• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West [Aug 7, 2015] Last PM @ The Office before Hiatus (San Marcos CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykx

Smash Rookie
Had an absolute blast this last Saturday. If anyone near SD north county or even Temecula has been looking for a local smash scene this is the one. I cannot recommend it enough. Here is the FB page I think they are using for the events.

facebook.com/bsgames67

I will be making every effort I can to be making it to the events.

Lvl50Metapod

Smash Rookie
Hey segarin. I'll be heading down again. Do you guys need another wii and copy of PM? I dont mind bringing mine over for the night.

thekalen

Smash Rookie
Sweet, a tournament that's only 30 minutes away! I can't join you guys tomorrow but next week I should be able to bring a console setup if it's needed along with a friend or two. How many people usually attend?

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
The last 2 weeks we've had over 25 people come and participate, and we're still advertising it, so hopefully it just keeps growing and growing XD

FinalB0ss

Smash Rookie
Friendlies start at 5, Tournament starts at 6:30. Friendlies will be played again once the tournament is over until people no longer want to smash for the night. Venue Fee is $3. Entry fee for the tournament is $3. 1st place takes home 70% of the pot, 2nd place takes home 20%, 3rd place gets their money back. We will be serving pizza and soda. Hope to see all you San Diegan smashers out here @ the office!
Fantastic! Starting a competitive Smash scene here in San Diego is long overdue. Along with our own controllers, are we encouraged to bring a Wii with copy of PM?

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
Fantastic! Starting a competitive Smash scene here in San Diego is long overdue. Along with our own controllers, are we encouraged to bring a Wii with copy of PM?
Extra setups are always a good thing, I can't guarantee that we'll use it atm, but having extras just in case something goes wrong is never a bad thing

thekalen

Smash Rookie
Good games, good food, good people, unexpected power outages, 10/10 see you guys in 2 weeks

thekalen

Smash Rookie
NOOOO! I thought i could redeem myself this week by evening the score. Oh well, that's cool. Expect some hard knees thrown at you next week bro.
Haha for sure this week dude. I don't play melee and I suck at it so I figured I would save myself the humiliation of showing up. Once PM is back though, bring it

Craij.

Smash Rookie
Hey! My brother and I are trying to get into the competitive side of smash and we play PM every day! How will this event work exactly, like does the venue cost money, should we bring our own system and tv? Will there be Project M or Melee? I'm super stoked and pretty sure we can both make it!

Tristan's Rule

The Link of SoCal
Slippi.gg
RULE#492
@ Craij. Craij. Don't bring your TV as we don't need more TV's on Sat, but bring in your wii, just incase something goes wrong the TO like to have Extra Wii's, It'll be a main tournament for Project M this Saturday, probably Smash 4 Side tourney, and we could mess with Melee after if someone brings melee (I will) also, Venue will cost $3 and Singles will cost $3, i'm trying to get the TO to do Doubles for $3 and the 3DS Side tourney for $3, but he says he's iffy on the Pay in for Dubs and Sm4sh. I wanna see you there on Sat man, more numbers the better :D

Craij.

Smash Rookie
Thanks for a great tournament, me and my brother had a blast. We will definitely come back when he can drive me, which I think is in two weeks. And we didn't do that badly for our first tournament!

zomf

Smash Rookie
I'm coming and i might bring a couple buddies. also I got a 20" trinitron let me know if you guys need me to haul it :cyclops:

Dashing Yung Rogue

Smash Rookie
This seems pretty sick, it would be the first kind of event/tournament I've ever gone to, so I'd be excited to take part. Me and a few friends might be interested, do you need any confirmations or RSVP's, or can people just cruise right on over? Just asking cause I'm obviously very new to this kind of thing haha.

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
This seems pretty sick, it would be the first kind of event/tournament I've ever gone to, so I'd be excited to take part. Me and a few friends might be interested, do you need any confirmations or RSVP's, or can people just cruise right on over? Just asking cause I'm obviously very new to this kind of thing haha.
no u don't need to rsvp or anything, just make sure that if you want to enter the tournament that you are there before 6:30PM. I close off the bracket on time everytime so we don't run too late into the night.

Dashing Yung Rogue

Smash Rookie
no u don't need to rsvp or anything, just make sure that if you want to enter the tournament that you are there before 6:30PM. I close off the bracket on time everytime so we don't run too late into the night.
Cool, I'll try to make it.

T0MMY

Smash Master
This sounds like a good event, wish I were down in warm San Diego Smashin' it up with you guys. Have fun, everyone.

Tristan's Rule

The Link of SoCal
Slippi.gg
RULE#492
Too bad you're in ****ing Oregon m8.
Nah but really, you should comedown whenever for a double tourney, PM on Friday, Melee on Saturday, it'd be fun man

aidanmcw

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm looking to attend this event for the first time this Friday. Just wanted to make sure that all I need is my GC controller and some money and it starts at 4pm on Friday for PM? Just wanted to verify that it's all still going down. :D And should I bring a copy of PM?

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm looking to attend this event for the first time this Friday. Just wanted to make sure that all I need is my GC controller and some money and it starts at 4pm on Friday for PM? Just wanted to verify that it's all still going down. :D And should I bring a copy of PM?
all you need is money and a controller, and bringing a setup is always nice, even if we don't have the need for it, backups in case something happens to go wrong are always a good thing. The venue opens at 4PM for friendlies, we try to do doubles at around 4:30 or 5 depending on if enough ppl are at the venue at that time. and then Singles registration ends at 6:30 PM.

Best Buns

Smash Rookie
Is this a weekly tournament, biweekly, etc? I finally decided to look for local scenes and stumbled upon this. I'll try to make it this week.

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
Is this a weekly tournament, biweekly, etc? I finally decided to look for local scenes and stumbled upon this. I'll try to make it this week.
This is a weekly event. Every Friday night we smash it up in Project M and every Saturday is Melee. Hope to see you come and hang out XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom