• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Dec 20, 2014] Comfy and Easy to Wear! Episode 4: Jelly-filled are my... (Louisville, KY)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Ending 2014 With our first Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Event!
Bluegrass Magic
5629 Outer Loop, Louisvillle, KY 40219
Bluegrass Magic is a card shop on Outer Loop, here in Louisville. It's primarily used for trading card games, like Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh! The only downside to the venue, is that we'll have a shortage of space. There are only power outlets located in one area of the building, but we've had 6+ setups going at once in the past. We're not worried about blowing a fuse or being limited on the amount of setups we're able to safely use.

We will not have access to the Wii U version of the game until two weeks before this tournament, so all of this is subject to change! This thread, however, will not be modified after 11:59 on December 12th, one week before this event. So any rules set in place at that time will be final!

Event Information
Venue Fee - $5
Smash Wii U Singles- $10
Smash Wii U Doubles - $10 per player
Mystery Event - $0.25

Potential Side Event! We are taking suggestions! Feel free to suggest any console game you think would be a good addition! We're also on the fence about whether or not we should run a singles bracket for another Smash game. If we did, it would probably be Project M, and would run during Wii U Doubles Bracket.

Schedule
We'll be running Wii U Doubles right off the bat at 1:00, with Singles starting as soon as it winds down.

The very earliest we will start Singles will be at 4:00 pm. So if you are only coming for Singles, make sure you are at least here by then! We may run pools for singles bracket, depending on the amount of entrants and how well every shows up on time, as well as how long Doubles Bracket seems to be taking.

Payouts
Prizes will be determined by the number of entrants. We'll be using the following system:

[Collapse=Payouts]Singles:
24+: Top Six
16-23: Top Four
12-15: Top Three
Under 12: Top Two

Doubles:
12 Teams: Top Three Teams
8-11 Teams: Top two Teams

Top Six Payout:
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%

Top Four Payout:
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%

Top Three Payout:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3: 10%

Top Two Payout:
1st: 65%
2nd: 35%

Mystery Event: Winner Takes All[/Collapse]

Rule Sets

[Collapse=Smash Wii U Rules]
3 Stocks
8 Minutes

Handicap: Off
Damage Ratio: 1.0x
Team Attack: On

Sets are best of 3
Grand Finals, Winners Finals, and Losers Finals are best of 5
Custom Specials are allowed
Custom Equipments are not allowed
Mii Fighters are allowed

Setup Information
Anyone who brings in a full setup will have their venue fee waived! A full setup consists of a TV (HD or CRT), a Wii U with Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and the corresponding cables for the Wii U and TV provided.

If you only bring a TV or Wii U, you will be placed on Standby.
If bring a full setup, but we don't currently have space or think we will be able to use your setup, you will be placed on Standby.
Participants placed on Standby will still pay venue fee, however they may have half or all of it returned, depending on the situation.
Participants placed on Standby will be recorded on a list, ordered according to when they brought their TV and/or Wii U.
For Participants that only brought half of a Setup, whenever another player arrives that brought the other half, the two will form a setup and will both receive half of their venue returned to them.
For Participants that brought a full setup that we decide we will be able to use, you will have your venue fee returned to you.
A Wii U is only valid if you have all of the available characters unlocked, as well as having all available stages.

Even though some TVs will be on an HDTV and some on CRT, you are not allowed to request which setup you play on.
Even though you may have your Custom Specials or Mii Fighters on a particular Wii U, you cannot request a specific setup to play on.
Do not play friendlies on setups designated for tournament matches. A warning will be given, however future offenders face disqualification. Setups will be designated for friendlies and announced to all players when the active tournament winds down.
Do not play a tournament match on a setup designated for friendlies.

Custom Specials and Mii Fighters
You are allowed to use a Custom Character or Mii Fighter that you have already created prior to the announcing of the match. You are not allowed to set up a new set of Custom Specials for a character after the match has already been called, or create a new Mii Fighter. This is to prevent the prolonging of the match. It is strongly encouraged to possess a 3DS with your Custom Setup or Mii Fighter that you wish to use prior to the starting of the match. You are allowed to use another player's 3DS if they possess the Special Setup you wish to use, or if you created a Mii Fighter on their 3DS. However, the same rules apply with regards to creating the Setup or Mii Fighter before the match has been announced.

Before the start of any particular game, you are allowed to ask your opponent if they are using custom specials.
If you are asked if your character has custom specials, you are required to tell the opponent the names of these specials. The same applies to Mii Fighter.

Matches are to be played immediately after they have been announced. If you cannot find your opponent, inform staff so that we can help find the player.
After 5 minutes we will issue a warning if the game has not yet been played.
After 10 minutes we will issue a game loss to the player that is preventing the game from being played out.
After 15 minutes we will issue a set loss to the player that is preventing the game from being played out.

"Preventing the game from being played" out could range anything from putting it off to leaving the venue.
A game loss will be given regardless of whether or not the player was in the venue to hear the warning.
If both players are absent for the 10 minutes of the disqualification process, both players will receive a game loss, and the last game of the match will be played on a neutral, decided by stage strike.
If both players are absent for the 15 minutes of the disqualification process, the set win will be given to the first player to report to staff.

If your opponent is taking too long to start a particular match, inform a member of staff and a timer will be set in place. After five minutes from this point, a game loss will be issued towards the player that is preventing the match from being played. This is to prevent players from taking too long searching for a 3DS and prolonging the match.

If you are found playing friendlies (whether it be on console or 3DS) while you have a tournament match to play, you face disqualification.
5 Minutes after the match has been called, if a player is found playing friendlies, we will issue a game loss to that player.
10 Minutes after the match has been called, if a player is found playing friendlies, we will issue a set loss to that player.

If both players would be considered disqualified by this means, the first player to report to staff will be given the set win.
Even if you cannot find your opponent, do not decide to start playing friendlies.
If two players are to be disqualified for different reasons, it is up to the Tournament Organizer's discretion to decide whom to give the set win to. In most instances, being absent from the venue will be a heavier offense than others.

The stage list will be finalized on December 12th at 11:59

Ruling on Omega Stages:
Any Omega Stage is to be treated as Final Destination.
If a player counterpicks an Omega Stage, they are allowed to pick which variation the game will be played on.
If a player bans Final Destination, all Omega Stages are banned as well.

Dave's Stupid Rule:
If a player wins on a stage during the set, they are not allowed to counterpick that stage for the remainder of the set.
A player that loses on a stage is still allowed to pick that stage during the set, as long as they have not also won on that stage during the set.
If a player wins a game on Final Destination or an Omega Stage, they cannot counterpick Final Destination or an Omega Stage for the remainder of the set.

Coaching and giving advice is allowed between games, but not during.

Game Procedure:

Game 1:
Players choose their characters. Double Blind may be requested by either player. Custom moves are selected at this point as well.
Players decide who will strike first. This can either be agreed upon or be decided through Rock Paper Scissors, Coin Flip, etc.
Players strike stages in a 1-2-1 fashion, with player A striking one stage, player B striking two stages, and then player A striking one last stage.

Following Games:
The winner of the previous game bans one stage from the starter or counterpick list.
The loser of the previous game selects one stage from the starter or counterpick list to for the next game to be played on.
The winner of the previous game selects the character he or she will play during the next game, as well as any custom moves.
the loser of the previous game selects the character he or she will play during the next game, as well as any custom moves.

Contact Information
DtJ Hilt: (502) 709-0811

Please contact me if you need any information regarding the venue or tournament in general. I implore at least one person from each car group to have my number in their phone in case you're running a bit late. I can add you into the bracket as long as you aren't going to be more than thirty minutes late. But if you don't call and we've already started, we are not going to throw the bracket off balance just for your sake. Put my number in your phone.

However, my phone is currently out of commission
I plan to have it replaced a good bit before the event, however if you need to contact me before then, message me on Smashboards or Facebook.com/lixth.

Hoping to see everyone here!

Last edited:

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
As long as the weather's decent, I'll be there. I'll bring a setup too.

Naryx

Smash Cadet
NNID
Naryx17
I'm also going to be going will be my first major event and I am looking for a doubles partner!

Top Bottom