• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West [Aug 7, 2015] Last PM @ The Office before Hiatus (San Marcos CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
Doubles start at 5:30PM, Singles start at 7 PM. Friendlies will be played again once the tournament is over until people no longer want to smash for the night. Venue Fee is $3. Entry fee for Singles is $5. Doubles entry will be $3. Pots will be split 70/20/10. Hope to see all you San Diegan smashers out here @ the office!

Last edited:

GlimmeringShadow

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3737-9663-7573
My friend and I may show. Just wondering, is this a tournament or just a hang out, are there any fees, and if it is a tournament, I'd like to know the rules. I'd like to know the details as soon as possible. Thank you for reading and I'm hoping that this will be an amazing gathering.

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
These first couple of events are going to be mainly just like meet & greet kind of things, trying to get a feel for how many ppl in the are are interested. We want to turn it into a tournament scene once we start to generate legitimate interest. This one will be completely free and the next couple will probably be free as well. Won't start charging until we can actually offer something thats worth charging for. I hope you and your friend show up and help it all get started ^_^

GlimmeringShadow

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3737-9663-7573
Alright, thanks for the responding. I think it's a good idea to start a competitive smash community in San Diego. We may go just to play other people and get a feel of how it's like,

Nate__

Smash Rookie
man i wish i would have seen this post ahead of time! I'll make sure to respond to next weeks post.

SR-71

Smash Apprentice
Just moved here and trying to find weekly smashfests and tournaments, so I'd like to get involved. However I don't have a gamecube controller right now... do you maybe have one I could borrow at this event until I can find one? Or does anyone have a used one for sale who is going?

GlimmeringShadow

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3737-9663-7573
I accidentally left my Project M memory card with you guys. I would appreciate it if I could get that back the next time I come back. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
Absolutely man, completely public. Had a pretty decent showing our first 2 events, this one will probably be a for kicks and giggles small tournament and then just friendlies until whenever people are sick of it. Come out, have fun and bring any friends who play smash as well. The first 2 events were a blast, hoping each consecutive one is more and more fun ^_^

KawaiiKilla

Smash Rookie
Reasonably new to the SMASH community, but I was told about this event from a student at Palomar and it sounded awesome. Definitely going to be checking it out this Saturday with my friend.

SR-71

Smash Apprentice
Fellow smashers, I had a lot of fun at the last two events! This is a fun group. I am now employed at the Santee Walmart and work at 7a this Sunday, which means I won't be attending this time (unless anyone would like to give me a ride back to Santee after the event, for which I'll gladly pay u $10). So I'll try to attend whenever possible, and plz post in here if you ever have smashfests during the week! (I currently am off mon/tues/wed.)

John

SR-71

Smash Apprentice
That would be so awesome dude, thank you. In that case I'll be there, and looking forward to seeing new faces and combos! Was thinking teams might be fun too, if anyone's interested

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
I think most of us live up in North County, but if you somehow find a ride up here, like bus or train or something, I'd gladly give u a ride back down to the event if no one lives down near u

Lvl50Metapod

Smash Rookie
Guess who lives 30 min away. Guess who has been practicing PM. Guess who's off that day. THIS GUY!!! Prolly gonna make this a regular thing now.

D

Deleted member

Awesome games. Thanks for hosting it.

Hopefully no one's stuck in the venue or anything =P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom