• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dealing with spacie pressure?

LifeMakesMeLOL

Smash Rookie
Does anybody have any tips for dealing with spacie pressure? I get horribly overwhelmed against good Foxes and Falcos, I just honestly have no idea what to do once I get caught in shine combos, Falco especially. It usually turns into this float camp heavy game that takes over five minutes because 80% of the match is me just trying to gain some stage control back. Pretty much the only times I can win the neutral is when they accidentally CC my Dsmash or when I manage to get a chaingrab going.

Normally I try to just space with bair or retreating fair since most spacies here are aggressive and will come to me anyways (and being Peach I don't have to worry about laser camping ****os), which works fine against the bad/mediocre players, but the better players are not even phased by it and just ****ing nair through everything. I'm sure there's a lot I'm missing (still pretty inexperienced in the MUs), but I really want to improve so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please and thanks!

Raisin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4971-3853-0253
If the Fox is slow or messes up, you can grab a nair on your shield, but don't expect this to always work. The best option you have against Fox nair shine pressure is to time a buffered roll. If the Fox is super agro, this is a good thing for you. You can dash attack under a nair from both Fox and Falco, and at low percents, crouch cancel down-smash overly agro Nairs. You have to bait out the approach from laser campers. Figure out when they're gonna run away, when they're gonna nair you, and how long they laser. Sometimes, you can literally just run across the stage and grab a Fox because they were lasering mindlessly. Also, FC nair oos is really good for reacting out of shield. Don't stay in shield too long and don't overdo your approaches. At this point in the meta, you have to pry at the spacies' mistakes with Peach.

Raisin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4971-3853-0253
If they have you in shield, try nair oos if they're in front of you and bair oos if they're behind you.
This is good, but be careful when you choose to do so because if you miss, you have a split second to decide your next option because you CAN be punished. For example, if you're shielding and you throw out a FC bair oos to escape pressure, but you miss, the Fox can run up and nair > combo you until you die sort of thing, all because you missed a punish. Sometimes, rolling away or wavedashing away oos is a better option. But that does go to say missed FCs oos are bad because if you miss that same bair, if you predict how you could possibly get punished for it, you can counter that punish with your own. I've missed a bair oos and managed to full hop bair to cover myself in succession. There are other ways to deal with missed FCs as well, but that is one example I've been able to pull off. Spacies are hard.

Last edited:

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
falco has to do a late dair to continue shield pressure you, so nair oos should help you escape if timed right

Top Bottom