• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dawn of the 3D Remake: Young Link for DLC! (ROY IS SEMI-CLONED! HOPE FOR MOVESET CHANGES RISES!)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It was that and A Link Between Worlds that made some people believe that Young Link or "Classic Link" would come to take over from Toon Link before his confirmation.

Granted he could return this time if the MM remake actually becomes a thing. Probably also if he is designed as a semi-clone as well or something....

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
What I'm impressed at is that when I think Young Link's finished, the idea of the Masks come into play. I never thought much about it, but the Mask concept would be incredibly unique, and could justify Young Link's return as DLC. But should he swap his masks with the B Button like Shulk's Monado Arts and transform him into his Deku, Goron and Zora forms? Or should he turn into those forms just for Specials? If anything, the Mask concept would work extremely well to separate the Links.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
The only issue with the masks idea (which is brilliant) is that transformations are out this game.
No more Zelda/ Sheik, Samus/ ZSS, Pokemon Trainer... Not that Zelda & Samus was a bad thing.
But Masked Link and Pokemon Trainer would have been great novelties.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Thoughts on the new Kirby hat? Imagine it'd be a bit much to have 3 Link hats with barely any differences.

Tbh, I think it'd be amazing/hilarious if instead Kirby put on a Young Link mask.

Waverunner

Smash Cadet
Thoughts on the new Kirby hat? Imagine it'd be a bit much to have 3 Link hats with barely any differences.

Tbh, I think it'd be amazing/hilarious if instead Kirby put on a Young Link mask.
Or maybe just the Mask of whatever Link's Default Standard Special would be, which for my moveset would be the Goron Mask.

Also, thanks for all the positive feedback for my moveset idea. I wasn't expecting it.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
I would take Young Link back as a character Akin to the Bowser Kids or Alph if I needed too.

Needs to have Milk Drinking, though.

Would love the mask moveset.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
The only issue with the masks idea (which is brilliant) is that transformations are out this game.
No more Zelda/ Sheik, Samus/ ZSS, Pokemon Trainer... Not that Zelda & Samus was a bad thing.
But Masked Link and Pokemon Trainer would have been great novelties.
Maybe that issue can be resolved if Young Link had a moveset that only recalled the model being swapped just for the Specials.

EDIT: Congratulations, Young Link.:younglinkmelee:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Like I said, it doesn't just have to be a transformation character, it can just temporarily transform for one attack.
I personally find it much more conservative.
Maybe that issue can be resolved if Young Link had a moveset that only recalled the model being swapped just for the Specials.

EDIT: Congratulations, Young Link.:younglinkmelee:

This characters chances in a nut shell.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I've always been a fan of the Deku -> Zora -> Goron -> transformation character idea. But because Sakurai killed this aspect that piece of **** I don't even know anymore

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

This characters chances in a nut shell.
For Smash Bros, yes. Pichu is probably even more likely than Young Link at this stage,
I was, however, congratulating the fact that Young Link's starring in his big game again in 3D. (OoT discredited because of timeline stuff)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Custom Moves would be the perfect way to do Young Link.
Each of his sets would be based off of a Mask (Deku, Goron, and Zora).

Or, and this is what I think his the more likley option, he could just have a normal Mask-Inspired moveset, with normal customs like most characters (Ex. "Big Deku Bubble," "Speedy Goron Roll,").

Also, @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 , you should have a name for all the supporters, like "The Kokiris". You could put "Join the Kokiri Tribe today!" in the title, or something.

Last edited:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I support Young Link. Might seem redundant to have 3 Links, but if his moveset required use of his masks in some capacity he'd be unique.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Anyone got ideas for arguments against Young Link.
I want some answers especially people bringing up him as redundant with him being a 3rd Link.
He's not Vaati. :troll:

An argument supporting him could be that he could be very unique using his mask instead of being another clone, also Young Link's are in more games than the Adult Link would work too.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Anyone got ideas for arguments against Young Link.
I want some answers especially people bringing up him as redundant with him being a 3rd Link.
I don't really see how 3 Links would be redundant, unless they're clones.

They are the main characters. And each one could have their own abilities.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I don't really see how 3 Links would be redundant, unless they're clones.

They are the main characters. And each one could have their own abilities.
I mean, I can see people being fine with Mario, Dr.Mario, and Paper Mario. I see the same thing with the Link's. (Except for not having a Dr.Link and a Paper Link)

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'd prefer Young Link as an Alt for Toon Link. But that moveset for his sure is appetizing.
Go ahead and add me to the supporter's list.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
As much as I love Young Link (who should be the main Link in Smash over the bland adult one), I think having three Links in the game would be overkill (even if the idea of Young Link using the masks sounds hype as hell). That said, Young Link is a Toon Link alt would be great. Please Neentendo give us Young Link back as an alt.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It is wonderful having a Majoras Mask 3D Remake confirmed to be in the works; however, I believe one of these three Link forms have a better chance than our Young Link:

1. Deku Link
  2. Goron Link
  3. Zora Link
Each of these different forms would have an original moveset and bring something new to the Smash Brothers Table.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If it came down to only the 3 of the forms, Deku Link would most likely be chosen, as it's the most recognizable and easily the most diverse.
The other forms don't feel as unique as Deku Link.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'd like to be part of the Kokiri clan. He was one of my favorite Melee characters and I hope he makes it back as DLC. :younglinkmelee:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I don't like bumping twice nor do I like double posting, but I feel like this is an important question for you guys to ask, and Johnknight1 brought it up earlier:

Would you be ok if Deku Link got in over Young Link with all mask forms for temporary attacks?
I now feel like that is probably the better possibility, and it seems less forced for Sakurai to do.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Didn't Sakurai already said characters no longer transform... so why would Young Link get in with mask transformations?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Did you read the ideas we proposed before, were well aware that they are gone. :p
The possibility of having the mask forms temporarily for certain attacks.
Or just stick to Deku Link, whom is one of the most iconic out of the main 3 forms.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Top Bottom