• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Sep 13, 2015] ASL Presents: Hidden Power Bi-Monthlies (Mobile, Alabama)

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
out of idle curiosity, anyone here have a general schedule of the next event this Sunday? I have a ride arranged from a friend, but we kinda want the schedule so we can plan ahead... for contingencies sake.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Thinking about bringing back a classic side tournament.

It feels like the time is right. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Dron

Smash Apprentice
for anybody that went to the tournament, I accidentally picked up a purple GC controller with no real distinguishing characteristics

if it's yours, hit me up

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
This month we ran 3 stocks 8 minutes with Yoshi's Island, Prism Tower and Battlefield being the starter stages. Custom moves were legal, but not equipment. I don't remember the counter pick stages.

Next month it'll obviously be different, because we will be running the Wii U version. There's a good chance the stock count will drop to 2 since finals took a really long time. What I'm hype for is that we will be running Squads (4v4) as an event next month.

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
I've fought rice round 2 before, came back and got 3rd. No excuses, there is a loser bracket for this reason.
this is me every tournament lol. i've just learned to accept it. being in losers gives you that momentum tho

Last edited:

Zone

Smash Champion
No he's right there are more matches to be played in losers side than winners. So you get more chances to get your tech and decisions down.

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
its more of a handicap than a momentum booster
the system doesn't really help new players, yes, but it should give you the drive to get better. ever since i started going to tournaments starting in 2011 I've always gotten top 5, except for maybe 2 tournaments. zone is right, no excuses. what helped me is my best friend was my training partner so we practiced almost everyday.

don't let it get you down man, everyone has to start somewhere.

WESkerTheAmazin

Smash Rookie
the system doesn't really help new players, yes, but it should give you the drive to get better. ever since i started going to tournaments starting in 2011 I've always gotten top 5, except for maybe 2 tournaments. zone is right, no excuses. what helped me is my best friend was my training partner so we practiced almost everyday.

don't let it get you down man, everyone has to start somewhere.
Thanks alot man ill train even harder

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, when the brackets are seeded newer/weaker players are intentionally put head to head with the top contenders. It may seem unfair, but it gives everyone the best shot at getting as far as they deserve. I mean no offense when I say that that your chances of getting two wins was pretty low, because that bracket was stacked with strong players. I think a more interesting matchup would have probably been you versus facepalms since he (?probably?) the next least experienced player out there, but the brackets didn't come up that way.

If you have the drive you can make your come up, though, and we'll seed you higher and higher. If Roboturner can do it then you can do it WESker. LET'S GO.

Last edited:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
And there's always money matches.

If you think you deserve a higher seed than someone, money match them and beat them. Prove that you deserve that seed. You won't get to face people close to your skill level often in bracket, so arrange some matches.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Taking a trip down here to see Ryker babe and the mobile crew. Would love to have some games/mms with most if not all of you to help level up

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
I forget, does this event actually get streamed, or do the recorded videos just get posted online or something?

Shiro_lod

Smash Cadet
What time does sm4sh run for this, running it the same time as melee?

I have a couple people interested in coming out, but we'd need to know when sm4sh is running.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
The sooner you guys get here the sooner we'll start. If you want to have time for Squads then we basically need to be ready to go at noon. If that's not the case then we are gonna move straight on to Singles.

This month I'm gonna have to be a tyrant when it comes to time management because the magic guys are gonna be running some important shin dig and we might be crunch for space.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
So the northeast al car which will most likely consist of me and only me should be there by 11:30. Got it

Shiro_lod

Smash Cadet
We were planning on getting there around 11:15-11:30, although our 4th for squads still isn't sure he can make it. Should we be there earlier to register or is that a fine time? - Haven't been able to get out there before.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Yea, that'll be fine. Honestly, with smashers, there's a good chance the majority of players will be late, but this month they are gonna regret it.

Top Bottom