• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delta Upsilon VII: April 30th, 2011 BRING SETUPS!

lou4222

Smash Lord
I unfortunately no longer can come. Unexpected visit from in laws to install our new furnace. I was really hoping to come. Maybe next columbus tourney

:phone:

Hael Phael

Smash Ace
so my ride is going to be pretty cramped but it's also going to be all kinds of fun, can't wait til tomorrow guys!

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
so my ride is going to be pretty cramped but it's also going to be all kinds of fun, can't wait til tomorrow guys!
how's it going to be cramped when you have the passenger seat lol
ya im mad
and gay
Tech Chase, idk if im going in time for dubz, but if i do, i might team.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Hael : you are still not on the list

Me: ***** im always on da list

Hael: you need to post in the specific format
I am going to DU on April 30th

Me: im on that vip status

or w.e.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sigh:
I am going [if AZ allows] to DU on April 30th<3

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Here it is, the final list. Even if people drop no one new will be added (cause I always prefer the event to run faster LOL).

1. Bowyer
2. Hael Phael
3. Y.b.M.
4. Mister Eric
5. Z
6. Moose
7. Juushichi
8. TheKiest
9. SneakyTako
10. mars16
11. links24
12. Blue Rogue
13. Jiffyboob
14. Lumi
15. Quivo
16. KB
17. Fonz
18. Nope
19. Infern
20. What's the Point
21. Technical Chase
22. Gio
23. Kel
24. Kassandra
25. Float
26. Lain
27. Blindman
28. Ralph Cecil
29. Forward Air Rage
30. Sailor Princess Twenty-Two
31. TechnoDreamer
32. DJGimmah

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Alright guys, here is the deal!

Tomorrow I will not be entering or be there for singles. I'll be getting to the venue early (10AM) to set up and clean the basement. Please to not arrive before 11AM as you will simply be sitting in a corner with nothing to do. Doubles will start PROMPTLY at 12:15PM. Why promptly? Because it turns out I won't be able to enter singles and since doubles is the only event I can enter I am going to make sure there is enough time to play it through to the finals (assuming I make it that far) AND so that I can get singles registration done and singles pools set up all before I have to leave the venue at 4PM to go to a wedding (worst case scenario I miss the ceromony though and go just to the dinner which is at 6PM). Either way, while I am gone, The Kiest will be the man running the show. He will have all authority and his word is law, and it will be his job to advance top 4 from pools to the bracket. I will be returning around 8PM to see the tournament finish and make sure the place gets cleaned up.

So, again, do not arrive before 11AM. Make sure you arrive before 12 because doubles registration is going to end promptly at noon and the first round will be called extremely quickly after that. Singles will start around 3:30-4:00PM as usual. Remember, between ~4PM and 8PM The Kiest is in charge.

Finally, here is all I know about setups right now:
TVS
1. AlphaZealot
2. Kiest
3. Kiest
4. Kiest
5. Moose
6. KB

Wiis
1. AlphaZealot
2. Kiest
3. Moose
4. KB
PLEASE STEP UP AND BRING SET UPS! IF ALL YOU CAN BRING IS A WII THAT IS OKAY CHANCES ARE WE CAN USE IT!!!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
EVERYONE PLEASE BRING SETUPS!!!

As of right now we have FOUR setups! That means when singles starts there will be no pools since the tournament simply will not finish. We need at least 8 setups to run this thing! Please post if you can bring something! Wii/TV/whatever!!!

Here is all we have so far:

TVS
1. AlphaZealot
2. Kiest
3. Kiest
4. Kiest
5. Moose
6. KB

Wiis
1. AlphaZealot
2. Kiest
3. Moose
4. KB

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Ok, well, double whammy. I just slaved over my Wii/SD card for hours getting some slick music and changing song titles to match the songs, and my Wii just decided to stop reading my disc all of a sudden. Something important and personal was also brought to my attention today, so I am no longer going to be able to attend this because of it. Fml.

It really sucks and I wanted to play you all again, but I'll just have to settle for dishing out the hurt next weekend at Kiest's event. Good luck at this Ohio!

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Will be arriving with 6 people in our car, but for singles only.
Should be there by 2 if that's alright.
it will be:
Me
Hael
Float
Blindman
Ralph Cecil
Forward Air Rage

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Remember to bring set ups! Also I'm teaming with lain.do not arrive before 11am as you will not be able to enter.

With KBs set up gone and keist we only have a whoping 2 setups. Please bring a wii if you can't bring a tv because we have at least 1 tv with no wii as of right now.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
i know we're jam packed atm. so the chances of bringing a tv is super slim. but mayhaps we can bring a wii

srsly guys, step it up or we'll never get this done by 11 or w/e the "closing" time is

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If we only have like 4 TVS we are gonna do just a straight double elimination bracket. We need at least 8 (maybe 7) in order to do pools.

Also yes please bring a Wii if you can. I'm working on a backup plan in case no extra setups happen but chances are slim I'll be able to find more TVs.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I'm bringing a full setup. I'm crammed in the back (as in the trunk like area lol) of a jeep, cuddling with a tv. So we don't have a wii for your tv, but I'd say someone will fill that slot

Edit:

Also yes please bring a Wii if you can. I'm working on a backup plan in case no extra setups happen but chances are slim I'll be able to find more TVs.
I rly hope this works out bc im not lovin the idea of driving over 3 hrs for a straight to bracket tourney. Not that it's your fault tho lol

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
1. Lain :metaknight:
2. Y.b.M :zerosuitsamus: :kirby2:
3. Infern Angelis :snake:
4. Blue Rogue :wario:
5. Fonz :lucario: :metaknight:
5. Kel: :metaknight:
7. Links :falco: :toonlink:
7. Mr. Eric :rob:
9. Tech_Chase :dedede: :metaknight:
9. What's The Point :falco: :kirby2:
9. Quivo :toonlink:
9. King Beef :pikachu2: :metaknight:
13. Bowyer :metaknight:
13. Moose :marth: :snake:
13. KassandraNova :metaknight:
13. SneakyTako :rob:

For those interested. Characters may need a little tweaking but yeah. This is just bracket btw. Too lazy to type out pools now that Im finally home lol

Top Bottom