• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 27, 2015] Nebulous PM Weekly [Project:M] [Smash 4 WiiU] (New York, NY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Skyloft - There are a lot of walkoffs on this stage and the transformations are completely randomized IIRC.
have exciting new on Skyloft, the stage stops are NOT entirely random! The tranformations haven't really caused issues even with the few walkoffs thus far in our events. Out of all the stages this one I seriously urge you to consider along with our next little friend:

Duck Hunt - This is still in consideration as a CP, but it was just controversial because of the issue with Ganondorf and Little Mac not being able to double jump up to the high platform (tree second platform). Some argue that's fine for a CP, some would call it straight up stalling.
Good new here as well. What if I told you not only Ganondorf but Little Mac can hit the top platform with only a single jump? You can actually control where the dog pops up on the stage. If a player kills the last duck on the left side of the stage, the dog will always come up on that side. If you stand on top of it it will lift you up while still giving you both of your jumps AND up special. If Little Mac catches you on the tree that high with an up b you are likely dead and Ganon's up air is equally as scary. So the possible stalling is workable, plus Ganon and Mac could always ban the stage as a CP.

Wuhu Island - The Wuhu Island Ness glitch. But considering the research thats been put into it and the seemingly decreasing chances of it happening, this could be considered for CP again soon for Nebulous.
That's exciting to hear! The stage definately deserves a shot.

Pokemon Stadium 2 - The obstacles of the stage were deemed too disruptive to competitive play, and would either draw matches out or influence the outcome of matches in a way that would skew the ability of players to win solely based off of skill.
We haven't personally run into issues with PS2 yet, but I can respect your decision there as I know this one is a bit more controversial for sure and individual scenes may or may not think the transformations are okay.

Last edited:

Dinotard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Onehardtard
3DS FC
2766-8060-2134
I would like to attend the Event, but I don't think I'll make it in time because of work, do you guys do casuals here for Sm4sh during the rest of the week as well? Looking for people to play with locally.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
During the week they hold TCG events so unfortunately the venue isn't available for Smash. We only have the venue available Saturday (for Melee) and Sunday (for Smash 4 / PM).

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Customs will be legal the following event, on the 21st (when Smash 4 gets stream priority + third event) since we still need some time to prepare the custom presets and plan out the day.

Last edited:

KingsGambit27

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

MegaMango

Smash Cadet
So, I read that the tourney for PM singles will start at 3pm now. Is that correct? If that's the case, what time will singles end? I ask this because I'm visiting NY from GA, and I need to head back after the tourney (14 hour drive -_-)

KingsGambit27

Smash Cadet
@ MegaMango MegaMango Sorry for the late response. Yes it started at 3pm this past tourney. On average we end around 9pm.

@ Lochy Lochy Yes we use the SmashBoards ranking system for players to claim their results. Those are usually up the day after the tournament.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
@ MegaMango MegaMango Sorry for the late response. Yes it started at 3pm this past tourney. On average we end around 9pm.

@ Lochy Lochy Yes we use the SmashBoards ranking system for players to claim their results. Those are usually up the day after the tournament.
Also if you could link the results to me or tell me where I can find them that would be nice too

KingsGambit27

Smash Cadet
Also if you could link the results to me or tell me where I can find them that would be nice too
They are always posted in the facebook group. Just go to the group and its usually pinned (I haven't done yesterday's yet). If you want to see them for past events, go to the events tab and they are pinned in each individual event page.

yamham63

Smash Rookie
NNID
YamHam
So is this January 4th one still happening? I heard something about venues changing and Nebulous being on hold. Is that just for M'lee?

AlmightySo

Smash Apprentice
No tournaments till the end of January or beginning of February. Nebulous is currently in the process of moving to a larger venue about 3 blocks away.

yamham63

Smash Rookie
NNID
YamHam
Damn, that's what I thought. Someone might wanna edit the topic title then

Da Boy

Smash Rookie
NNID
THE_B0Y
Man this is scary, there are so many rules (not that I have a problem with that), but I'm afraid I might break one on accident.
Stalling? To what extent? Sorry, I'm just a little lost.

Last edited:

KingsGambit27

Smash Cadet
Our next event should be on February 8th. I am changing the title now.

For rules - don't worry, usually your opponent will let you know if you can or can't do something :) Trial and error is how you get better.

For other events, please refer to our facebook page in the link above. I have posted several events happening during January, including the Flex Zone and Apex.

KingsGambit27

Smash Cadet
Just FYI for the people who are following the thread, we are running a Beta Test version of the tournament this weekend on Sunday. See the Facebook group/event for more details.

JustPuma

Smash Rookie
NNID
masterhelios
Can anybody just give me a quick recap as to what's going on with Smash 4? I'm just having a little trouble comprehending where it's being held now and stuff.

Last edited:

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Can anybody just give me a quick recap as to what's going on with Smash 4? I'm just having a little trouble comprehending where it's being held now and stuff.
I'm not sure where it's being held but if you look up nebulous gaming you should be able to find their phone number. Call them and they will tell you.

Last edited:

JustPuma

Smash Rookie
NNID
masterhelios
I'm not sure where it's being held but if you look up nebulous gaming you should be able to find their phone number. Call them and they will tell you.
I still can't find out if there are tournaments being held in January and where they're being held, if you could help me find those things out I'd be really appreciative, it's not that I'm lazy I'm just genuinely clueless.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
I still can't find out if there are tournaments being held in January and where they're being held, if you could help me find those things out I'd be really appreciative, it's not that I'm lazy I'm just genuinely clueless.
Oh there are no tournaments being held in January. The next one will be February 8th. It's because they are moving to a bigger venue space 3 blocks away.

Last edited:

JustPuma

Smash Rookie
NNID
masterhelios
Oh there are no tournaments being held in January. The next one will be February 8th. It's because they are moving to a bigger venue space 3 blocks away.
This is somewhat upsetting, but I can live. By chance, do you know of any other tournaments being held during the month? I still would love to play some Smash 4.

Last edited:

KingsGambit27

Smash Cadet
This is somewhat upsetting, but I can live. By chance, do you know of any other tournaments being held during the month? I still would love to play some Smash 4.
Hey Puma, if you go to the Facebook group link in the description, we post more frequent updates about the tournament and our progress, as well as other places you can go while we are upgrading. Bear with us as we make this upgrade to a MUCH bigger venue. Please understand.

JustPuma

Smash Rookie
NNID
masterhelios
Hey Puma, if you go to the Facebook group link in the description, we post more frequent updates about the tournament and our progress, as well as other places you can go while we are upgrading. Bear with us as we make this upgrade to a MUCH bigger venue. Please understand.
I'm not mad or anything, and I of course understand, I'm glad you guys took the initiative to increase. I just need something to pass the time until I get to play some Smash 4 at Nebulous again.

KingsGambit27

Smash Cadet
Nope, no age limit. However if you are under the age of 13, we would suggest coming with a parent or guardian. (who is 18 or older)

Last edited:

infomon

Smash Scientist
Hey can someone upload the challonge bracket from last week's Nebulous for rankings? I don't have the link. thx!

Last edited:

TSMA_Whitebeard

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2895-9416-6661
I am trying my best to attend, as I currently live in Newark. Going to NY is no issue, as I grew up in Harlem, but the time the event ends might be an issue for me as I'm still in school (only 17). If I work something out with momdukes, I could easily be a definite attendee.

Last edited:

infomon

Smash Scientist
Well you don't have to be there until the very end unless it starts/runs late, or you make it to grand finals. So chances are you could get out earlier, but I've only attended one so I can't speak to what time most people are free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom