• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede Database (The *Buuman trap* included) UPDATED 7/17/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

L-T!

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so, I found something groundbreaking against diddy kong. Run up and full hop dair bananas that are on the ground. It's broken because you cover your *** with your hammer, you pick up the banana, you move while your doing it, and it auto cancels
I was testing this with other characters and the ones I chose could all pick up banana's with aerials, it didn't have to be the downair. Just thought I'd throw that out there. That's how I discovered Lucario's Banana->D-Air Lock

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=232875

Tec0+9

Smash Apprentice
Just going say 1 thing. Buuman trap or w.e you call it isn't yours to claim. Every smart Dedede knows how to trap like that. So Aside from this guide probably being helpful, I suggest you don't claim things to be yours when they're not.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Just going say 1 thing. Buuman trap or w.e you call it isn't yours to claim. Every smart Dedede knows how to trap like that. So Aside from this guide probably being helpful, I suggest you don't claim things to be yours when they're not.
lol, there was no such thing as a trap, I came up with the idea of this being unavoidabe...you know what...I'm not gonna waste my time with you. I named it because its unavoidable...and showed why, and how to set it up. GTFO of my thread, and find something else to do >,>

Tec0+9

Smash Apprentice
lol, there was no such thing as a trap, I came up with the idea of this being unavoidabe...you know what...I'm not gonna waste my time with you. I named it because its unavoidable...and showed why, and how to set it up. GTFO of my thread, and find something else to do >,>
Contradicting yourself I see. Smart. First off "your idea" is avoidable. This game doesn't have unavoidable setups. Secondly just because you do a smart move doesn't make it yours to claim. Any smart player knows how to take advantage of setups. If you think your good try coming up with something like this....

Tec0+9

Smash Apprentice
People that follow character guides will never be good in the game.

Character guides are really stupid because by following them you become a shadow of someone. Unless you want to be good in a game be original and come up with your own stuff. Just to use this "buuman trap" as an example. The reason Zelda fell for it is because she rolled immediately. Here are her options to avoid this

1) Wait and get up
2) Roll back. (who the hell rolls into their opponent seriously...)
3) Getup attack.

True this will work a lot against decent people, but it has a 60% probability of failing against pros. Not only will it probably work the first time, you will never catch a second time so I suggest using something like this as your trump card.

To sum up this post if you really want to be good make up your own mind games and be original. Who's to say someone who wants to learn Dedede's options will read this and will figure out buuman. The only way to be good is to forget about publicity and play for the money, keep stuff to yourself, and be original.

Tec0+9

Smash Apprentice
My last post for the morning.

I about to contradict myself, but for a reason. Character guides are good to give you a basic idea of how to use the character, but when someone decides to claim moves as their own and write it down within their guide makes it just another "meatridin" post. :dizzy:

Buuman

Smash Ace
I'm sick of explaining this. I'm happy that 99% of the people on here know what I'm talking about. Its unavoidable if you time it right.

I'm glad that this is useful for some of you

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Contradicting yourself I see. Smart. First off "your idea" is avoidable. This game doesn't have unavoidable setups. Secondly just because you do a smart move doesn't make it yours to claim. Any smart player knows how to take advantage of setups. If you think your good try coming up with something like this....

Ever heard of the Mew2King gimp? Yeah, same thing.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
The only way too be good is to forget about publicity and play for the money, keep stuff to yourself, and be original.

I completely understand that part of your quote....I was thinking about that on my way back from my local tournament.
I keep thinking out which is more important when playing smash too...the money is.
And being original...I've been with you about that too bro.
You know exactly what to think about the consequences in general...

Tec0+9

Smash Apprentice

I completely understand that part of your quote....I was thinking about that on my way back from my local tournament.
I keep thinking out which is more important when playing smash too...the money is.
And being original...I've been with you about that too bro.
You know exactly what to think about the consequences in general...
Thank you sir. Once again Buuman it's avoidable. I also forgot to mention the possibility of teching the Dthrow against people who can't be chain grabbed.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
I may be wrong, but aren't you not supposed to charge until you see they are about to do something. That gets rid of there option to wait out the trap. Then if they attack, it misses because Dedede leans back. They are blocked by the edge so they can't get out of range, and if they roll towards you then they are still in range, if they just get up, they are in range.

I don't think the money is important in brawl. It's mainly about having fun and improving yourself.

P.S. you are kind of trolling this thread Tec0+9. Everyone else seems to understand except for you.

Tec0+9

Smash Apprentice
I don't think the money is important in brawl. It's mainly about having fun and improving yourself.
Spoken like a true random scrub.

I may be wrong, but aren't you not supposed to charge until you see they are about to do something. That gets rid of there option to wait out the trap. Then if they attack, it misses because Dedede leans back. They are blocked by the edge so they can't get out of range, and if they roll towards you then they are still in range, if they just get up, they are in range.
You are wrong my friend. The first time yes you wait and see what they do and adapt to their movements/habits. After that you have to chase them before they make there move, predict. If they wait then you just got mind gamed. If they continue their habits then BINGO.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
The trap is avoidable lol

I did it too much on my friends they now learned to tech. >_<

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
The trap is avoidable lol

I did it too much on my friends they now learned to tech. >_<
If you used it for times other than just for the kill, or you used it too many times for the kill, that's the problem. You should only use it once for the kill ONLY in one match smexy mexy...
Read my down smash encouragement thread again! =)

Tec0+9

Smash Apprentice
If you used it for times other than just for the kill, or you used it too many times for the kill, that's the problem. You should only use it once for the kill ONLY in one match smexy mexy...
Read my down smash encouragement thread again! =)

Uhh no sir you are wrong. The problem is not that he overused it. The problem is his friend learned how to tech. Dthrow to Dsmash is easy to predict and see coming because it's one of his few options.

Buuman

Smash Ace
After the initial down throw, you can walk forward to tighten their gap, and down smash (Don't forget you can smash (c stick) out of a walk and charge the smash with Z)

Tec0+9

Smash Apprentice
After the initial down throw, you can walk forward to tighten their gap, and down smash (Don't forget you can smash (c stick) out of a walk and charge the smash with Z)
Don't forget you can still tech.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Its avoidable.

When you Dthrow they can Tech, if they do its over.

But if they don't you can still attempt to do the "Trap".

Buuman

Smash Ace
Tec - You're a moron. Read my thread...if they tech the trap it doesn't work you idiot. And maybe you're just bad at reaction but when someone techs my down throw I can still punish them with a trap. If you walk after the down throw (Or run and shield cancel your run) you can close the gap and pursue their tech with a down smash.

Smexy - I've given up hope with you. I figured you understood the concept, but evidently no. Everything that you need to know is in the thread. If you can't land a down smash after a down throw, then practice more.

Everyone else - Thank you

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
What concept is there to understand?

Dthrow them near the edge then walk forward and time a Dsmash to counter all of there options?

If they tech they can either tech in place or do a tech roll either left or right, the tech roll animation is way too fast for Dedede to react in time and punish.

If they tech in place and you react fast to it you might regrab, if they tech roll forward they'll get stuck in the edge making it posible to hit them with the Dsmash but some tech roll's are extremely fast and the enemy will be able to recover before you even hit them (see MK).

But if they tech roll backwards they'll most likely get out of Dsmash's range and hopefully out of the "Trap".

A good player will most likely mix up options just like tech chasing making it almost imposible for the D3 to land a "Buuman Trap".

They just gotta learn to Tech.

There are also some characters that can DI upwards and evade hitting the ground as you know (See Olly, Kerby, Jiggs, G&W, etc)

Tec0+9

Smash Apprentice
Can't you grab them again if they tech?
If they tech yes you can predict a roll and pivot grab or regular run shield grab either way this only proves the many options they have.

Tec - You're a moron. Read my thread...if they tech the trap it doesn't work you idiot. And maybe you're just bad at reaction but when someone techs my down throw I can still punish them with a trap. If you walk after the down throw (Or run and shield cancel your run) you can close the gap and pursue their tech with a down smash.

Again buuman you are such a simple minded player. Teching is just an OPTION. its not something that they will for sure do. If they tech on the spot and hold shield its guaranteed a perfect shield. If you charge it they will most likely roll to you or away... sometimes spot dodge, which is why u can catch them still. Regardless its not a guaranteed combo nor is it a guaranteed trap. It's only a pressure game.

Smexy - I've given up hope with you. I figured you understood the concept, but evidently no. Everything that you need to know is in the thread. If you can't land a down smash after a down throw, then practice more.
Smexy you do understand the concept and thank you for understanding how so called traps are avoidable. It's buuman who doesn't understand the game. It's clear that Dedede is carrying him this far. As for the rest of you meat riders. Practice against real players not computers, and make sure they are SMART PLAYERS. If they say omg thats so beast after seeing you land something like upthrow to upair clearly they are not smart.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
a thought Tec, if spaced right, couldn't they have no room to roll, you see them tech the doge, then down smash, and still hit them when the roll is done?

Tec0+9

Smash Apprentice
a thought Tec, if spaced right, couldn't they have no room to roll, you see them tech the doge, then down smash, and still hit them when the roll is done?
I see what you're trying to say. This is how it becomes avoided. It's impossible to space it so that the Dsmash will always hit. You can test this yourself by going into training mode and trying it and see if you get 3 hit combo (I think Dthrow counts as 2 hits). Now when they roll they either roll to you or roll away. If they roll to you dsmash will hit. If they roll away the front side will hit if spaced, reason being when they roll it takes a while for them to stop and get up. If they get up regularly it should hit not 100% sure yet. Now here's the third option that makes it avoidable. If they tech and hold shield they will have a guaranteed Perfect shield. That's when you start mix it up by run grab or Pivot grab if they tech roll behind you. Pivot grab will always grab them if they roll behind you. Once they get catch on they will stop teching and do regular rolls or just sit there and get up attack. That's when you try to Dthrow Dsmash again. It's all about mixing it up. In his vid the zelda didn't know how to tech his dthrow which is why its a really bad example of using this mindgame.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
But, if they roll away, it should hit, because that's how the buuman trap works. Its in the range if they roll away. You trap roll away. You are suppose to be charging anyway so it won't be a perfect shield, and down smash pushes them away, and takes a chunk off their shield.
I don't think you understand the concept at all.

RATED

Smash Lord
But, if they roll away, it should hit, because that's how the buuman trap works. Its in the range if they roll away. You trap roll away. You are suppose to be charging anyway so it won't be a perfect shield, and down smash pushes them away, and takes a chunk off their shield.
I don't think you understand the concept at all.
the tech to roll away perfect shielding thingy , works , the other day I was playing against a MK and Dthrow with intentions to do the trap he teched to roll away and he perfect shielded. so it happens.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
the tech to roll away perfect shielding thingy , works , the other day I was playing against a MK and Dthrow with intentions to do the trap he teched to roll away and he perfect shielded. so it happens.
Well then, I forget how many frames are on perfect shielding, but could he punish you?
If they can't punish, and that isn't their only way to escape, then I'd say this is more than reliable enough to use. If they get use to the Buuman trap, wait and Bair them, and this could also be the only fsmash mindgame.

Really, they are at a huge disadvantage.

Tec0+9

Smash Apprentice
Yes I'm a horrible player at this game. lol

All this money from tourneys shows me that :/
Money won proves nothing. So what you made a couple hundred dollars. People like Mew2King and Bum practically make a living off it. All it says you had lucky brackets here and there.

Crashic - Yes the whole point of Dthrow to Dsmash is to punish rolls, but what buuman is saying is that its unavoidable which apparently everyone is starting too see it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom