• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest TGC 5! $1000 pot bonus! Zenyou, Ryo, Dabuz, Scizor and more! Bring setups PLEASE

TGC 5! $1000 pot bonus! Zenyou, Ryo, Dabuz, Scizor and more! Bring setups PLEASE
Posted by Xyro77
Houston, Tx
Saturday, December 5, 2015 - 10:00 AM
Until: Saturday, December 5, 2015 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
12171744_10153687160106303_187579047_o.jpg

Temp video of the Maple room: http://youtu.be/2qC6OxFfJcY

Ok everyone, the TGC 5 venue has been acquired! The Spring Branch meeting rooms at the Spring Shadows Plaza is where TGC 5 will be held on Dec 5th, 2015.

Smash 4 will be located in room 114 (The Maple Room). The Maple room is located to the right of "Tech Corps Texas" banner in the Spring Branch Plaza strip center.

Melee/PM/FGC/BYOC games are located in room 130 (The Cypress Room). This room is located straight under the "In Style Dental Group" banner.

As for food, you have several options:

1. Food trucks. 2-3 of them will be available for you to use.
2. Less than a mile away, there is Mc Donalds, WhatABurger, PizzaHut, Heartz Chicken, Subway, Long John Silver and more...
3. You can bring your food inside the venue.

NOTE: this info will be placed on the front page of the TGC 5 thread if you need to come back to it.

Last edited:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Wow, 15 minutes away, cool. Great for Cypress/Katy folks.

ABK, the 2nd link doesn't work.

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
Excited about the OOS players! Not sure why it says Ryo took me down at MLG when we didn't play

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Excited about the OOS players! Not sure why it says Ryo took me down at MLG when we didn't play
You will meet your fate soon enough...

The Wall

You PC Bro?!
NNID
Zefwano
3DS FC
4356-0548-2157
Xyro uses any chance he gets to take pot shots at people who are newer but infinitely better than him at this game. Welcome to the club Karen!

Xyro77

Xyro uses any chance he gets to take pot shots at people who are newer but infinitely better than him at this game. Welcome to the club Karen!
It's not hard to be better than a Samus. In fact, I'd worry if any of you lost to one.

The Wall

You PC Bro?!
NNID
Zefwano
3DS FC
4356-0548-2157
I didn't say better than Samus. I said better than you :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You make it look too easy sometimes, Xyro. The bait is real.

Last edited:

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
I may consider joining. I've never actually been to a tournament before.

Edit: If I do end up entering can someone give me some tips because I've never been to a Smash tourney before.

Last edited:

Xyro77

You make it look too easy sometimes, Xyro. The bait is real.
lol i know. he falls for it on FB too. new gen status.

Edit: If I do end up entering can someone give me some tips because I've never been to a Smash tourney before.
Tips as in what to expect at the event or tips as in improving your smash game.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

Just ask and usually people will give you tips on what to improve. Don't be afraid to approach high-level players either; most are nice.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just go there, be on time, bring money for entry+food+MMs (if you want), pay attention to your scheduled matches, read ruleset and most importantly HAVE FUN.

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
I don't know if this was a mistake, but in your post you said the tournament will happen at the Spring Branch meeting rooms at the Spring Branch Plaza. I did some researching and this is Spring Branch Plaza:

The actual place is located in Spring Shadows Plaza. Just thought I'd point it out.

Last edited:

The Wall

You PC Bro?!
NNID
Zefwano
3DS FC
4356-0548-2157
lol i know. he falls for it on FB too. new gen status.
Loooooooool. The guy who posts "Make me feel good about myself" posts on Facebook just so you can buy a ticket and some popcorn for someone to join your boring self to a movie.

Xyro77

Loooooooool. The guy who posts "Make me feel good about myself" posts on Facebook just so you can buy a ticket and some popcorn for someone to join your boring self to a movie.
If THAT^ is what you got out of my FB post then you might be missing a few cards in your deck, kid. Lol

Actually go read the "come
See ABCXYZ with Xyro "events and you will notice I do stuff like this. I make kids spill their guts out to me (fake or not ) to get a wimpy 20$ night. It's hilarious how creative they get.

I don't know if this was a mistake, but in your post you said the tournament will happen at the Spring Branch meeting rooms at the Spring Branch Plaza. I did some researching and this is Spring Branch Plaza:

The actual place is located in Spring Shadows Plaza. Just thought I'd point it out.
It's already been mentioned 2 times.

Last edited:

Xyro77

dabuztime.jpg

I think TGC 5 has just been bumped up from its usual "regional" status to a "mini national" status. Due to the selfless acts of a fellow Houston Smash 4 player, Isaac Buks (tag: Haldrop), I am proud to announce that the best Rosalina player in the world (Dabuz) will be attending TGC 5 on December 5th 2015!

Houston smash 4 players, DO NOT MISS THIS CHANCE to play Ryo, Zenyou and now DABUZ at TGC. This is so awesome!!!!!!!

Last edited:

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
Meh, I kinda don't wanna go now. We'll just wait and see

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼

WARNING: NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING????

OHHHHHHH ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think TGC 5 has just been bumped up from it's usual "regional status" to a "if I don't attend this tournament, what do I eat for breakfast .... ***** flakes?? XDDDD LOL!!!!" mode!! Because what I'm about to tell you is what i KNOW you've all been waiting for.... What I'm about to tell you is something i KNOW keeps you up every night. The knowledge that i'm about to DROP ON all you eager Smash 4 souls far surpasses any question of, "will Sheik ever get nerfed?" this... WILL change your life, this WILL get ANYONE to come. THIS WILL possibly be the GREATEST human achievement known to man. WITH GREAT HONOR AND UNRIVALED VANITY, I AM EXTREMELY HONORED TO ANNOUNCE that.... I ....

~LEGENDARY.............................

:107:
iiiiiiiiLLLLLLLLLLLMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTiiiiiiiiiiiiiCCCCCCCCCCCC :190:

WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE FOR TGC 5!!!!!!!!!!!

*peep this mash-up track i made in preparation for the hype, fam*

AWWWW NUTSSS!!! SWEET MOTHER OF PEARL!! HOLY HECK!! AND OH MY GODZILLA!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING????

Yes, yes... I know.. this is a LOT to take in. And some of you readers may even be asking yourself.. who exactly IS this enigmatic "Illmatic" character? Well, fear not, my friends. I know it has been quite some time since my glorious reign.. :058:

My long lost smash brothers are flying to Houston. I can't sit back hiding any longer. And because of that, instead of being boring and filling you all through a history class w/ this post.. I have quite a different, and dare I say "expected" route to take in declaring my return....

There is a light that never goes out... I haven't forgotten.. it's still within the darkest depths of my heart ;____;
The day your Up-Smash against me game three of Whobo 5 planted a vengeance of stitch-faced turnips in my soul. Turnips that now must be unearthed and rethrown.

So, at this dire and unforgettable moment. I publicly call out - -

R Y O ! ! ! ! ! :068: Lauded as the best Ike in the WORLD

VS.

I L L M A T I C ! ! ! ! ! :229: Lauded as a Self-Proclaimed #SwaggySavage

In a 4 OUT OF 7................

2 STOCK..................................

$50 MONEY MATCH @ TGC 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who will Illmatic use? What hyperbolic time-chamber training tricks has he been hiding? WHERE EVEN IS ILLMATIC RIGHT NOW?? Why does Illmatic want to give his money away? All these questions will be answered come Dec. 5th..

(also i wanna do commentary at the tournament w/ someone lol, leap of faith pwii LET'S GO)

Last edited:

Xyro77

ATTENTION: NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING????

OHHHHHHH ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think TGC 5 has just been bumped up from it's usual "regional status" to a "if I don't attend this tournament, what do I eat for breakfast .... ***** flakes?? XDDDD LOL!!!!" mode!! Because what I'm about to tell you is what i KNOW you've all been waiting for.... What I'm about to tell you is something i KNOW keeps you up every night. The knowledge that i'm about to DROP ON all you eager Smash 4 souls far surpasses any question of, "will Sheik ever get nerfed?" this... WILL change your life, this WILL get ANYONE to come. THIS WILL possibly be the GREATEST human achievement known to man. WITH GREAT HONOR AND UNRIVALED VANITY, I AM EXTREMELY HONORED TO ANNOUNCE that.... I ....

~LEGENDARY.............................

*peep this mash-up track i made in preparation for hype, fam*

:107:
iiiiiiiiLLLLLLLLLLLMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTiiiiiiiiiiiiiCCCCCCCCCCCC :190:

WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE FOR TGC 5!!!!!!!!!!!

AWWWW NUTSSS!!! SWEET MOTHER OF PEARL!! HOLY HECK!! AND OH MY GODZILLA!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING????

Yes, yes... I know.. this is a LOT to take in. And some of you readers may even be asking yourself.. who exactly IS this enigmatic "Illmatic" character? Well, fear not, my friends. I know it has been quite some time since my glorious reign.. :058:

My long lost smash brothers are flying to Houston. I can't sit back hiding any longer. And because of that, instead of being boring and filling you all through a history class w/ this post.. I have quite a different, and dare I say "expected" route to take in declaring my return....

There is a light that never goes out... I haven't forgotten.. it's still within the darkest depths of my heart ;____;
The day your Up-Smash against me game three of Whobo 5 planted a vengeance of stitch-faced turnips that now must be replucked.

So, now, at this dire and unforgettable moment. I publicly call out - -

R Y O ! ! ! ! ! :068: Lauded as the best Ike in the WORLD

VS.

I L L M A T I C ! ! ! ! ! :229: Lauded as a Self-Proclaimed #SwaggySavage

In a 4 OUT OF 7................

2 STOCK..................................

$50 MONEY MATCH @ TGC 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who will Illmatic use? What hyperbolic time-chamber training tricks has he been hiding? WHERE EVEN IS ILLMATIC RIGHT NOW?? Why does Illmatic want to give his money away? All these questions will be answered come Dec. 5th..

(also i wanna do commentary at the tournament w/ someone lol, leap of faith pwii LET'S GO)

Xyro77

Please bring full setups to TGC. This event will have over 150+ people

If you bring a full smash 4 setup you will not have to pay venue fee. This applies to all set-ups i use.

The Wall

You PC Bro?!
NNID
Zefwano
3DS FC
4356-0548-2157
Hey Illmatic, does that mean you're going to money match me for a third time? I liked taking your money those first 2 times. ;)

Xyro77

Massive update on TGC 5! Please read!

Texas's largest Smash 4 tournament series, TGC, is having its 5th event (Dec 5th) and it is just 24 days away!

With a $1000 pot bonus split between 1vs1 and 2vs2 and the highest number of out-of-state players a TGC event has ever seen, TGC 5 is looking like it may hit 200+ entrants! Wow!!!

In terms of high level Tx skill, we have the normal: MegaFox, Trela, Wall, GrimTurtle, Karna, Denti, Gnes and more...

But as for out-of-state confirmed players? Behold!

1. Ryo (best Ike in USA
2. Zenyou (best/2nd best Mario in USA)
3. Dabuz (best Rosalina in USA)
4. Scizor (best link in USA)
5. SM (extremely good Cali Ike)
6. SECRET!
7. SECRET!

Having these powerhouse players come to TGC is a massive opportunity for all of us. This is our chance to get premium practice from the best of the best as well as show them what Texas is made of. Whether you are good or bad, top level or low level, PLEASE play these players and make them feel welcome is the best Smash 4 city in Texas! Just think, a mini national in your own state.

Also, due to this event exploding in a way i never saw coming. I am in great need of 2 things:

1. Full setups (WiiU/Tv/Smash 4). Any person who bring a full set-up to TGC 5 will not have to pay a venue fee. If you bring a partial set-up (WiiU+smash 4 but no TV or TV but no WiiU+smash 4) you will get half off venue fee. Guys/Girls, I seriously need your help with setups. No joke.

2. Volunteers. Once an event hits 150 or more players, time management and overall event control gets more difficult. If you wish to help report matches, stop friendlies, help setup/break down the venue or just be more involved with TO duties at TGC, please contact me ASAP.

Another topic is that of recording. TGC 5 will be recorded by yours truly.

If you have any questions or concerns or just wanna chat, message me.

Twitter: Xyro77 Xyro77
Facebook: Allan Xyro Sims
Smashboards: Xyro77 Xyro77

Wanna talk to others about TGC 5? Wanna learn more info about rules, stages and other stuff? Go here: smashboards.com/threads/dec-5-2015-tgc-5-1000-pot-bonus-zenyou-ryo-dabuz-scizor-and-more-houston-tx.419208/

Last edited:

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
We let a ten year old run around unsupervised and Xyro only touched him once

The Wall

You PC Bro?!
NNID
Zefwano
3DS FC
4356-0548-2157
To answer your question:

Yes. Anyone of any age is allowed to attend this event. Being 11 we would hope your parents would at least be nearby just in case anything silly were to happen. That or a legal guardian or someone that can just make sure you're ok.

Xyro is the local tournament hoster and the person who is your Tournament Organizer for this tournament. He's a good guy, you should talk to him if you do end up going to this tournament.

The "10 year old" they let run around is Onion. He plays Roy. You should money match him. :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Onion sucks. He owes me at least $10 by now.

Last edited:

Lordbaconzx

Smash Rookie
NNID
lordbaconzx
I really, really want to go, but I'm sure my parents would say no ;-;

(I play a pretty good ness if I dare say.. and my secondary is little mac! *gasp*)

Last edited:

Xyro77

I really, really want to go, but I'm sure my parents would say no ;-;

(I play a pretty good ness if I dare say.. and my secondary is little mac! *gasp*)
Hey, dude. Xyro here. I am the guy who runs Smash 4 at TGC.

If you need me to talk to your parents and kinda help ease their worries I will. I've talked to many parents over the years about this.

Also, in general, you will be able to do a lot more in life as a kid if you give your parents a "game plan." For example, TGC. Do some research about this event and present it to your parents so that they become educated about what TGC is and they can see that you are prepared as well.

Maybe make a list of the following:

Venue name
Venue address
Venue phone number
The host's name (Allan Sims)
The host's phone number (4096920697)
Directions to the event (yes print them out)
Day and time you need to be there

Oh also, take a friend AND invite your parents. Tell them they are welcome to come (I won't charge them fees) and see/talk to me. They can stay as long as they want.

If you do all of this^ you will prob be able to go.

Top Bottom