• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 27, 2015] Tuesday Sm4sh (Oak Park, IL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman
This is a WEEKLY event!

STREAMED BY EXP GAMING
http://www.twitch.tv/expgamingil

Schedule
5:00pm - Venue Opens
7:00pm - Smash 4 Singles Tourney
9:00pm - Smash 4 Doubles Tourney
1:00am - Venue Closes

PLEASE BE ON TIME! PLEASE BRING CONSOLES AND MONITORS!!!!!!!!!!!
THERE IS NO DISCOUNT FOR BRINGING SETUPS BUT IT HELPS THE TOURNAMENT PROGRESS FASTER AND MAKES EVERYONE HAPPIER!!!!!

Fees
$5 Venue Fee
$5 Smash 4 Tournament Fee (per event)

Venue Rules for tourneys:

General Rules
-You are responsible for your own belongings
-Once your set is done the Players Must IMMEDIATELY REPORT the results to the TO staff.
-Players may NOT hold off their match in order to have it streamed/recorded unless first cleared with the TO staff.
-WHEN YOUR MATCH HAS TO BE PLAYED YOU HAVE 5 MINUTES TO ARRIVE BEFORE GETTING DQ'D!
-IF YOU ARE MONEY MATCHING WHILE STILL IN BRACKET AND HOLDING UP THE TOURNAMENT YOU WILL BE DQ'D!

Smash 4 RULESET
Singles
2 stocks, 6 minute timer
Doubles
3 stocks, 8 minute timer

ITEMS OFF
Default Movesets Only
Mii Fighter banned
Amiibos banned
Double Elim, Best of 3 except Winners Finals, Losers Finals, & Grand Finals which are Best of 5
* Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process.
Starter Stages: Battlefield, Town & City, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Final Destination
Counter-pick Stages: Kongo Jungle

First stage is decided by striking from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
Following stages decided by winner banning 1 stage and then loser choosing.
* You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.
* Any matches that are best of five, there are no stage bans

Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
If a match ends with both players dying at the same time resulting in Sudden Death, a 1-stock rematch will be played out on the same stage.

EXP opens @ 5:00pm
Feel free to come at ANYTIME as casual play is allowed from open to close.
We ALLOW outside food and drink.
Feel free to bring your own controller, stick, console, monitor, or games.
EXP Gaming
6441 North Ave. Suite 102
Oak Park, IL 60302
(708) 613-4609
https://www.facebook.com/EXPgamingIL

Last edited:

WindyCitySmash

Smash Cadet

Total Entrants: 19
Singles

Bracket: http://smashboards.com/rankings/friday-night-fights-smash-for-3ds-singles-10-10-14.2429/event
Friday Night Fights: Smash 3DS Singles 10-10-14
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
YoBoi|Shion
$61.75
2nd
BoScotty
$23.75
3rd
BigDamien
$9.50
5th
Chompy
5th
Knubs.
7th
JbrockPony
7th
ITALIAN N1NJA
9th
Azzu
9th
Santo

*Let me know(or claim) the players who are not tagged correctly. Also, this is the same exact format I've been using for Project M and Melee, so let me know if this is fine or if you'd like the challonge bracket visually included.

Last edited:

WindyCitySmash

Smash Cadet
Slasher used :4duckhunt:
Clownbaby used :4littlemac:/:4dedede:
Santo used :rosalina:
Thank you for the information Chompy. Much appreciated. I can't be a mind reader haha.

@ Santo Santo This is how the system works. Brackets are uploaded via EXP Gaming's challonge account. From there I claim whoever I know off hand and hope that the other players who are not claimed, claim their points. After I put in the general results, I lock the bracket results and it is sent to the "Rankings" tab under the Queue. From there I need to wait in order for it to be cleared by a moderator and then it will be up among the other brackets for official rankings. I tagged you as of now. Usually I tag players off the bat if they have the same username, this makes it easy to tag players. Once a player has been tagged properly, they are free to edit their listing in the bracket if the characters they used in the tournament are listed incorrectly. Unless I fail to tag you, you get ranking points the moment the bracket is cleared by a moderator. If you have any questions feel free to ask as always.
-ITALIAN N1NJA

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I would've entered if you did Pokemon singles, instead of doubles, since I don't have a doubles teams :( .

Last edited:

WindyCitySmash

Smash Cadet
Friday Night Fights Results: 10-17-14
The Fall of a Mac

Total Entrants: 15
Singles

Bracket: http://smashboards.com/rankings/friday-night-fights-smash-3ds-singles-10-17-14.2553/event
Friday Night Fights: Smash 3DS Singles 10-17-14
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Bo X7
$48.75
2nd
Shion
$18.75
3rd
Scythe
$7.50
4th
Prep H
5th
BigDamien
5th
ITALIAN N1NJA
7th
Santo
7th
JbrockPony
9th
BoomToast
9th
Pat

As always, if you are aware of information on the unlisted players, please say so. Claim your points if they have yet to be claimed.​

Last edited:

WindyCitySmash

Smash Cadet
Friday Night Fights Results: 12-5-14
A Glimmer of Hope for Fridays

Total Entrants: 14
Singles
Bracket: http://smashboards.com/rankings/friday-night-fights-smash-wii-u-singles-12-5-14.3378/event

Friday Night Fights: Smash Wii U Singles 12-5-14
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
BoX7
$42.00
2nd
BigDamien
$21.00
3rd
Excel Mel
$7.00
4th
Santo
5th
Justin
5th
Akashi
7th
KAL EL
7th
ITALIAN N1NJA
9th
Ash
9th
Croat

The turn out for Friday was much better. I know some players have the mind set of "If no one is going, then why should I go?" when in reality you can make attendance better if others hear of who is attending. Hopefully attendance will continue to flourish. As always, make sure to claim yourself if you are not claimed and let it be known if you are aware of anyone's character that is not marked.​

Last edited:

Bucou

Smash Rookie
Attended this tournament. Happened to be my first smash tournament ever and had a good time. Def coming back next week. Definitely remembering my match with SeeSaw. I'll make sure that won't happen again next week.

WindyCitySmash

Smash Cadet
Friday Night Fights Results: 12-12-14
Look Out For Big D

Total Entrants: 12
Singles
Bracket: http://smashboards.com/rankings/friday-night-fights-smash-wii-u-singles-12-12-14.3460/event
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
BigDamien
$36.00
2nd
Jbrockpony
$18.00
3rd
Yo Boi Shion
$6.00
4th
SeeSaw
5th
Bucou Boy
5th
Hydra
7th
Cruecial
7th
KINGGENGAR
9th
Cocoa
9th
D3Athbox

As always, make sure to claim yourself if you are not claimed and let it be known if you are aware of anyone's character that is not marked.

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman
IMPORTANT
Different hours for EXP tomorrow.
Open at 2pm, Close at 10pm.

If we get enough ppl for a tourney we will start that around 5pm
If no tourney then I'm down to stream some Best of 5 or maybe even First to 5 sets for awhile.

The different hours are only for tomorrow because our monthly Melee & PM tourney is the next day. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Bucou

Smash Rookie
I dont understand. So there will be a smash 4 tournament only of there are enough people and that would start around 5? How is the outlook for the smash 4 tournament next week with the holidays?

HerbSuperb

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4313-1409-4860
Yeah will there be an event on this friday the 26th? Looking to attend any smash 4 tourney in the area

Bucou

Smash Rookie
Due to my work schedule I couldn't make it last Friday. If it's back to regular hours I'll be there on the 26th.

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman
Ight ill start coming. I almost came this past friday but the venue didnt answer when i called cuz i wasnt sure if people were playing
Sorry I miss phone calls sometimes.

Due to my work schedule I couldn't make it last Friday. If it's back to regular hours I'll be there on the 26th.
Normal hours this Friday

demonhacker

Smash Cadet
NNID
Restive
Was gonna make this Friday my first FNF....but it looks like I'll be delaying it one week.

ThunderThor77

Smash Rookie
I'd love to come to these tournaments every week but I unfortunately work until 7:30 on Fridays.

Last edited:

Bucou

Smash Rookie
Great turnout on Friday. I wasn't as focused as I would have liked but I'm looking forward to getting better as these tournaments go.

HerbSuperb

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4313-1409-4860
Is this happening again on the 2nd? Also are there any other days where people are tryna play some smash 4 or are fridays the only time when people come play

stratattackjack

Smash Rookie
I am from st. Louis and am also very interested in some Smash 4 wiiu weekly's

Any concrete info for the future would be much appreciated

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Is this happening again on the 2nd? Also are there any other days where people are tryna play some smash 4 or are fridays the only time when people come play
I am from st. Louis and am also very interested in some Smash 4 wiiu weekly's

Any concrete info for the future would be much appreciated
Every Friday. All information about the venue and events provided by the OP :)

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I am sad to report that I won't be doing brackets or VODs for a while. I need to focus on school and I can't do both. Reality strikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom