• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deflowered! A Comprehensive Guide of Infinite Knowledge!

Dyyne

Smash Ace

Look at the pikmin description section... I believe I put that stuff there.... unless I quit out of word and didn't save it when I was writing that stuff :'(

I'm not sure how to put the % damage yet... NC-Echo had his way, and I have mine... I'm not sure which method is better (or perhaps is another is better that I haven't thought of yet). I'll think about it :D

And I love putting my name on stuff <33 Even if it dun belong on the video compendium (i'ma take that off XD) I'm cocky I know :psycho:

~Fino

btw, I understand the color and format thing.... it takes forever ._.
If you mean the ecostystem section (I like the name btw :)) , then unless I'm somehow missing it, no it's not there. LATCH damage is there, pummel (as in grab's pummel) is not.

I'm not saying take out your descriptions, just saying to put his chart in also, just for quick searches.

Ironically I was working on a dthrow combo list on the bus ride home... it's about a page long single spaced... Would it be better to have a flow chart?

~Fino
You can use my chaingrab thread for reference, although I think a ton of it is wrong....
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=203066
I might just bump it and get the good **** in. Or you can make a thread called "Fino's olimar's chaingrab discussion" rofl. A flowchart would be very nice though.

Bah, **** it, I'm just going to make a new thread I think, for combos in general. Chaingrabs, inescapable, all that good ****.

Fino

Smash Master
If you mean the ecostystem section (I like the name btw :)) , then unless I'm somehow missing it, no it's not there. LATCH damage is there, pummel (as in grab's pummel) is not.

I'm not saying take out your descriptions, just saying to put his chart in also, just for quick searches.

You can use my chaingrab thread for reference, although I think a ton of it is wrong....
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=203066
I might just bump it and get the good **** in. Or you can make a thread called "Fino's olimar's chaingrab discussion" rofl. A flowchart would be very nice though.

Bah, **** it, I'm just going to make a new thread I think, for combos in general. Chaingrabs, inescapable, all that good ****.
The reason the Q&A thread has my name in it is because I keep the OP updated with my responses to pertinent questions by olimar mains. Per blackwaltz request, all the answers are written by me.

Anyways, I'm writing combos and dthrow stuff. I would use your chart, but I think I'm going to test with arkive to see how early you can DI out, I think I remember you mentioning that you didn't test for DI. Unlike Kyas' KO chart for attacks, people always DI when thrown :(

I thought I had included pummel ^^; I'll look into that ;)

~Fino

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Don't worry man, I'm just joking about the name stuff. Anyway, the stuff from my thread is....wrong. The guy posted it, but I realized shortly after how wrong it was lul.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cool stuff dude. I'll help out however I can. :D

Fino

Smash Master
Cool stuff dude. I'll help out however I can. :D
Thanks! Your important thread sticky has helped me organize my thoughts and know what to put in here. I'm going to be writing a hella long special thanks section ^^;

you can have my kill %'s if you want,I just got brawl back so im good to go.
Coolio, where can I find that? or if it's not somewhere here, just pm me :D

fino you suck
eye lub u zori
<333

<3 finish that flow chart
HADOUKEN! ;)

~Fino

Carbonated

Smash Cadet
Nice guide.

I'm pretty sure that if you footstole someone, you can get a dair if you have a yellow pikmin up next. Although, I'm not sure why you would end up chasing somebody just to get a footstole since his recovery sucks.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yeah, that only happens in training mode...
..not really. CPU opponents have a small percentage of decreasing the latch amount by one hit. This is in no way relevant to whether or not it's a flower pikmin. If you turn the opponent in training mode to 'control' it follows the set pattern, decreasing by one hit every thirty damage, as if it were a human. Why CPUs are able to shake the pikmin off a little early, i have no idea.

However, i find this part interesting. Damage doesnt actually determine how many hits the pikmin attacks for, but how many frames the pikmin will stay latched. During these frames, the pikmin will hit at a set pattern until its timer runs out. The reason I'm saying this is because if the opponent is attacked at a certain frame, the pikmin will not damage the opponent. I've actually latched a pikmin to an opponent, and ended up having the pikmin not dealing ANY latch damage, but still fell off of the opponent at the time it normally would.

I'll probably end up doing more tests to figure this out in depth and get the exact frames, but i need new recording equipment.. >.> or for someone to direct me towards this homebrew hack that i keep hearing about for frame testing. If I could get this I'd also take care of all of the rest of olimar's frame data as well.

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
Ok,so you could add this under your damage %,I will also draw up a chart later,
F-smash kill %(uncharged,c-stick)
Performed on the basis of a king dedede in the middle of fd,these should kill all characters.
Red Blue Yellow White Purple
137% 137% 160%278%118%

That any help?,if it is I can give more.

LOL,white pikmin.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
.... or for someone to direct me towards this homebrew hack that i keep hearing about for frame testing. If I could get this I'd also take care of all of the rest of olimar's frame data as well.
Got the code from here.

Debug Pause:-(GCC)
80000000 805B8A08
0402E5AC 8819000B
4A000000 804DE470
38000000 EFFF1000
86410000 00000001
E2000001 00000000
4A000000 805B8A08
3A000002 00FF0000
12000002 00000001
E2000001 00000000
4A000000 804DE470
38000000 FFEF0010
4A000000 805B8A08
3A000002 FF000000
12000002 00000100
E2000002 00000000

Press Start to freeze the game(don't worry, the music and sounds are unaffected).
Press Z to step through frame by frame.
Press Start again to unfreeze the game.
(The new Start command is X+D^)

Button Modifier:
041E6CD8 4BE1C128
041E6D1C 4BE1C114
06002E00 00000068
9421FF80 BC410008
7CE4402E 7CE738F8
7CE73039 3864FFC0
7CE3412E 7CC4412E
B8410008 38210080
60000000 481E3EB0
9421FF80 BC410008
7C03202E 3DC01000
7DCE70F8 7C007039
740E0408 3DE00408
7C0E7800 40820008
64001000 B8410008
38210080 481E3EBC

It's somewhat difficult to work with at times (sometimes the Z button, which you use to move forward frame-by-frame, will make your character grab by accident), but it's a lot better than recording. K Prime used it to find all of Pikachu's frame data within a few days, so it can't be too hard.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
alright i was right :D
thanks KayLo for the code!

Latch comes out on frame 9, does its first hit on 26, and every hit after that follows a pattern of one hit every 30 frames. At 0% latch lasts for 269 frames, and decreases by one frame for every percent the opponent has. The lowest it'll get is 69 frames though (two hits)

i'll do the rest of the frame data next i suppose

Fino

Smash Master
alright i was right :D
thanks KayLo for the code!

Latch comes out on frame 9, does its first hit on 26, and every hit after that follows a pattern of one hit every 30 frames. At 0% latch lasts for 269 frames, and decreases by one frame for every percent the opponent has. The lowest it'll get is 69 frames though (two hits)

i'll do the rest of the frame data next i suppose
<33 pro-status hilt

question... and I know you like finding out the seemingly useless XD but say you latch in training mode and pause after every latch (as to set it back to 0) would it be possible to exceed the max amount of latches?

~Fino

Dyyne

Smash Ace

<33 pro-status hilt

question... and I know you like finding out the seemingly useless XD but say you latch in training mode and pause after every latch (as to set it back to 0) would it be possible to exceed the max amount of latches?

~Fino
I wouldn't think so, since the max number of frames is 269. Reseting the damage back to 0 would probably change the max from, say, 4 if they were at w/e percent get's 4 hits, to 9. I doubt they would get extra hits though. That is if I'm understanding Hilt correctly.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard

<33 pro-status hilt

~Fino
hmm i would assume that the amount of latches the pikmin latched wouldnt follow a counter going up, but a counter going down. This counter would be, say... 260, i'm pretty sure. Decreasing by one for each percent, with a minimum of 60. (i'm not including the 9 frames for the attack to come out, because the pikmin isnt latched yet. After this counter has been set, nothing can interfere with it. The person's damage changing will not affect it.

so in short... no, fino xD
you cant latch a pikmin infinitely lol

RichBrown

Smash Master
I keep wavebouncing the whistle by accident how the FU¢K do I do it on purpose I'm ******** and I don't know how to do it on purpose but I want to because I see so many uses for this no one sees things like I do BAM

RichBrown

Smash Master
I totally meant to post that in the Q&A. Well while I'm here

When you are above people, spike them, and then land right on top of them and shield. They will almost always get-up attack, and you can shield grab them.

Use upB a lot. It will help you bait airdodges. To really freak people out run at them and use upB when a fair would easily do.

When you are above someone, hover gently to the ground, then fastfall->whistle->grab or upsmash. It's kinda fun to do i guess.

When you KO someone, get your white(s) to the front, toss it at your opponent immediately followed by the purple(s). If you have no white, toss the purple. If you have no purple, toss the white. Just trust me on this one.

Corollary to ^^^: If you have 2 purples, sometimes it's fun to throw one while standing, dash forward, and throw the other one. Makes me feel fuzzy on the inside.

Charge downsmashes. People start doing weird **** when you charge downsmashes.

Those are all the things I've been doing lately. **** I shoulda written my own guide. No, I'm not sorry for the double post.

Llumys

Smash Champion
I think the information itself is good, but the OP could use a little more tech chasing advice. Also, I think it also needs a little more cleaning up.

ChiefOnionSauce

Smash Cadet
cool guide. helps a lot. halarious too.
Fatties, as they are sometimes called, can knock people when thrown (a very high priority projectile).
made me lol when thought out of context.

and...

I thought Olimar in the black/yellow costume wasn't actually black. just his helmet was tinted because in the glare you can see his skin is white-ish.

or is it just a matter of perspective?

Llumys

Smash Champion
I actually imagine Olimar is never black. I just think it's the helmet. I've actually drawn Olimar's black costume without his helmet on, and he was white.

I'm racist like that.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
My guide isn't finish, whereas NC-echo has done all that he's going to do... so its fine if you want to keep this one stickied (at least until mine is done ;D)
What makes this one better out of curiosity... I'm open to improvements

~Fino
Well, there's so much green text in the move descriptions. For me at least, it's a bit much. I'd change it... but maybe that's just me. Add some different sized texts, underline some things, and bold others to make them stand out. You've got only about 2-3 different font sizes. You have pictures of each pikmin. Get some of each attack as well.

As far as content goes, so far the guide is really just giving a breakdown of the pikmin, each attack, and some tricks/ATs. There's no mention of how to play Olimar in general, camping strats, when to throw pikmin, when to pluck, his priority, how to recovery properly, when to use the whistle versus an airdodge, etc. I've got that one guide on how to camp with Olimar. Maybe I should put some more effort into it and update it.

Fino

Smash Master
Well, there's so much green text in the move descriptions. For me at least, it's a bit much. I'd change it... but maybe that's just me. Add some different sized texts, underline some things, and bold others to make them stand out. You've got only about 2-3 different font sizes. You have pictures of each pikmin. Get some of each attack as well.

As far as content goes, so far the guide is really just giving a breakdown of the pikmin, each attack, and some tricks/ATs. There's no mention of how to play Olimar in general, camping strats, when to throw pikmin, when to pluck, his priority, how to recovery properly, when to use the whistle versus an airdodge, etc. I've got that one guide on how to camp with Olimar. Maybe I should put some more effort into it and update it.
indeed... it's all being worked on; I'm actually working on getting animated gif's for all of olimar's attacks to put on here

~Fino

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
You should mention that you can link down tilts together at low %'s. Start it from the right distance and you could rack up nearly 20% with dtilts. It's really only useful once becauseit's pretty easy to escape and easy to see coming--it's just that no one really expects another dtilt after one so try it out sometime.

The video for stage pulling had been "removed by the user".

You mentioned an AT that only works on Green Greens so I might as well suggest a move that (as far as I know) only works on Norfair: within the "V" that the platforms kind of create, if you're next to a platform and UpB outward, it will shoot straight across and attach to the hangable edge. So it'll basically attack everything across the platform and you'll grab onto the other side. Not very practical, yeah, but it exists.

(if any of this has already been mentioned, sorry, I didn't feel like reading 6 pages)

Fino

Smash Master
You mentioned an AT that only works on Green Greens so I might as well suggest a move that (as far as I know) only works on Norfair: within the "V" that the platforms kind of create, if you're next to a platform and UpB outward, it will shoot straight across and attach to the hangable edge. So it'll basically attack everything across the platform and you'll grab onto the other side. Not very practical, yeah, but it exists.
This is the reason I lost to lain at the mwcc <_<

~Fino

Top Bottom