• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede Database (The *Buuman trap* included) UPDATED 7/17/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buuman

Smash Ace
good stuff. It's becoming an incredibly useful tactic against non chain grabable characters

Edit: Can someone test to see if D3s forward tilt out ranges olimars blue pivot grab?

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
No Ftilt doesn't out range's Olimar blue pivot grab

--

Yay sticky

<3 Xiivi

Buuman

Smash Ace
I'm sure that the f tilt out reaches all standing grabs from olimar and all pivot grabs aside from the blue one.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Buuman, I thought you'd enjoy this. It's from the G&W matchup thread who are rediscussing Dedede this week.

A new problem for me against D3, is D-Throw -> D-Smash

Basically, D3 D-Throws, walks over slowly, and D-Smashes you while you get up. It also makes it hard because after each D-Throw, G&W is on his stomach, making your recovery slow and it takes longer to Up-B out of it.

I really hate being Grabbed/Shield Grabbed/Pivot Grabbed by that fat penguin:mad:

Buuman

Smash Ace
Buuman, I thought you'd enjoy this. It's from the G&W matchup thread who are rediscussing Dedede this week.

LMAO

Too funny Gates xD
Yeah, I rarely land my trap on Omegablackmage, cause GW can up B out of it, that's the only advice I'd give that kid :)

<3 gates
~no homo

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Marth
F-Throw -> Dash Attack / Fair / Nair /Dair
-> 50%
When DeDeDe reaches 12% he can jump out of Marth's chaingrab and spotdodge too.

So this chaingrab only lasts till 12%

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Friend came over.

He plays Marth.

He can only CG me up to 12% and he doing it the right way. Yup

Buuman

Smash Ace
Okay, so, I found something groundbreaking against diddy kong. Run up and full hop dair bananas that are on the ground. It's broken because you cover your *** with your hammer, you pick up the banana, you move while your doing it, and it auto cancels

Buuman

Smash Ace
Vids or didn't happen
>,>
Run towards a banana, full hop dair, and you will pick up the nana. You must dair quickly to pick it up, almost immediately before u leave the ground. I'm not making a video for you people. I don't care if you use this technique or not. I'll share with you guys, but I'm not making a video for something this simple.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
It can work but seems kind of situational..

If Diddy is anywhere close (but not right next to the banana) you'll probably eat a Fair

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
90% of Diddy's just run and Dash Attack Bananas. If you beat them it's a free Dair.

Hell it's a really good idea even if you can't time the pick up right, because Diddy eats a Dair, and may drop the banana leaving him screwed. Picking things up with an arial is a really simple concept, why do people need vids for that?

Buuman

Smash Ace
I don't bother with people that can't understand simple concepts. I'm just saying, King Dedede's dash attack pick up isn't as viable as Diddys, but if you run at the banana, and input full Jump + Dair (almost simultaneously) right after running, you'll jump dair + pick up the banana. Whoever doesn't understand that should just leave this conversation.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I am going to apex, and it doesnt work IF the mk just waits. Im not saying u'll never get it, but ur gona have to mix up between a dash, dtilt, so they dont just sit there waiting for ur charge. if u mix it up, and predict they're quick tech, it will work, if they wait when u try it, they can just sit and time their invincibility so they get up while the swing passes through.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Thank you Ace. Yeah, the best way to put it, is I wait until I see a frame of movement from the opponent, and then charge (Leanback to avoid get up attacks) and release. We'll have to play at Apex, I'm so pumped for this weekend :D

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I've actually learned alot about D3 from you, I should start playing him, but he just never really fit my style. Makes me sad I have so much knoweldge I don't use. :(

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
i guess im just going based on what i saw, looking back on that vid u have vs zelda, the second trap, u definitly started charging before zelda teched, the charge scared zelda to tech away, had she waited, it would have been avoidable.

Buuman

Smash Ace
i guess im just going based on what i saw, looking back on that vid u have vs zelda, the second trap, u definitly started charging before zelda teched, the charge scared zelda to tech away, had she waited, it would have been avoidable.
Ah, I can see that. Idk why I started charging right off the bat. I guess I just naturally change it up. But usually whenever I do it, I wait for movement; the down side is - less charge (less damage and knockback)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom