• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dawn of the 3D Remake: Young Link for DLC! (ROY IS SEMI-CLONED! HOPE FOR MOVESET CHANGES RISES!)

DanesoulX

Smash Cadet
Young Link got replaced by Toon Link and he sucked. I just want Great Bay back.
who sucked? i respect your opinion but this is a Young Link support thread please no bashing either Young Link or Toon Link and i'd love for the Great Bay too.
hope you understand thank you.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Here you go... Threw it together just now!

You can get this on merch too!
You made this? :O. THANK YOU! IT LOOKS AMAZING!

I will get some merch of this as soon as possible!

who sucked? i respect your opinion but this is a Young Link support thread please no bashing either Young Link or Toon Link and i'd love for the Great Bay too.
hope you understand thank you.
I think what he was trying to say is that it sucked that Toon Link flat out replaced Young Link and that to him (possible) Toon Link wasn't a good character.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wouldn't mind him back too much, but not at the cost of Toon Link though. (Which thankfully DLC is just add-on content so that would never happen anyway.)

DanesoulX

Smash Cadet
You made this? :O. THANK YOU! IT LOOKS AMAZING!

I will get some merch of this as soon as possible!

I think what he was trying to say is that it sucked that Toon Link flat out replaced Young Link and that to him (possible) Toon Link wasn't a good character.
Oh well in that case i agree. i rather they have kept Young Link, Toon Link just feels so odd compared to Young Link.

Last edited:

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Hey, could you just add me to the "Kokiri Clan", your supporters list? As I mentioned last time, I enjoyed Young Link a lot in Melee times and today again while playing the awesome Majoras Mask remake on 3DS :)

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey, could you just add me to the "Kokiri Clan", your supporters list? As I mentioned last time, I enjoyed Young Link a lot in Melee times and today again while playing the awesome Majoras Mask remake on 3DS :)
Welcome then :)

The support is most welcomed.

DanesoulX

Smash Cadet
More signs of Young Link For Super Smash bros WiiU/3Ds DLC!
In Super Smash Bros. 4

While Young Link does not have an appearance at all, he is referenced in the trophy “Adult Link (Ocarina of Time)”. The naming of the trophy may imply that a Young Link trophy may have been planned, as Zelda has both “Adult Zelda (Ocarina of Time)” and “Young Zelda (Ocarina of Time)” trophies. : ) now why do we have Oot Link’s trophy labeled “Adult Link” and there is no “Young Link”Trophy? Zelda has two Trophies,one of them also labeled “Adult Zelda” and the other is “Young Zelda”. why no Young Link,but Young Zelda..?

Adult Link(Ocarina of Time)
“ The children from Kokiri Forest never seem to grow into adults. Just a young boy, Link is entrusted with a quest by the Great Deku Tree. He leaves the forest and eventually finds the Master Sword in the Temple of Time. When he awakes, he is seven years in the future and an adult! “

Adult Zelda(Ocarina of Time)
“ In the seven years following Link’s disappearance, Hyrule falls under the rule of the evil Ganondorf and Zelda grows into a young woman. To help Link in his quest to find the seven Sages, she takes on the guise of a young man named Sheik. The real identity of this mysterious helper is just one of the surprises awaiting Link.”

~NOW WE HAVE~

Young Zelda (Ocarina of Time)
“ The Princess of Hyrule chosen by the goddesses. Zelda dreams of darkness descending on Hyrule and tells Link where he must travel next. Fleeing Ganondorf, she gives Link the Ocarina of Time. It is seven long years before he is heard from her again… “

The missing Young Link Trophy further supports my prediction and theory that Young Link will be DLC for Super Smash Bros. 4 For more on my predictions see my tumblr profile. As for Young Link his trophy will be obtained when his DLC is out and i am still predicting his reveal for E3 2015 and with cut character returning it is more than likely. Still vote for Young Link at the Smash ballot here

https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

D

Deleted member

This tread looks cool for young link. I wont mine dlc for him.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
More signs of Young Link For Super Smash bros WiiU/3Ds DLC!
now why do we have Oot Link’s trophy labeled “Adult Link” and there is no “Young Link”Trophy? Zelda has two Trophies,one of them also labeled “Adult Zelda” and the other is “Young Zelda”. why no Young Link,but Young Zelda..?

The missing Young Link Trophy further supports my prediction and theory that Young Link will be DLC for Super Smash Bros. 4 For more on my predictions see my tumblr profile. As for Young Link his trophy will be obtained when his DLC is out and i am still predicting his reveal for E3 2015 and with cut character returning it is more than likely. Still vote for Young Link at the Smash ballot here

https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
That's what I thought about Isaac and Roy too. Maybe they or trophies were planned but weren't included. Hopefully he'll be announced soon.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Young Link doesn't have a trophy because they forgot to include it.

As for Isaac, there's no sign or Golden Sun at all on both versions, I wonder why...

DanesoulX

Smash Cadet
Just stating the obvious.
Stop babbling robish. One thing with Nintendo they never make that sort of mistake.
If you don't have anything sensible or positive to say i would appreciate you go somewhere else. this is a Young Link support thread.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I find it highly unlikely they would simply "forget" to include a very important character from Ocarina of Time 3D as a trophy....

If they where to include more trophies as DLC, I can see them including a trophy of Young Link with his Majora's Mask 3D stuff, I guess that may be a possibility of why they didn't include a trophy of him.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Does the Link wearing Majora's Mask swordsman outfit DLC make a mii-created Young Link more likely? I can't really give a sword user the right moves for Young Link except for Spin Attack.

PF9

Smash Lord
Well, Young Link and Toon Link are very similar in concept, I could see YL as an alt skin for TL (in the same way the Koopalings are alts of Bowser Jr.).

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Well, Young Link and Toon Link are very similar in concept, I could see YL as an alt skin for TL (in the same way the Koopalings are alts of Bowser Jr.).
I think toon link is shorter? But it has been a long time sense I played Melee.

A young link based on Majora's mask would be epic...which is what many people in the thread have suggested ways to implement.

Or maybe a Gorn, Zora, and Deku as separate characters sense the 3ds means no transforming guys.

Last edited:

DanesoulX

Smash Cadet
I rather not. Young Link's move-set has some differences like his sex-kick,fire arrows and his down air can set his opponent on fire and some other differences.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Young Link would look really awkward as a Toon Link alt as his model would need to be in a very similar shape and proportions as Toon Link to work. Not to mention he would use the same weapon types as Toon Link too. (Toon Bomb's rather than his Bomb's for example)

Plus considering Sakurai's opinion on Dr.Mario and the reason why he made him into a clone instead of an alt of Mario as he apparently initially planned in the first place. I find it highly unlikely that he would turn Young Link into an alt.

Last edited:

DanesoulX

Smash Cadet
With the new leak around and Roy coming back, it's giving me a bit of hope for Young Link joining as DLC too!
DLC is going to be big and hype-worthy now.
Same here! with Roy returning I can see every cut veteran coming back now. I am so stoked there is still hope for Young Link :) I am so happy now.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Does the Link wearing Majora's Mask swordsman outfit DLC make a mii-created Young Link more likely? I can't really give a sword user the right moves for Young Link except for Spin Attack.
Am actually thinking the other way around to be honest. I suspect they did this to still give Majora's Mask it's representation in a way, but they won't have to add a character into the game that is an Assist Trophy, or another dude named Link. I think it's quite clever, and plays a bit with the Link = you thing that has been going on in the Zelda series since forever.

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
I voted for Wolf but can I vote for Young Link as well, or I can only vote once ? (sorry for my bad English)

Speculator

Smash Ace
If Roy comes back and is relatively unchanged from Melee, then I don't see anything stopping Young Link returning. I don't especially want him back, but I am curious to see what sort of design they'd use. Regular Link is in his Twilight Princess design - perhaps a new design for YL to match that? The TP designs aren't too far off the OOT/MM designs, they could update YL with extra details and he'd fit right in with the other Zelda characters.

DanesoulX

Smash Cadet
I voted for Wolf but can I vote for Young Link as well, or I can only vote once ? (sorry for my bad English)
You can vote more than once.
If Roy comes back and is relatively unchanged from Melee, then I don't see anything stopping Young Link returning. I don't especially want him back, but I am curious to see what sort of design they'd use. Regular Link is in his Twilight Princess design - perhaps a new design for YL to match that? The TP designs aren't too far off the OOT/MM designs, they could update YL with extra details and he'd fit right in with the other Zelda characters.
That's exactly what i think! Young Link will be more detailed than even his Hyrule Warriors model.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Now that Majora's Mask 3D is out (which, from what I've read, has been hugely successful) and that Hyrule Warriors has Majora's Mask DLC, I can certainly see Young Link being a quick and easy shoo-in for Smash. In terms of power and speed, I could see him being a cross between Toon Link and Adult Link.

If Young Link does make it in Smash 4, I think it would be cool if his Final Smash involved his Fierce Deity mask. It could be very similar to Triforce Slash, except the opponent is bound by dark energy. Also, during the final smash, Young Link could have Adult Link's voice from Ocarina of Time.

As for taunts, besides the Milk Bottle, it would be cool if the Keaton Mask and the Ocarina were used. Similar to Lucina, Young Link could put on the Keaton Mask, then remove it. For the Ocarina, Young Link could randomly play one of the tunes from Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask.

Last edited:

DanesoulX

Smash Cadet
Now that Majora's Mask 3D is out (which, from what I've read, has been hugely successful) and that Hyrule Warriors has Majora's Mask DLC, I can certainly see Young Link being a quick and easy shoo-in for Smash. In terms of power and speed, I could see him being a cross between Toon Link and Adult Link.

If Young Link does make it in Smash 4, I think it would be cool if his Final Smash involved his Fierce Deity mask. It could be very similar to Triforce Slash, except the opponent is bound by dark energy. Also, during the final smash, Young Link could have Adult Link's voice from Ocarina of Time.

As for taunts, besides the Milk Bottle, it would be cool if the Keaton Mask and the Ocarina were used. Similar to Lucina, Young Link could put on the Keaton Mask, then remove it. For the Ocarina, Young Link could randomly play one of the tunes from Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask.
I agree with you 100% I can totally see this happening now!

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
That's what I think about all 3 veteran clones. Pichu, Roy (I'll wait til he's officially announced if he is), and Young Link would be very easy inclusions which would make lots of fans happy and Nintendo would be stupid if they don't take the chance to make such easy money. If we assume that Roy is really in (I'd be sooo freakin happy bout that btw) then Young Link has to be in. He is very popular thanks to MM3D, OoT 3D and Hyrule Warriors again and he is a Zelda character which is a beloved franchise. That'd totally make sense. I'm hoping that if he gets in, he gets a Final Smash which is different to the one Link and Tink have.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

There is a problem with Fierce Deity Link as a Final Smash is that all of Young Link moves would have to involved his two handed Kokiri Sword and for his B moves to work with Firece Deity other wise it won't work because then Young Link is then 2 characters and won't work on the 3ds much like other transformation characters (i.e. Zelda and Shiek). The only other option is some sort of cinematic final smash like Shulk's where Young Link traps the opponent before turn in Fierce Deity and Slash the Moon in half like in Hyrule Warriors. Just my thoughts.

With the new leak around and Roy coming back, it's giving me a bit of hope for Young Link joining as DLC too!
DLC is going to be big and hype-worthy now.
You are right. If Roy comes back, there is absolutely no excuse why Young Link can't come back. People complain about there being 3 Links yet they would be fine with 3 Marths?

Altais

Smash Champion
There is a problem with Fierce Deity Link as a Final Smash is that all of Young Link moves would have to involved his two handed Kokiri Sword and for his B moves to work with Firece Deity other wise it won't work because then Young Link is then 2 characters and won't work on the 3ds much like other transformation characters (i.e. Zelda and Shiek). The only other option is some sort of cinematic final smash like Shulk's where Young Link traps the opponent before turn in Fierce Deity and Slash the Moon in half like in Hyrule Warriors. Just my thoughts.
Yikes, I totally did not think about the 3DS hardware limitations. Changing Young Link's form in the middle of the final smash could cause some problems.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yikes, I totally did not think about the 3DS hardware limitations. Changing Young Link's form in the middle of the final smash could cause some problems.
Not so much his more rather his moves. This is kind of the reason why pokemon trainer and Zelda+Shiek tag team weren't in Smash 4. Unlike Little Mac or Bowser final smash, where while they do change forms in a way, their moves stay the same not matter what.

DanesoulX

Smash Cadet
Young Link could do a brief transformation like Mewtwo,Lucario or Ganondorf to unleash a devastating attack in his Fierce Deity form or maybe pull a Bowser type of transformation where his moveset stays the same.

Altais

Smash Champion
Young Link could do a brief transformation like Mewtwo,Lucario or Ganondorf to unleash a devastating attack in his Fierce Deity form or maybe pull a Bowser type of transformation where his moveset stays the same.
That's basically what I meant in mine original post. What I was trying to say was, Young Link's final smash could be exactly like Triforce Slash, only he briefly turns into Fierce Deity Link when he does the cutting, and in place of the Triforce would be a shroud of dark energy, or that bluish-white energy that he shoots from his sword in Majora's Mask. Immediately after the Final Smash, Young Link will revert back to his original form.

Top Bottom