• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dawn of the 3D Remake: Young Link for DLC! (ROY IS SEMI-CLONED! HOPE FOR MOVESET CHANGES RISES!)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Toon Link doesn't need to go and be replaced.
To me, his addition and every potential DLC characters are like desserts. (what Sakurai refers the newcomer clones as)
If Young Link comes back he's not going to replace anyone.
Since Toon Link and Link basically take Young Link's playstyle completely, the only way I can see him added is if he had some unique moves alongside him, using the masks as temporary moves.
Not the same thing at all.

The clones / ascended alts took very little dev time to complete, and if they had their own movesets, they'd have to have been considered from the get-go to fit into the development timeframe - that, or the game's release would have to be put on the long arm to accommodate the extra time necessary.

Adding DLC characters, unless they are likewise very simple clones, requires time and effort. Sakurai's dessert analogy refers to the fact that the clones were freebies. They were added at the eleventh hour based on how easy it would be to just jury-rig some new moves and poses. A character that people will have to pay for, especially one with a totally unique moveset not based on any existing character's, is a different animal entirely.

Not to discredit your support or anything, just that your comparison is not valid.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Not really the point of why people dislike the idea. Dark Pit is a separate entity to Pit and people still dislike him.

Wouldn't really make sense in canon, either, since Young Link's timeline is the path that leads into Twilight Princess, which is the design Link is based on in Smash.

The mask gimmick is a nice concept, but I'd rather it be applied to somebody like Happy Mask Salesman. Shame he has no chance of ever appearing in Smash.

I'd be up for Young Link as an alt of Toon Link, or vice-versa, particularly if they were decloned.
Wintropy?! How could you?!

;-;

Come on guys let's make this happen!
Who's with me on voting for Young Link to return as a DLC for Smash Bros.4? you can vote here

https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
I'm with you man!

xXEnderSeanXx

Smash Rookie
What I was thinking is that Young Link's standard special would act similar to Shulk's monado arts, in which Young Link would select one of his transformation masks. The transformations would not have customs, but they would certainly be interesting. Young Link's up special could be use of his bunny hood, and jumps pretty high. His final smash will most likely not be Fierce Diety though, because link already has a skin like that, but instead Young Link would use the Giant's Mask to become huge. :younglinkmelee:

DanesoulX

Smash Cadet

;-;

I'm with you man!
Thanks man!this is our chance to bring him back!
let's try our best to influence people!
Young Link could borrow some elements from his fighting style in Hyrule Warriors and possibly some spells from Ocarina of Time and use his Fierce Deity's Mask from Majora's Mask in the same manner as he did in Hyrule Warriors. i mean there is so much Nintendo can do with Young Link to make him different than Link and Toon Link.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

;-;
As I say, I'm not against Young Link, and I don't think you're stupid for supporting him. I support Tiki from Fire Emblem - at least your favourite character has precedence, mine's just a pipe dream! And yeah, while I don't support Young Link, I would be happy for his fans if he got back into Smash. It would make no difference to me either way, so I don't see the need to begrudge people their choices.

That said, what I was criticising was not Young Link support(ers), but rather the rationale presented as infallible logic. Character discussion implies support and criticism alike, it never hurts to play devil's advocate and offer rational criticism. Good, honest debate is healthy in a public forum, and even though I don't necessarily agree with a lot of the things said in this thread, I believe you're perfectly entitled to say them and I won't say anything beyond a bit of earnest critique.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Thanks man!this is our chance to bring him back!
let's try our best to influence people!
Young Link could borrow some elements from his fighting style in Hyrule Warriors and possibly some spells from Ocarina of Time and use his Fierce Deity's Mask from Majora's Mask in the same manner as he did in Hyrule Warriors. i mean there is so much Nintendo can do with Young Link to make him different than Link and Toon Link.
*high fives*

I would actually really like to see Young Link use some if not all of his Hyrule Warriors incarnation, particularly his Twohanded Kokiri Sword. Not only could they do a Link and Ike crossed moveset for him, it would also make him look like the cutest badass ever. Plus he could have three of the most amazing taunts

1) Lon Lon Milk with possible healing

2) Puts on the Kenato Mask and does his cute roar

3) Plays Song of Time on the Ocarina like in HW

That would be awesome

As I say, I'm not against Young Link, and I don't think you're stupid for supporting him. I support Tiki from Fire Emblem - at least your favourite character has precedence, mine's just a pipe dream! And yeah, while I don't support Young Link, I would be happy for his fans if he got back into Smash. It would make no difference to me either way, so I don't see the need to begrudge people their choices.

That said, what I was criticising was not Young Link support(ers), but rather the rationale presented as infallible logic. Character discussion implies support and criticism alike, it never hurts to play devil's advocate and offer rational criticism. Good, honest debate is healthy in a public forum, and even though I don't necessarily agree with a lot of the things said in this thread, I believe you're perfectly entitled to say them and I won't say anything beyond a bit of earnest critique.
Oh, okay. Sorry if I over reacted Wintropy. Though after reading your post again. I can understand what you mean. While the idea that Young Link uses all his mask for his moveset does sound nice, in my mind it just comes up as a little too complicated (no offence to the people who came up with them) and you're right, honest debating is good for people. As long as it doesn't turn into a flame war. Again, I am sorry I over reacted Wintropy, I am just kind of sick of people say that for some reason 3 link's are over kill and Young Link shouldn't come back. Again, sorry and good luck with your Tiki campaign :)

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
Eeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Thats really all I gotta say about Young Link, personally I loved him in Melee, but I would prefer Toon Link be removed and replaced with young Link.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Eeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Thats really all I gotta say about Young Link, personally I loved him in Melee, but I would prefer Toon Link be removed and replaced with young Link.
If we could do that, I would vote for that option. Unfortunately, getting Young Link into smash alongside Link and Toon Link is the only one.

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
*high fives*

I would actually really like to see Young Link use some if not all of his Hyrule Warriors incarnation, particularly his Twohanded Kokiri Sword. Not only could they do a Link and Ike crossed moveset for him, it would also make him look like the cutest badass ever. Plus he could have three of the most amazing taunts

1) Lon Lon Milk with possible healing

2) Puts on the Kenato Mask and does his cute roar

3) Plays Song of Time on the Ocarina like in HW

That would be awesome

Oh, okay. Sorry if I over reacted Wintropy. Though after reading your post again. I can understand what you mean. While the idea that Young Link uses all his mask for his moveset does sound nice, in my mind it just comes up as a little too complicated (no offence to the people who came up with them) and you're right, honest debating is good for people. As long as it doesn't turn into a flame war. Again, I am sorry I over reacted Wintropy, I am just kind of sick of people say that for some reason 3 link's are over kill and Young Link shouldn't come back. Again, sorry and good luck with your Tiki campaign :)
Does...Does Hyrule Warriors Young Link have a...a...Warfstache?

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
Starting to become one. Though his FNAF videos (actually any FNAF) left a really annoying scar on me.
I've been a fan of Markiplier and Jackseptic eye for the last six months, they are great! And yeah, FNAF was pretty blugh, but overall though a lot of his videos are great, and he loves his fans dearly, something I find awesome about him. He's just a big ball of mushy markimoo love!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I've been a fan of Markiplier and Jackseptic eye for the last six months, they are great! And yeah, FNAF was pretty blugh, but overall though a lot of his videos are great, and he loves his fans dearly, something I find awesome about him. He's just a big ball of mushy markimoo love!
Yeah, Mark is pretty great. oh, I didn't mean the videos are bad, I actually find them pretty great, particularly some of his reactions. It just for some reason, after watching them and the Game Theory episodes, I have developed this "fear" at night that in the dark, one of the animatronics is just stand there, watching me, wait for something or for some reason and it creeps the crap out of me and I don't like it ;-;

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
Yeah, Mark is pretty great. oh, I didn't mean the videos are bad, I actually find them pretty great, particularly some of his reactions. It just for some reason, after watching them and the Game Theory episodes, I have developed this "fear" at night that in the dark, one of the animatronics is just stand there, watching me, wait for something or for some reason and it creeps the crap out of me and I don't like it ;-;
Completely understandable. I wish I could feel that type of fear again, but really I've become so desensitized to the fear of anything other than being Alone and Spiders, that nothing really scares me anymore...takes the joy out of horror based things :(

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Completely understandable. I wish I could feel that type of fear again, but really I've become so desensitized to the fear of anything other than being Alone and Spiders, that nothing really scares me anymore...takes the joy out of horror based things :(
I am the opposite. While a certain amount of fear is good, what I have for FNAF is very annoying. Seriously, after watching a few minute of Mark's FNAF 1 play through and Game Theorys first FNAF theory, I basically became an insomniac for 3 nights. I really do want to watch Mark's FNAF video, but I can't because of this fear. I think I might have a fear for inanimate humanoid objects (ie manikins, animatronics) because I swear everytime I look at one of there face, I feel like they are staring into my soul and I just want to shoot them with a mini gun. Though I can understand were you are coming from. What is the point of calling a horror game scary if it doesn't scare you.

DanesoulX

Smash Cadet

I'm all for voting Young Link. :p
You're gonna have to make a big movement for this if you guy want to see him in.
Want to assist us? i'm trying ever so hard since last night, I created a tumblr & Twitter just for this reason. I found a few people on the sites especially tumblr. i just pray for more support. i'm so glad you're voting Young Link.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Five Nights at Freddy's gets old very quickly once you watch all of the playthroughs of it.
I'm already tired of that franchise. :I

I don't think I'll be involved, since I don't personally care for him, but I'm going to vote right now for Young Link. :p
I don't think I'll be much of a big help.

DanesoulX

Smash Cadet
Five Nights at Freddy's gets old very quickly once you watch all of the playthroughs of it.
I'm already tired of that franchise. :I

I don't think I'll be involved, since I don't personally care for him, but I'm going to vote right now for Young Link. :p
I don't think I'll be much of a big help.
That's okay,I truly understand BluePikmin. :] Thanks for voting for Young Link I really appreciate it and trust me every vote counts.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Want to assist us? i'm trying ever so hard since last night, I created a tumblr & Twitter just for this reason. I found a few people on the sites especially tumblr. i just pray for more support. i'm so glad you're voting Young Link.
I have done my vote for Young Link :D.

And I have ask some friends I know in some of the threads I hang in if they will vote for Young Link

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
In the german forum where I'm active too, almost everyone says that characters like Young Link, Roy or Pichu shouldn't come back because we should better vote for new characters than old clones. I can understand that, but despite that I voted for every veteran. Young Link was a big badass in Melee, I'd like to see him back. Just cuz he's so much better than Tink...

DanesoulX

Smash Cadet
I have done my vote for Young Link :D.

And I have ask some friends I know in some of the threads I hang in if they will vote for Young Link
Thanks man! i'm happy to hear,truly i am :).
In the german forum where I'm active too, almost everyone says that characters like Young Link, Roy or Pichu shouldn't come back because we should better vote for new characters than old clones. I can understand that, but despite that I voted for every veteran. Young Link was a big badass in Melee, I'd like to see him back. Just cuz he's so much better than Tink...
I respect that i honestly do! i appreciate the support cause i really want Young Link and the Melee cast back.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Just popping in to say Young Link was the second guy I voted for, want him back real bad. Minimilist with Bombchus, deku sticks/nuts, and a slingshot, maximally with the masks somehow

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
By the way, if you do want to be added in the support list, just add in the word "support" in your post and you're good to go. :p
By the way, we finally reached 10 supporters! It took long, but we made it!

Last edited:

DanesoulX

Smash Cadet
Just popping in to say Young Link was the second guy I voted for, want him back real bad. Minimilist with Bombchus, deku sticks/nuts, and a slingshot, maximally with the masks somehow
Hell yeah that's the spirit! i want Young Link back real bad too and thanks to "BluePikmin11" and to all you Young Link fans out there, the Young Link return 4 smash campaign is going really well!
"Support"

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
By the way, if you do want to be added in the support list, just add in the word "support" in your post and you're good to go. :p
By the way, we finally reached 10 supporters! It took long, but we made it!
Support?

*looks on front page*

:D. Ya, I am on the list

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
:O.

How'd you get this?

Is there on of HW Young Link?!
I made it.

And I haven't done HW Young Link yet... I might at some point though! If you want to see more you can check out my Deviantart, I've got loads of Zelda characters. Link w/ Ezlo, 4 Swords Links included if you like Young Link

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Young Link got replaced by Toon Link and he sucked. I just want Great Bay back.

Top Bottom