• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I'm going to be attending a class in Dallas through my company Oct 28-Nov 8. I was wondering if there was anyone in the area that would be down to smash! Not sure what my means of transportation will be yet, most likely just public transit. I'll be staying a Hawthorne Suites, which I assume is pretty close to the middle of Dallas.
If you take public transport, give me a call. I take it all the time here in fort worth, with occasional trips in Dallas. Oracle should have my number.

Could anyone here house me for WHOBO 5? I may have to megabus in from Memphis, whose buses only go to Dallas/Fort Worth so if someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.
I assume that you don't have the funds to buy another ticket from DFW to Houston?

Neon!

Smash Lord
I'm currently working on a Breaking Bad PR that is going to look AMAZING!

I need for members of the PR to tell me which characters from the show they want next to their name.

(The final order has not been decided yet, 10 members total)

Denti - WW
Infinity- Hank
Dakpo- Marie
AeroLink- Jesse
Melee1- Saul
Neon - Jane
Kbot- Gus
Luck- Mike
Sorg- Walt Jr.
Batou- Huell

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Online registration ends October 9th. This means you have 6 days to take care of everything online. If you fail to do so, not only will venue fee go up but you will have to buy all your events in person and you will not be seeded in pools. You will just be thrown in at random.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
if there are any tournaments in the near future that anyone is going to, let me know and ill join the carpool. I want to travel more to gain experience for apex 2014

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Dfw and Houston has been powerhouses for brawl for a long time. Houston has won the last battle, but we are much better than most communities on the map. We have a lot of potential and have made our own marks in the brawl world.

In fact, you get used to hearing the trash talk. Who cares? We still have some of the best players ive ever seen. I may not be the best player, but Ill gladly step up to defend these walls marked the dfw anytime. I just wont be doing it by sh-t talking on the forums.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Well the thing is, we don't get together and play much anymore. Gucci is the only one who I play with on a regular basis. I'm saying we should host smashfests again (for those who can).
I'm pretty much gonna do hardcore wifi. I definitely wanna do better for the next Apocalypse tournament. I felt like I underperformed and I am tired of it. I'm done main hopping, and I'm just gonna stick to the one character that I've had the most sucess with and put the most time into (Link excluded). WHOBO 5 means nothing to me now except for the Low Tier Doubles event, and if anything, I want to win that. Illmatic and I can do it. :)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Today is the last day to register online for WHOBO 5. You have 9 hours to take care of this. Yes you can register AT the event but the venue fee will jump. I recommend that if you are low on money at the moment, pay for the venue fee now and sign up for 1vs1/2vs2/side events at the door (those fees wont rise). You can register for WHOBO 5 herehttp://airbrushking.net/tournaments/whobo5

To prevent any registration problems, please bring your confirmation email/receipt. If you are paying for someone else, definitely bring it so that if there are issues with registration it wont screw over the person you paid for. Trust me on this, you are gonna wanna bringa thisa.

If you are in need of free or mega cheap housing housing, please make a post in the Houston thread http://smashboards.com/threads/houston-thread-whobo-5-mk-banned-october-19-20th-2013.142123/ the WHOBO FaceBookgroup https://www.facebook.com/events/384791671639249/ the official WHOBO 5 thread http://smashboards.com/threads/whob...tx-500-pot-bonus-bomber-vs-tx-1000-mm.336437/or maybe even the AiB page http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14183 because Sync and Esca are willing to help house people. You might be able split hotel rooms with other players as well. Just ask.

One last thing and ill leave you alone. Please bring a full set-up to WHOBO 5. Wii/n64/tv/ssb64/ssbb/ssbm we need them all. Whether this event has 5 people or 500, the speed of an event is determined by the number of set-ups available. If we have a low amount of set-ups, i will not allow friendlies the entire weekend because the event progress is more important that you losing to my Samus in friendlies/MMs. If you want friendlies/MM time, please help me out by bringing set-ups.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Denti, are you gonna still be at UNT 2 years from now? (2015-2016)? Cause that's where I'm heading when I start my junior year in high school.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
**yes this is a copy and paste message. if i had the kind of time then i would be playing P:M lol **
yo everyone hows it goin? hate to be "THAT GUY" to network OKLAHOMA but we really dont do many...(or any) tourneys at all. this one is special due to our late friend Solidus.

the second installment of our SUPER BIT WARS will be taking place on November 30th. we had an amazing turnout last year( http://www.smashboards.com/threads/...al-tournament-norman-ok.309453/#post-13231605 ) With a good showing from Kansas/arkansas/tennessee/texas

This Year we have some different fighters in the lineup. we have interest from Denti and Infinity. it is early so i wanna get the word out ASAP. the Facebook event link will be at the bottom here. there will be a smashboards thread as soon as we get all the info finalized. hit me up on facebook (Josh Currier) or on here for more info.

https://www.facebook.com/events/211600215685116/211965385648599/?notif_t=event_mall_reply

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
SPECTACULAR!

good to see people showing interest so early. we are working diligently in the background to get all the specifics straight.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
I remember solidus.
I think he and his gf died?
Tragic :(
Is super bit wars soon or has already passed?
yes. they tragically died in a car wreck in Texas on their way to AZ. was going to meet his GFs father for the first time :'(

he had SBW in the works before it happend. it was going to be his first big main tourney

Top Bottom