / :charizard:
3: Mahg and Kman ($7.00) :charizard: / :falconmelee:
4: Blindspot & Spade
5: Fat & Sassy
5: Rainbow Dash
7: Double Dorf

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Changed ESAM's characters to DK and Ivysaur; apparently, he only used Pikachu against me.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
East Texas Fight Club Round 2
Lindale, Texas
4/7/2013
24 entrants, 5$ entry fee
http://smashboards.com/threads/pm-traditionals-etfc-round-2-swag-yolo.335544/

Singles

1: Sethlon ($72.00) :marthmelee:
2: Oracle ($36.00) :lucas:
3: McBad ($12.00) :ness:
4: Dakpo :gw:
5: Infinity :peach:
5: Dr Drew the Dragon :sheik: :fox:
7: Strawhat :falcon:
7: popertop :zeldamelee:
9: Ninja :link2::pit:
9: Keys :zeldamelee:
9: Denti :lucario:
9: Fino :marthmelee:
13: Bomb
13: Count Blue :ganondorf:
13: Bamf :lucario:
13: LA :pikachu2:
17: Ant
17: Pythagoras :ivysaur:
17: tiGGer
17: tawko :ganondorf: :snake:
17: PsychoAce :falcon:
17: IceCream :zerosuitsamus: :ivysaur:
17: Cray
17: Arty

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I've been conflicted about maining Sonic ever since I saw Wizzrobe's matches at Apex. Part of the reason I wanted to go to Chicago was to prove that my flashier style of Sonic was viable and that spin camping wasn't a requirement for the character to succeed. The fact that I ended up winning was awesome, but it still didn't really satisfy my problem. A good example of what I'm talking about is our money match. I rewatched our set after i got back to Texas to try and figure out what I did wrong...and other than bad stage counterpicking, the thing that I noticed most was that often when I tried to approach it would get stuffed out and I'd be in a bad position. Whenever I was patient and just waited in downB charge, though, it nearly always netted me a hit and superior positioning. If I had played more passively, I think I could have taken the win. (No offense to you or your 'zard, we both know its godlike)

I really don't enjoy playing passive or campy. I was obviously willing to use downB some in tournament, but I was also being pulled the other direction by my desire to play Sonic fast and exciting and have my own style show through. So how much passivity would be too much? I'm a somewhat stubborn and prideful person, but I know (from experience!) that I won't be satisfied to lose because I didn't "turn up the gay enough". If my personal style/skill isn't getting me wins and losses that I'm satisfied with, then I know I shouldn't me playing as that character.

So I had a choice; embrace the potential of spin camping, or pick a different character. Marth was the right choice for me, I think; I've been very satisfied with him thus far.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Sonic has serious problems beating out hitboxes. This is rectified pretty easily by just not running into them, but the fact that virtually any move with substance that comes out will put Sonic in a bad position increases the need of "don't run in unless they are not able to hit you".

Since Sonic's down+b allows him to jet forward quickly with a hitbox that leads into anything, it makes it the most logical choice. Especially since most of his aerials suck for just straight up approaching on their own in comparison.

I've found Sonic suffers greatly from platform camping opponents since it shuts down the down+b, but Sonic is able to do so much damage from one combo or chain that it's not as big a deal as it could be.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey guys, I've finished updating the OP with this week's tournaments (except minus PM at Beast 3 - the full results aren't up yet); please check the OP for details!

I've been conflicted about maining Sonic ever since I saw Wizzrobe's matches at Apex. Part of the reason I wanted to go to Chicago was to prove that my flashier style of Sonic was viable and that spin camping wasn't a requirement for the character to succeed. The fact that I ended up winning was awesome, but it still didn't really satisfy my problem. A good example of what I'm talking about is our money match. I rewatched our set after i got back to Texas to try and figure out what I did wrong...and other than bad stage counterpicking, the thing that I noticed most was that often when I tried to approach it would get stuffed out and I'd be in a bad position. Whenever I was patient and just waited in downB charge, though, it nearly always netted me a hit and superior positioning. If I had played more passively, I think I could have taken the win. (No offense to you or your 'zard, we both know its godlike)

I really don't enjoy playing passive or campy. I was obviously willing to use downB some in tournament, but I was also being pulled the other direction by my desire to play Sonic fast and exciting and have my own style show through. So how much passivity would be too much? I'm a somewhat stubborn and prideful person, but I know (from experience!) that I won't be satisfied to lose because I didn't "turn up the gay enough". If my personal style/skill isn't getting me wins and losses that I'm satisfied with, then I know I shouldn't me playing as that character.

So I had a choice; embrace the potential of spin camping, or pick a different character. Marth was the right choice for me, I think; I've been very satisfied with him thus far.
I'm sorry that you were so conflicted about a character you had put so much time and energy into =/. I'm going to miss watching your aggro Sonic, but it's cool that you're playing Marth (I'm a Marth main in Melee) and that you've found a main that works for you.

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
Hey metroid, there's an ECUgaming tourney that I'll be attending to this weekend. I'll be sure to send the results from that tourney if you don't browse by.

Also, here are the results from the last ECUgaming tourney back in October 20th

http://www.smashboards.com/threads/...ity-micro-and-raid-call.328958/#post-14984927

Placement in Bracket.
It's been awhile so I'm not so certain on the characters that were used in the tournament.

1st Place: Dr. PeePee: Marth, Sheik

2nd Place: Stingers: Charizard, Fox

3rd Place: MrBenReady: Wario, Ganondorf

4th place: Chaser: Link, C.Falcon, Snake

5th place tie: Gryph: Sheik, Ike, Ganondorf / Archer: Toon Link, Link

7th place tie: Lozr: Fox / Ian: Ness

9th place tie: Koozy / Goldfish / GhostAnime: Sheik / GlitterPuke

13th place tie: GQ / Nic / Tehsqueemistro

Yellow = Characters that were used in bracket. (From my memory)

metroid1117

Smash Master
Yes, please post your results from this weekend's tournament - that would be very helpful!

I know you went through a lot of work to dig up those results, but are they for 2.1? I'm sorry that it's not clear in the OP, but I intended this thread to be for 2.5b tournaments, so I don't think I'm going to add the one you posted =/.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
sethlon's such a jerk

shoulda gone marth against me in chicago >=)

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
Yes, please post your results from this weekend's tournament - that would be very helpful!

I know you went through a lot of work to dig up those results, but are they for 2.1? I'm sorry that it's not clear in the OP, but I intended this thread to be for 2.5b tournaments, so I don't think I'm going to add the one you posted =/.

Oh I'm sorry man. I didn't know if it was only for 2.5b.

But yeah, to clear that up for you, the tournament was indeed 2.0. The tourney that I'm going to has 2.5b however.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Ace Smash Project M Edition

Amsterdam, the Netherlands

13th of April, 2013

13 entrants

5 euro entry, payout 60% (39 euro), 30% (19.50 euro), 10% (6,50 euro)

http://smash-bros.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1010

1 Ace :bowser2::warioc::charizard:
2 Fays :falcomelee: :fox:
3 Avalancer :ivysaur: :zeldamelee:
4 Faab :squirtle:
5 Remen :zerosuitsamus: :lucas:
5 Joeri :warioc:
7 S1-14 :dk2: :squirtle:
7 River :zerosuitsamus: :snake:
9 CorteX :zerosuitsamus:
9 Blood :sheik:
9 Jeffrey :bowser2: :peach: :sheik:
9 trickerL :falcomelee:
13 CODE :marthmelee:

Rest of the videos on http://www.youtube.com/user/Aronia55.

Teams:
10 euro per team, payout 70% (35 euro), 30% (15 euro)​
1 Ace:bowser2:& Avalancer:zeldamelee:
2 Faab:squirtle: & Remen:zerosuitsamus:
3 Blood :sheik:& S1-14:dk2:
4 Jeffrey :bowser2:& River:zerosuitsamus:
5 Joeri:warioc: & CorteX:zerosuitsamus:

RiverDB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiVerDB
Little addition to what Ace said: CODE played Marth during the tournament, and i only played snake 1 game vs Fays which i lost. But damn that was a fast post Ace, guess i couldn't beat you to the punch this time.

EDIT: ignore the part about snake, forgot that i used him vs Jeffrey.

Top Bottom