• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[April 19th, 2015] Gamer's Gauntlet Smash Series #9 (PM and Smash 4 Wii U) (Clinton Township, MI)

Gamers_Gauntlet

Smash Apprentice
20564 Hall Rd. Clinton Township, Michigan
Welcome to the Gamer's Gauntlet biweekly tournament series for Project: M and Super Smash Brothers for Wii U! The schedule will be updated regularly so please check the thread for all upcoming tournament announcements!

20564 Hall Rd
Clinton Township, MI 48038
www.GamersGauntlet.net

Schedule:

April 2015: Sunday, April 19th

Due to the rapid increase in attendance from month to month we are increasing our hours.

Smash 4 will now have pools! We open at 10 am and you'll have two hours to enjoy friendlies until the tournaments begin at noon!

On April 19th:
10:00 AM - Venue Opens/Registration
12:00 PM - Registration for Smash 4 WiiU Doubles and P:M Singles Ends
12:30 PM - Smash 4 WiiU Doubles and P:M Singles Begins
02:00 PM - Smash 4 WiiU Singles Registration Ends
02:30 PM - Smash 4 WiiU Singles Begins

Prices and Payout:
Venue Fee: $5*
Singles: $5
Doubles: $10 per team

*Venue fee will be refunded to anyone bringing a full setup who stays for the entire event. A full setup is a TV and a Wii or Wii U with a copy of Project M 3.5 or Smash 4 with all characters and legal stages unlocked (Wii U systems must also have the GC Controller adapter). Fee will not be refunded if someone brings a setup for doubles and leaves before singles starts. This only applies if we officially use your setup for tournament use.

Payouts:

Singles
Less than 32 players:
1st: 60% of Tournament Fee
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

32 to 64 players:
1st: 48% of Tournament Fee
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

More than 64 players:
1: 40% of Tournament Fee
2: 20%
3: 15%
4: 10%
5: 5%
5. 5%
7: 2.5%
7. 2.5%

Doubles
1st: 60% of Tournament Fee
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

For the full rule set please go to GamersGauntlet.net

Please Join Our Facebook Event to Get Regular Updates for April 19th (GGSS#9)

Contacts:
Main Tournament Organizers:
Gifts/Kyle (Project: M) - (586) 713-8664
Vayseth/Alex (Smash 4) - (N/A)

Gamer's Gauntlet:
(586) 412-6677

Last edited:

ryu sciu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0619-5783-9398
When does the venue close/how late will the tournaments run???

ryu sciu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0619-5783-9398
Thanks. I work the night shift 10pm-6 so if these end at no later then 8 I should be able to attend regularly.

Railz

Yoshi Master
ughh i get off work every weekend at 1:30 and im 40min away so im always cutting it so close in pm doubles and now smash 4 singles? *facepalm through face*

Vayseth

Smash Master
Thank you to everyone who came out! The results thread and details for the next tournament should be available by tomorrow.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Sean we can carpool if you want.

Also I'm looking for a good Smash 4 teammate, Stewy is likely taken and Boxxy is gonna be in Kentucky for a wedding and can't make it.

zyth

Smash Lord
how subjective is good? i can team lol

and yea I'll need to carpool, my transmission finally gave out so I dont wanna drive too far

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
how subjective is good? i can team lol

and yea I'll need to carpool, my transmission finally gave out so I dont wanna drive too far
If you can get to my house then it will be no problem. I texted LOE1 to see if he is need of a ride as well.

Vayseth

Smash Master
The event is not streamed. It is recorded and uploaded to youtube at a later date. Recording from the first one is located in the 2nd post!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Can you upload the results from GGSS #1 and GGSS #2 to the Smashboards Ranking System? We need to get all the MI tourneys on there so we can climb the ranks.

Gamers_Gauntlet

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone. I have updated the OP for our next tournament. Remember it will be P:M singles + Doubles and Smash 4 Singles.

Also. We added the Rankings to each of the Smash 4 events. They can be located on the Results page for each event. Go ahead and claim your ID's. To find the past events just go to the second post in this thread.

We will be coming out with a new stagelist for Smash 4 for our next tournament. The stagelist will be located on the Gamer's Gauntlet website once we get it uploaded. Just keep a heads up for that.

Looking forward to the next tournament everyone!

KentaKurodani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KentaKurodani
3DS FC
5370-0467-0413
Did anyone find a pair of red and black sony headphones? I may have left them there

Gamers_Gauntlet

Smash Apprentice
NOTICE ABOUT JANUARY'S SMASH 4 RULE SET:
As Apex 2015 is the biggest Smash Tournament of the year and many of our regular attendees have aspirations of attending, Smash 4's ruleset at GG will be identical to APEX's in order for our attendees to properly prepare for that tournament.

Changes WILL be made after APEX for our February tournaments.

APEX 2015's Rule Set can be found HERE
Just in case anyone missed it I wanted to make sure this is clear for everyone. January's Smash 4 tournaments will be under APEX's rule set.

JTsm

Smash Master
Going to the 11th one. Anyone need a ride?

$5 per person (3 seats only)

D2b

Smash Rookie
Just to confirm

Final Destination Is a starter now? NOT Omega battlefield?

Last edited:

Gamers_Gauntlet

Smash Apprentice
I incorrectly filled in this week's schedule. Note that PM will be having Doubles followed by Singles while Smash 4 will only be having singles. The correct schedule is as follows:

12 P.M.: Gamer’s Gauntlet Opens/Setup/Registration for Project: M Singles and Doubles and Smash 4 Singles Begins
1.15 P.M.: Smash 4 Singles and Project: M Doubles Registration Closes
1.45 P.M.: Smash 4 Singles and Project: M Doubles Starts
3.30 P.M.: Project: M Singles Registration Closes
4 P.M.: Project: M Singles Begins

Hope to see you all there this Sunday!

Liam_Butler

Smash Apprentice
So, what caused the switch from Smash 4 doubles to PM doubles? I personally like PM more, so this is exciting for me, but I'm curious.

Top Bottom