• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DEHF Wins Smash 3DS at SDCC - Videos Here

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Larry "DEHF" won the Super Smash Brothers 3DS tournament at San Diego Comic Con yesterday. The extremely talented Smash player and winner for Super Smash Brothers Brawl was snubbed from the Nintendo Invitational at E3 despite an impressive resume with both Melee and Brawl. It appears that just a month later, DEHF would find the sweet taste of victory as the first champion of Super Smash Brothers 3DS. His win illustrates that skill in the Smash genre as a whole may play a part in who sees early success with Super Smash Brothers Wii U and 3DS.

Lots of videos are coming out from the event - we've picked a few of the more interesting ones below.

DEHF wins the Grand Finals

Westballz finds a glitch with Bowser

Bill Trinen from Nintendo beats Toph

JC from Nintendo may have leaked Falco...or Wolf...or customized stun lasers

Last edited by a moderator:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Livin' like Larry

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Yesterday had all kinds of great footage. The early FFA matches kinda sucked, but hey, they're FFAs, what do you expect? Scar did an excellent job commentating. Bill is eh cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything. And hey, they might have contributed to fixing Bowser's Final Smash. Bowser looks really great, btw. The game speed and such looks great, and the 60 FPS looks fantastic.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
R-really? B-bowser was both players in.....G-g-grand f-FINALS! Ho man he is ALIVE in the smash universe!

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Love all the videos. Bowser finals were intense. I just wish the damage percents were visible somehow.

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
I honestly hope that this helps give Smash 3DS the competitive scene it truly deserves.

D

Deleted member

I honestly hope that this helps give Smash 3DS the competitive scene it truly deserves.
Agreed, hopefully people don't see it as ''inferior'' after watching the whole tournament. DEHF made a good job playing as Bowser.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
>Game isn't even out yet
>They've already found a glitch

You know what? Good. Now Nintendo can fix that before the final product is released.

Article said:
His win illustrates that skill in the Smash genre as a whole may play a part in who sees early success with Super Smash Brothers Wii U and 3DS.
Way to kill my hopes of one day surviving in a tournament, *******.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
>Game isn't even out yet
>They've already found a glitch

You know what? Good. Now Nintendo can fix that before the final product is released.
Well uh, it is the E3 demo, and that's been stressed a lot by Nintendo. Giga Bowser doesn't even seem finished aside from a few texture changes.

poisontongue

Smash Rookie
I was glad Larry won. Wish they would have used their handles though because I couldn't recognize anyone.

And yay, Bowser might not be a punching bag...?

Also, Bill Trinnen has been owning Scar and Toph all day. I don't know whether it's funny or sad.

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
I was glad Larry won. Wish they would have used their handles though because I couldn't recognize anyone.

And yay, Bowser might not be a punching bag...?

Also, Bill Trinnen has been owning Scar and Toph all day. I don't know whether it's funny or sad.
Yeah, That's just too funny, but it IS a new game, and Bill's Rosalina was better than most people's maybe caught Scar and Toph off guard.

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
I don't know about you guys, but that Bowser Ditto Grandfinals was just beautiful. :4bowser:

D

Deleted member

Hmm, for some reason, the ''NINTENDO'' part in the SDCC Live logo reminds me of the N64 logo.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I love these tournaments that Nintendo runs but hopefully they aren't all FFA tournaments at least after both versions come out because 1v1s are just more interesting to me partly because I can observe player strategies easier.

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
I love these tournaments that Nintendo runs but hopefully they aren't all FFA tournaments at least after both versions come out because 1v1s are just more interesting to me partly because I can observe player strategies easier.
And I hope they shift more towards items being treated as a mode rather than the norm. Do a couple matches to show off the items, that's fine, but it's so much better without them.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
And I hope they shift more towards items being treated as a mode rather than the norm. Do a couple matches to show off the items, that's fine, but it's so much better without them.
It depends. using ISP rules, items are just fine. I agree completely about having all items on, but a lot of them are no different than certain characters moves, and really don't make a big impact on the fight, just give players a few more options.

Either way, absolutely loved watching the finals/grand finals, and congratulations to everyone who competed.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
man, i'm tired of watching these "pro's" playing smash 4. Just wait till it is released, there will be tons of pro's suddenly. Not just the ones known from events.

Top Bottom