• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Well... Since MatDotZeb seems to experience difficulties with Ohana's organization, I was hoping to see another big event announced because I don't wanna come to the US and not attend a big tournament.
But with this, I'm really likely to be there, and I think it will be the same for many other Europeans since they planned to go to Ohana.

This summer looks good =D

idea

Smash Master
it'd be pretty funny if this somehow pushed back ohana. favouritism =P

i predict 300+ people. i forget, what was the biggest tournament so far? oc3?

Slhoka

Smash Lord
it'd be pretty funny if this somehow pushed back ohana. favouritism =P

i predict 300+ people. i forget, what was the biggest tournament so far? oc3?
As far as I know :

1. Axis : 303 attendants (Brawl)
2. EVO 2007 : ≈270 attendants (Melee)
3. FCD : 256 attendants (Melee)
4. ESA2 : 231 attendants (Melee)
5. Pound 3 : 224 attendants (Melee)

OC3 may be in the top five, I'm not really sure.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Montreal has started planning for this. When you release more info, please let us know what airports are most convenient for arriving at to get to the tournament, and which ones you would recommend for lowest air fares.

sidefx

Smash Champion
Montreal has started planning for this. When you release more info, please let us know what airports are most convenient for arriving at to get to the tournament, and which ones you would recommend for lowest air fares.
we will formally announce airport and transportation info soon. Oakland International looks like it would be closest and easiest. BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) is connected to Oakland International and goes straight to Antioch. So does San Francisco International but that is more expensive. San Jose International is also an option but is 1.5 hours south of the venue, and has no access to BART, so unless you have a ride situation from San Jose, dont use that one (but it is cheap as well)

seigehyland

Smash Ace
holy hell....hey guys...im in iraq right now...but i get back JUUUUUUUUUST in time for this. save a seat for me. cuz im busting out the new main. and its gunna be crazy....

Dans the man

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
lol, driving from EC is such a bad idea unless we like, rent a double decker bus and have a bunch of smash setups throughout the whole bus

driving from the east is a great idea, let's rent a double decker bus and have a bunch of smash setups throughout the whole bus.
is it possible to rent a double decker bus? like seriously, i would be down. LMFAO

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i'm in on the double decker idea. i think you need a bus license though. we could just rent a luxury bus + driver. either way ppl who are SERIOUS about the bus idea give me a hollar on aim: "The Mana Lord"

Niko_K

Smash Master
We need a nice double decker, and we need power converters so we can melee/brawl on the way there.

Were serious about this by the way...

pockyD

Smash Legend
you guys are dumb

the opportunity cost of spending 8 days on a bus ruins the money you save by not flying

and while it probably sounds fun, on the second day of your drive back, you will definitely be having regrets

of course you're probably all joking anyway, but i'm sure someone will read it and take it seriously

edit: wow, two people explicitly said they were serious about this... lol

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
We need a nice double decker, and we need power converters so we can melee/brawl on the way there.

Were serious about this by the way...
Just so people know, this is like 40 some-odd hours of driving (from like, Philly or DC). It would be seriously unbelievably epic to make the dream of the smashbus come true, but we're talking about essentially leaving on a Wednesday morning for a weekend tourney (LOL) and getting back mad late on like, Tuesday the next week.

This is the best idea ever :).

EDIT: 40 some-odd hours EACH WAY.

EDIT EDIT: this is also assuming NON-STOP driving each way, which would require 2 drivers at the very least etc.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Thats awesome if you think about it. We can get power converters and have a ton of awesome smashers, smashing all the way there and back.

It's like a VIP bus.

Seriously it sounds like too much fun. You're talking to the guy who greyhounded alone to Ottawa and slept in a field to attend a tournament.

The bus sounds like an awesome alternative.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Thats awesome if you think about it. We can get power converters and have a ton of awesome smashers, smashing all the way there and back.

It's like a VIP bus.

Seriously it sounds like too much fun. You're talking to the guy who greyhounded alone to Ottawa and slept in a field to attend a tournament.

The bus sounds like an awesome alternative.
sounds like you should get a job

seriously, spend those 6 travel days working, buy a plane ticket, and enjoy the $500 you have left over

edit: use it to not sleep in fields

Spife

Smash Master
Pock, don't be hating on the ECRB (East Coast **** Bus)
I support the idea, as bad as it is, that would be like...over 150 hours of smash me thinks >____>

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I mean, if people want to do it, it's their decision, but ECers, this isn't like we're going to Ohio or something where a smash bus would be an awesome idea, this is like, 4-5 times further away. At first I thought it might be a pretty cool idea, but like, after thinking about how much time I'd have to take off from work and being on a bus with smashers for 80+ hours within a week etc, the reality is that this isn't a good idea for this tourney.

So... midwest, get on it, make a huge tourney that will make the smash bus a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom