• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Snow Time To Explain 3: The Revengeance

Snow Time To Explain 3: The Revengeance
Posted by EggZaladZandwich
The Smansion
Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 11:00 AM
Until: Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 12:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

EggZaladZandwich

Smash Rookie
Here's the event page on Facebook

Expected attendees: Mike Haze, FatGoku, Eggz, Foos Jr., ExtraVirgin69, Mofat
Possible attendees: Silent Wolf, Bladewise, Iceman, eBay, OMGage

Projected Melee 1v1 entries: 60+

The 3rd installment of the best house tournament series of all time is finally here.

THIS IS A PUBLIC EVENT; IF YOU SEE THIS PAGE YOU CAN COME!!!!

This event will be just like any other tournament you've been to, probably, with a few exceptions. First, lets talk about rules n stuff.

Payout for ALL events will be 60%/30%/10% after paying entry back to 4th place. (Unless there are less than 12 entrants, then we'll just do 60/30/10)
For Smash events, pay-in will be $5 per player ($10 per team for doubles).
For Connect 4, I've made a poll asking about how much the buy-in should be, and another asking what the payout should be.

Melee rules are standard rules, ask if you aren't sure what that means.
I'm strongly considering making no-transformation Pokemon Stadium required if either party requests it, but I'm not sure how many 20XXTE setups we'll have so I probably won't do that.
PM rules are Paragon rules. (http://paragon.vsgaming.org/rules)

Crew battles is another thing. The default format I was thinking of was just draft crews of top 16 (4 crews of 4), but I for some reason I feel like we should do something else. I'm open to suggestions, but if nothing seems better we're just gonna roll with that. I'll figure out a prize for the winners of the crew battles.

Connect 4 is where I have to get a little creative. I'm probably gonna set up a table somewhere where you can play your matches, but I literally don't have any version of connect 4 so I could use some help on that front. It'll probably be Bo3 format, RPS for turn order pick, loser of match 1 picks turn order, unless someone presents me with something better. Again, I have to be a little creative so sorry if there's missing information here.

I have 7 CRTs, 2 gamecubes + melees, and a wii (no pm). Please at least bring consoles, and we'll certainly need more TVs. Tables and chairs would also be amazing, as I only have ~20 chairs and misc. tables.

!!!!!!!!!!!THIS IS NOT A VENUE, IT'S OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!
Please treat our house with respect. Not just for me, but for my parents' sake too. I get to run these events because my parents are literally the coolest parents in the universe, I'd hate to not be able to do this because we can't trust you to treat us or our house with respect. Don't steal stuff, don't make a huge mess, don't break stuff, etc. I'd also strongly appreciate it if those who smoke left their butts elsewhere, other than the ground out front.

I will be strict about DQs. In my experience, tournaments run late purely because the TOs are over-confident in their own
ability, people request their sets be played on stream, and TOs don't DQ people that need to be DQ'd. If you leave without saying anything and your set is holding up the bracket, I will DQ you in 5 minutes. If your friend comes up and says "They just left to go get food they'll be back in 20 minutes" (or something along those lines) when I issue a 5 minute warning, you have 5 minutes. Don't be a dummy.

All events registration closes ~20 minutes before scheduled start time.

Schedule:
10am - Set up (don't come yet pls unless you ask or something)
11am - Doors open to public
12:30pm - Melee Doubles begins
2:30pm - Melee Singles begins till top 16
Before Melee top 16 - Melee Crews
5:30pm - Project M Singles begins
6:30pm - Connect 4 begins
8pm - Melee Low-tiers begins

Finally, the token aspect of Snow Time To Explain...

Pot bonuses.

I'll be making Brownies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Muddie Buddies, and probably more things for pot bonuses. I'll construct a plate for 1st through 4th to pay them out with these baked goods. Those that expect top 4 (Fatgoku, eggz, foos, adam, etc), please let me know if you have any serious food allergies.

If you have any questions at all, please message me (Connor Kelly) on Facebook!

Top Bottom