• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West [Aug 7, 2015] Last PM @ The Office before Hiatus (San Marcos CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainey

Smash Rookie
I wish I can make it to one of these.. I just need my license so I can get around SD lol

Rubberhose

Smash Rookie
Is it purely PM? Me and a few friends probably will show up, but play more melee than PM. I can bring a Wii and disc if there is available CRT setups.

aidanmcw

Smash Rookie
Is it purely PM? Me and a few friends probably will show up, but play more melee than PM. I can bring a Wii and disc if there is available CRT setups.
PM is on Friday nights and Melee is on Saturday nights. =)

Last edited:

brgod

Smash Rookie
What time does singles and doubles start...I can't seem to find an official time

DankLump

Smash Rookie
Doubles starts around 5:30 pm and singles starts after, usually around 7pm
Yo this seems really cool and according to maps it's just 25 min distance from me. I need to train my friends in the arts of competitive smash some more so I don't go alone to my first tournament. But until then prepare ur selves to face off against some brutally clumsy smashers

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
There hasn't been too much interest so far in our group so we haven't really considered it too much other than "we should do this in the future" sort of thing. We may start hosting smash 4 events in the future if we get the resources, as of right now, its nothing more than an idea at best.

corey taylor

Smash Rookie
Im kinda new to the whole smash bros tournament scene and I have a quick question. Is it legal to have a hardware modded gamecube controller(springless L and R, pro controller joyticks)?

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
Im kinda new to the whole smash bros tournament scene and I have a quick question. Is it legal to have a hardware modded gamecube controller(springless L and R, pro controller joyticks)?
Hardware modded controllers are legal yes, little customizations like removing the springs from the triggers and swaping out joysticks are completely fine.

Exzerko

Smash Cadet
I wish i can go to this :( Im glad there is a scene for smash in SD though :grin:

Mainey

Smash Rookie
Really wanna go to these some day.. Just got into PM and love it. I just need my license so I can get up there

Neohaptic

Smash Rookie
heyyo,

new to these forums. do you guys have a melee tourney this weekend, or is it just projectM?

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
We no longer have melee on Saturdays unfortunately, and there aren't any plans to bring smash 4 into the mix, we are in the process of working melee back into the mix on fridays.

Mashu Koria

Smash Apprentice
BTW is it tournament style with Brackets, SemiFinals, Finals etc.?
Or is it just a Smash hangout?

Mashu Koria

Smash Apprentice
It's a SD PM sanctioned tournament. Bracket Double elimination. We occasionally have pools w/ amateur bracket if our numbers are small enough.
Awesome! :D This will be my first Smash tourney. See you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom