• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Dec 21, 2014] UFB Presents: ROLL 'EM UP. Venue Change (Philadelphia, PA)

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion

IMPORTANT VENUE INFORMATION

First and foremost UFB would like to extend our thanks for all your help and support. With so many different people chatting, discussing, and possibly attending Roll Em Up, we realized the place we originally chose booked might not have been in the best interest for our community. With that being said we have secured a new, spacious, and gorgeous venue to ensure the best possible tournament experience UFB can manage. Our new venue is located in the Social Room at Landreth Venture 2287 Manton Street Philadelphia, PA 19146

Hey, everyone!

It's about time we start unifying and bringing the Philadelphia Smash community back to its former glory. For too long we have been lumped together with NJ or let out-of-state TOs come in and host our events. We have to step up and control our own scene.

With that said, the Philly-based Smash crew UFB is hosting our very first tournament in a brand new monthly series! We've secured an awesome venue in the South Philadelphia section of the city, about a 5 minute ride from the famous Pat's & Geno's steak restaurants.

For those who haven't heard of us, UFB is a crew that's been around for quite a while. Being something of a stepchild of the Melee-based crew TOS (Titans of Smash), UFB quickly established its own name in the Atlantic North Smash community with highly skilled and well-known members such as Xzax, Kingtoon, Squall, Dotcom, Akinola, and more.

Stream

Now to be streamed by :
twitch.tv/clashtournaments

Social Room at Landreth Venture
2287 Manton Street Philadelphia, PA 19146

(Enter through door below)

Entry

Venue Fee: $10
Melee Singles: $10
Melee Doubles: $10 ($5/person)
PM Singles: $10
PM Doubles: $10 ($5/person) If time permits and enough desire
Sm4sh Wii U Singles: $10
Sm4sh Wii U Doubles: $10 ($5/person)

THE FOLLOWING DISCOUNTS WILL BE GIVEN FOR SETUPS:
$2 venue discount for a TV
$3 venue discount for a system + game
$5 venue discount for a full setup
Note: Only setups that will be used for the whole tournament will be given a discount for. Meaning you can't leave in the middle of the tournament and still expect a discount fee. Also discount will be given at the end of the tournament.
*limited to one discount per player

Prize Payout

1st place: 46%
2nd place: 22%
3rd place: 13%
4th place: 9%
5th place: 5%

Event Schedule

11:00am - venue opens
12:35am - doubles registration closes
2 hours after doubles registration closes - singles registration closes

Order of Events
Melee/PM/Wii U Doubles
Melee Singles
PM Singles
Sm4sh Wii U Singles

11:00pm - venue closes

General Rules

Items are set to off
Stock and time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively
Wobbling is legal. Wobbling past 250% will be considered stalling and is not allowed.
Double Blind: If elected
Contest Port Priority: If elected
Neutral Start: If elected
DSR: You cannot counter pick to any stage you have won on ever.
Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR. Players may NOT agree to change the number of matches to be played.
Forced Character Selection: Off
Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count. A player/team may not counterpick to the stage they last won on. This includes the first match won via stage striking.
Pausing the game shall only be legal while either player remains upon their OWN respawn platform, and only for the purpose of summoning a tournament official or in the case of a controller malfunction. All other pauses will incur a stock loss to the player who pauses the game.
Any coaching that happens during the match (but not in between matches) is restricted. Players who violate this rule will receive a warning (BOTH the player AND the person coaching the player) on the first attempt. Players who violate this rule after a warning will be disqualified from the event and a possible ejection from the venue.
Players are to attend their matches at the designated times they are called. If you are late to a match, the following rules will be applied based on the amount of time:
If you are 5 minutes late: Results in a match loss
If you are 10 minutes late: Results in a set loss
These times will be strictly enforced to make sure that each player will enjoy the full event on a timely manner.
Giga Bowser is banned. [Project M]
Buffer set to off. [Project M]
Custom music is allowed as long as it’s not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not. [Project M]

Additional Rules for Teams Play
Team Attack: ON
Life Stealing is allowed
If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.

WiiU Rule Set

SINGLES will be 2 stocks
DOUBLES will be 3 stocks.

Starter Stages:
Final Destination(Or any Omega Stage)
Battlefield
Town & City
Smashville
Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
Duck Hunt
Halberd
Castle Seige
Donkey Kong 64
Skyloft
Delfino Plaza
Omega Stages (Treated as FD in banning phase. If FD is banned, Omegas are banned)

Melee Singles Stage List

Starters/Neutrals:
Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpick:
Pokemon Stadium

Doubles Stage List
Starters/Neutrals:
Yoshi’s Story
Pokemon Stadium
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpick:
DK 64

Project M 3.5 Stagelist:

For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-2-1 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 3 stages (Players may counterpick a stage that they previously banned in the set, but may not counterpick a stage on which they won). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi’s Story (Melee) (singles only)
SSE: Jungle (doubles only)

Counterpicks:
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Skyloft
Skyworld

Tie Breaking:

Note: Tiebreaking is only initiated if the game started a sudden death round upon completion. Otherwise, the game declared winner is the winner of the match.

1. Winner is determined by highest stock count then lowest percent.
2. Verify neither player violated the LGL rule (if the match went to time)
3. 1 stock, 3 minute match is played as a tiebreaker match. The winner of this match wins the game. If there is a tie in this match, proceed to step 4. The LGL is modified for this match to 20.
4. A second 1 stock, no time limit match is played. If a simultaneous death is initiated (such as swallocide) in this match, the initiator loses the match. There is no tie for this match, it is play until you win.

Additional Links

Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/706334979454525/ - please join the FB event so we can get a better headcount!
UFB Crew Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/u-f-b-crew-thread-sktar-this-weekend-we-back.244221/

*If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to post in this thread or contact KT Kasrani.

Last edited:

Towel

Smash Rookie
Out of curiosity, why is it $10 entry fee instead of $5?

Also, if Smash WiiU completely replaces Smash 3DS, then I would go PM.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
A $10 venue fee is needed to pay the rental fee for the venue. Also, $10 is the usual norm for a tournaments venue fee.

And thanks for the input

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
yeah^, and I would love to see PM here. We don't need both wii u and 3ds.

HiFlo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hi.Flo
3DS FC
1865-1068-2662
I'm in! If I have a friend come last minute for doubles or something is it ok if he shows up at the door or do you need to know beforehand?

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
also a note to everyone coming. we can only run pm if there is a high enough interest. hence setups and running to many games at once.

Yv Flint

Smash Rookie
I would definetly like to see project m there, the video game club at my school is pumped for this tournament and weŕe training for it, I would love to see philly finally have a good smash community! Cant wait.

Yv Flint

Smash Rookie
and side note, Will there be a time for just friendlies? like matches outside of the tournament? It would be cool to pay the venue fee and just hangout like they do at apex.

TKOWL

Smash Apprentice
Would be very much interested in PM being here. The Smash club at my campus mostly plays with PM, so we'd like to finally have an outlet for our time training.

Her0_0f_time

Smash Rookie
This sounds awesome. I havent been to many tourneys. But this sounds awesome to start learning competitive smashing. I hope I get good enough for this.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
This sounds like fun! Would definitely want PM instead of 3ds.
After talking it over, we've decided to make this the official lineup: Melee, PM, Wii U.

I'll update the OP to reflect this, either tonight or tomorrow.

Again, thanks for all the input! Feel free to keep posting ideas.

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
Please tell me this will have 4v4.

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
Is there a age limit
Well you are older than me, and I've been to some tournaments in Philadelphia so if this one is different than I'd be surprised.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
No age limit unless you're like..... 11. Then I might advise bringing a parent lol, but I mean if you're like 13-14 or older I'm sure you'll be fine on your own.

It's really at your family's discretion, but keep in mind we can't be held responsible if something happens to you to, from, or at the tournament.

EDIT: As for 4v4, it won't be an official event, but if there's time, we can do it for funsies.

Last edited:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Sorry for double post, but added order of events. There will be Melee, PM, and Sm4sh Wii U (dubs & singles for all assuming enough entrants for each).

Last edited:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
It'd be $35 total.

$10 venue + $10 melee + $10 pm singles + $5 for your half of dubs.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If you bring just the system + the game, it'll be $32. If you have a TV too, it goes down to $30.

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
Will we be able to configure our own controls for PM?
It may not be my place to answer this since this isn't my tournament, but have you never been to one before? You always get to set your own controls.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
If you're referring to the Wii, that is false. My Wii is black and accepts GCN controllers.

DARKcpu0

Smash Apprentice
Does the kind of Wii matter? Because I know that the black Wii models don't accept GameCube controllers.
While false,

No one wants to use say, a classic controller with the wii.

Or have that button lag from using a gcn to wiimote port thing.

Mayflash adapter?

So the type of wii more or less probably matters.

Top Bottom