• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
WE MOSTLY PLAY PM IN DFW AT THIS POINT!

YOU CAN FIND CONSISTENT UPDATES FOR OUR COMMUNITY IN THE DFW MELEE GROUP ON FACEBOOK, WHICH CAN BE FOUND HERE: https://www.facebook.com/groups/350398944989752/

THIS POST BROUGHT TO YOU BY CAPS LOCK™ - IT'S CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.

Kitty >^.^<

Skittles =^.^=

These are the Forth Worth mascots. Learn to love them, they're staying here as long as Infinity has control of this thread :p

Welcome to Funky Town, Texas! We are a group of Smash players currently trying to revitalize the community in the DFW metroplex. If you need to know anything about our players, activities, or events check out the sections below and you'll find everything you need. We're an awesome group of people who like to have a fun, so drop on by and come hang out with the coolest cats in Texas!

Fort Worth Facebook Group - 'The Core'
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_192749750736055&ap=1

Last edited:

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Holy **** it's Tyson :)
Thanks for the revamp Kovu.
We needed it.
Answer my phone calls so we can meet up and discuss some things about the future plans I have in store.

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
I do have 1 house rule.

No elitism-like attitude.

Meaning, no claiming that others are afraid to play you, no irl taunting.

At my fests, you don't play to win. You play to have fun. Got it?

If I sense ANY form of negativity, you will asked to be removed with no warning.

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
Exactly.

anyways, thanks for stoppin' by Porblem2. I now have someone for the MK M-U.

Apologies for not informing ALSM about it, with me being sick I totally forgot. XD

Denti

Smash Master
[

Fort Worth is known as The Valley of the Dead players, according to UTDZac.(******wad)
no he ****in didn't.... oh god ****it someone is guna die, if anything dallas is dieing and forth is getting life! *****es get crunk lets ****ing shred their *******s :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

rofl.

I think i'll be able to make that smashfest on Saturday guys. is there a phone number where i can RSVP? I can bring a setup also. If fortworth is serious I'm down for hosting my own bi weekly smashfest in my garage where my setup is XD is anyone is interested lolz

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
I have a major update if you are planning to go to my Smashfest tonight.

When I posted the date of the Smashfest, I had forgotten that I had major plans that I must give my undivided attention to today.

Therefore, the smashfest has been moved to Next Friday at 6 PM. This will give you enough time to practice up against the "Scrubs" of my family.

If you are planning on going, my sincere apologies. I have memory issues.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I"m probably going to bring my TV for SeriousCat's smashfest...for some odd reason the lag is kinda annoying....cus I can't seem to play correctly. No offense lol

My buddy neal and I will show up around 1 or 2pm because we're going to arlington to take care of some business, then we'll stop by (WITH OUR CONTROLLERS LOL NO CONTROLLER JOHNS haha) and join you guys.

We are bringing Melee and Marvel Vs Capcom 2 for those who want to play those as well :)

And yeah I kinda agree with Denti :)
Fort Worth is where it's at for your brawl needs :-o

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I have a major update if you are planning to go to my Smashfest tonight.

When I posted the date of the Smashfest, I had forgotten that I had major plans that I must give my undivided attention to today.

Therefore, the smashfest has been moved to Next Friday at 6 PM. This will give you enough time to practice up against the "Scrubs" of my family.

If you are planning on going, my sincere apologies. I have memory issues.
haha, so glad I didn't try to go then lol. I don't know if I'm going next weekend. I'm supposed to go on a trip next weekend, but it's not panning out so well.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
no he ****in didn't.... oh god ****it someone is guna die, if anything dallas is dieing and forth is getting life! *****es get crunk lets ****ing shred their *******s :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

rofl.

I think i'll be able to make that smashfest on Saturday guys. is there a phone number where i can RSVP? I can bring a setup also. If fortworth is serious I'm down for hosting my own bi weekly smashfest in my garage where my setup is XD is anyone is interested lolz
I'm interested.

Denti

Smash Master
fortworth is getting crunkalicious? yea that's right *****

so if i held a smashfest at 5112 leeray rd keller tx 76248 would anyone be interested in coming? I'd only hold one if a good 6+ people show.. there will be money matches! lol

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Vids from SrsC@'s Smashfest:

Infinity (Diddy) and SrsC@ (R.O.B.) vs. Zane and ALSM (Double Link)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmj2Rs5Fb2I

Infinity (Bowser) and SrsC@ (Peach) vs. SaiTo (MK) and DMP (Wario)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIDfJURO9GM

Infinity (Samus) and SrsC@ (R.O.B.) vs. SaiTo (Mario) and DMP (Snake)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGSu4GtBMRU

Batou (Snake) vs. SrsC@ (Mario)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMgEUUmL7Yo

Zane (Green Link) vs. ALSM (Dark Link)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA79fGpQ03U

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
Btw, I most likely will not be attending Sanji's Smashfest, for I am having my own as usual, with DMP, Ken, and Freze.

If I can get them to go to Sanji's with me, then it's possible.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Why not alternate the schedule between us, Kovu? Depending on how this smashfest goes, I may hold them twice a month on Fridays barring major events. This smashfest is only a pilot program on how well I can host them.

With that I do have a couple of announcements that are related to the Smashfest tomorrow.

1. My friend and SNK lover Dark Geese has given a "Maybe" confirmation that he will attend the party tomorrow. The next time I see him online I will try to get a final confirmation. If he does attend, I will make an effort to get two TVs set up. One for his games and the other only for Smash. I'm sorry for the hassle, but my apartment is small. I can try to accommodate for a third, but it all depends on if you bring one or not.

2. If you guys want to chip in for a pizza, that is fine by me. Just let me order it. I know the numbers to the local pizza joints.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Why not alternate the schedule between us, Kovu? Depending on how this smashfest goes, I may hold them twice a month on Fridays barring major events. This smashfest is only a pilot program on how well I can host them.

With that I do have a couple of announcements that are related to the Smashfest tomorrow.

1. My friend and SNK lover Dark Geese has given a "Maybe" confirmation that he will attend the party tomorrow. The next time I see him online I will try to get a final confirmation. If he does attend, I will make an effort to get two TVs set up. One for his games and the other only for Smash. I'm sorry for the hassle, but my apartment is small. I can try to accommodate for a third, but it all depends on if you bring one or not.

2. If you guys want to chip in for a pizza, that is fine by me. Just let me order it. I know the numbers to the local pizza joints.
That doesn't sound like a bad idea.....give people two different places to spend their friday nights for brawl. I certainly don't mind due to Kovu's....lol...um....people that live there.

With you living in Azle, it's quite the drive but if we make this serious enough anyone will want to make the drive. Besides it's got nice scenery there as well and his place is far bigger than most of our apartment's we live in.

Good news though, my mechanic situation is fixed so I'll be able to drive my car before A-kon hopefully. Money is a serious issue for all of us.....so I gotta do it right or be broke for akon as well. The business proposition however is at a standstill...I hate waiting on results especially if we didn't get the **** loan. That's time wasted on other things I can be doing like showing up to more smashfests.

Expect a phone call from me today SeriousCat for I have to visit you via Akon pass :)

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Hey guys, I'm heading for Phase 8 and Hobo 24 next month. Who else is going? Also, I won't be able to go to Sanji"s today; Girlfriend johns. =) However, I might stop at Kovu's for a bit since he lives right across from me. Seriously.
And speaking of being serious...... Nate, I hope you're able to go to Hobo 24. *crosses fingers*

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I'm going to be hosting smashfests in preparation for Phase 8. I'll be sure to announce them at least a day ahead of time. My smashfests can happen any day of the week. I'll let you know. My address once again:
3481 South Hills Ave. Fort Worth, TX 76119 Apt #2052
Upon entering, go to the right, around the corner going left, keep straight and park at the end (closed gates). My apartment lies in that area of the complex.

I'll have at least one setup, so please bring a full tv, wii, and brawl disk if you want to get another setup going.

Suggestions/Rules:
1. When doing singles or doubles, see if you can help players out through critiquing and constructive criticism <- (eh, this word too strong?). If you notice patterns your opponent does that gets him/her punished be sure to point that out, so they can learn from it and thus improve.

2. I had an idea in mind, inspired by Infinity, in which the winner/s will pass the stick/s and the losers of the match will keep playing. The idea behind this is so that the loser gets more experience and eventually figure out what they keep doing wrong, therefore helping the less skilled player improve quicker to reach the level of the better players. If the loser has played everyone in consecutive order, then the "Wobbles rule" will be instituted and the loser will pass the stick to the next player.

3. BYOC - obvious statement is obvious. There's should be no reason not have your own controller. If you forget yours, then kindly ask someone to borrow their controller, and remember, if you do this..... NO CONTROLLER JOHNS. NEXT TIME BYOC, NUB. lol

4. Stay in the living room. Bedroom will be closed and off limits. The bathroom and kitchen are open to the players, however.

5. Common Sense and Common Courtesy. Use it.

If enough people come to this, I will start hosting $1 tournies. Winner take all.

ADD TO OP, PLEASE AND THANK YOU. =)

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys, here's the deal.

As most of you know, I've been maining Snake since April of '08-ish.

Since then, I've shown only little improvement, which makes me very disappointed in myself. Hell I never considered myself part of the Smash community until Phase 2. I usually get dead last at tournemnts, with the exception of Phase 5 were I managed to advance one set in the Losers' Bracket.

I don't feel as if I'm smart enough, nor fast enough with Snake. I know alot of tips and tricks, but for some reason it's hard for me to actually incorporate them into my gameplay. I'm predictable, I suck at reading my opponent, I suck at mindgames.

On occasion, I play ALSM's Snake. He's incredible with him, I'm not gonna lie. Thinks fast, clever, etc. I always ask myself, "Why the **** can't I be like that? Snake isn't even his main for God's sake."

My camp game is terrible, my up close game is terrible, blah blah blah.

So I've been thinking, if I go to both Phase 8 and Hobo 24 and don't place any higher than last place, I might drop Snake as my main.

Top Bottom