• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South Sm4sh Haven!!

Sm4sh Haven!!
Posted by doublec72
Sage Mantis Game Haven
Friday, October 7, 2016 - 06:00 PM
Until: Friday, October 7, 2016 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

doublec72

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
CC#985
NNID
DoubleC72
Switch FC
SW-0865-3676-5395
Did you have a rough week? Unwind and get SMASHED every Friday night here and win cash!

Come on down to Sage Mantis Game Haven and enjoy a tournament featuring Super Smash Bros. for Wii U!
Venue/entry fees are $5/$5 per person, so don't forget that if you don't want to enter the tournament, you can still pay $5 to play friendlies all night! May include doubles if there is enough demand and if time allows. Show up at 6ish, 7pm start time. At 6:45 I will determine whether or not we have enough entrants for doubles. If so, doubles will start at 7. If not, singles will start sometime between 7 and 7:30. After the tournament, a lock in will be held to the following morning and will cost $10

Rules:
*Bring your own controller, the Wii U Gamepad is not a legal controller
*No Stalling
*No coaching mid-game
*If you pause mid-match (On purpose or otherwise) you forfeit a stock, subject to TO or opponents discretion
*2 stock, 6 minutes (3 stock 8 min, team attack on for doubles)
*Bracket is double elimination
*If a match goes to time, the in game Sudden Death mode is ignored and the match will go to whomever has the highest stock count. If both players have the same stock count, the player with the lowest percentage wins
*You may not counterpick a stage that you have won on in the same set, however this is overridden by Gentleman's clause (See below)
*Gentleman's clause is in effect: Any stage, (including ones not listed below) may be played on, as long as both players agree to it. Custom stages are an exception to this rule and may not be played on in bracket under any circumstances
*All sets are best of 3
*Payout will be 60%/30%/10% for 1st-3rd place respectively, is subject to change due to number of entrants
*If you are not present for your match, you will be disqualified
Starter Stages:
Smashville
Battlefield/Miiverse
Final Destination/Omega Stage
Town & City
Lylat Cruise
Counterpick Stages (1 stage ban):
Dreamland 64
Duck Hunt

DRPIGY

Smash Rookie
Hello
Me and my friend are interested in attending the tournement. We have never been in a tournement before and would like to know about any additional rules.

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
Long as nothing gets in the way I will be there.

DRPIGY

Smash Rookie
I will be bringing two or three of my friends to this tournement. Although I am the only one seen as going, I wanted to say as they don't have smashboard accounts.

AcousticAdrian

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! I'm thinking of taking some friends along and driving over from Charlottesville to compete. How many people usually sign up for these tournies?

+CYAN+

Smash Rookie
This may be my first tourney for my career and I'd like to know if Gamecube Controllers are sold here. And if so, how much are they?

L.J

Smash Rookie
NNID
laronwi
3DS FC
1005-8663-7553
Thinking about going, are other controllers allowed such as Wii u pro controller, 3ds/2ds controllers, and any other wireless controllers?

SLaTAF

Smash Rookie
I fully intend to be there on the 23 of September and the Seventh of October. I do have a question though; I have already RSVP'd, do I need to do anything beyond that to confirm my registration for the tournament?

Also, another question; what is the total cost to attend both singles and doubles? And if I do doubles, how do I sign up for that with my friend?

power_up101

Smash Rookie
NNID
PS3_Minecrafter
3DS FC
5300-8378-6201
This looks cool! I think I might go! Do I bring my money and pay there? Or pay online somehow? Also do I just bring my controller or my console too? I don't have all of the DLC. One last thing, is it ok if I arrive at like 6:30-45 instead? I live in arlington va which is an hour drive away. Therefore, I would be leaving at about 5:30 the peak of rush hour. Thanks for reading my essay of a comment ~power_up101

Ghost256

Smash Rookie
lol it is not a super formal thing just bring your controller and 10 dollars. If you want to bring your own setup you should have the dlc and dream land though. If you get there at 6:30 that should be fine

Top Bottom