• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cyn's Sh*t

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Hi. I make things, except not really. My style (like many) revolves around taking the work of others and applying my own personal touch to it. That said, there's a plethora of dusty old mods on the Vault that are charmingly quirky and happen to be compatible with whatever pops into my head. Many of them happen to be model swaps or mashups, and I first started out by applying Smash 3 textures to them. I've only released a few but if you've seen me elsewhere in this forum, you'll know that I have a number of things cooking...some awesome and others nightmarish. You'll understand as I go along.
I'm also fond of mini PSAs.

I take inspiration from the likes of Jack H, nudolf, and Oizen. They've all made fantastic stuff but appear to have slowed down or retired from the modding scene. In a sense, I seek to carry on (and possibly restore) their work. Wario Kong, for example.

Additionally, I don't take requests as of now but can possibly give you a hand with a thing or two. I'm no Nano, Theytah, KJP, or any of the other big guys around here so don't expect a miracle as my skills and knowledge are rather specific at this time. Questions not pertaining to my work are welcome as well, but keep them relevant to the topic of customization. Banter and nonsense are welcome too so long as you're clever enough to feed my brain.

My goal here is to become just another thread in the custom content forum with its own unique flavor and atmosphere.

STUFFand things
Rainbow Skins
My first major project. Depending on the model, the effect can be either a pain or a breeze to apply. Though they may not be all that special compared to some of the more professional works around here, I'm still very proud of them. (CSPs made with BrawlBox)

HD CSPs for Dolphin's Custom Texture Loader
The Dolphin emulator has a nifty little function that allows for custom textures to be loaded by ID. This allows for much higher resolution eye candy to gazed upon while playing your game, and is also far less annoying to fiddle with than manually changing the textures in the game files. An example of the difference in size can be seen below.

From this:

To this:

Nanobuds rendered this little lovely. He used to have a CSP project going on, but he lost his files at one point and decided to stop afterwards. I took the liberty of making his work suitable for Dolphin as he went along. You can find everything he's worked on in the hoard, as well as a few of my personal Dolphin goods. My skills have drastically improved since then, and the majority of Nano's stocks I made could be massively improved at this point. Maybe some day.

Smash 3 nonsense

Simple. Just apply Smash 3 textures to models that use Brawl's (however horrifying they may be,) then rimlight the model following Edel's guide...easier said than done sometimes. GanoFal was my first product of this culmination.

Last edited:

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
FIRST!:yeahboi: jk

Since you have your very own home now, I'd like to say thanks for making a 3.6 gct with alts on every stage using M2000s thingy. It makes it a ton easier to not have to move a bunch of stages around.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Next I'll tackle the PM alts for a rainbow expansion pack. Pre order now and get half-baked glitch-ridden garbage.
ScreenCapture0.png

D

Deleted member

I put every one of these in my Minus build and the effects were odd. The first time I would pause the game and move the camera in a match, the game would lag. Also, my controller would stop working in different places randomly. These things would happen regardless of if one of the rainbow textures were in the match.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I put every one of these in my Minus build and the effects were odd. The first time I would pause the game and move the camera in a match, the game would lag. Also, my controller would stop working in different places randomly. These things would happen regardless of if one of the rainbow textures were in the match.
Thats odd, I have the files, checked both the .pac in game and on BB. There is nothing that changes movesets or models that I've verified. The memory load is lesser than others since its all black textures with a rainbow spec.

No glitches so far either...

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Does the rainbow thing work well with a white base? In my mind that looks better than black, but I assume it either doesn't work right or doesn't look good, since you opted for black.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Thats odd, I have the files, checked both the .pac in game and on BB. There is nothing that changes movesets or models that I've verified. The memory load is lesser than others since its all black textures with a rainbow spec.

What Edel said. Although a few of the models don't have entirely black textures. I skipped that part once I found my new method. I could clean up a number of them and make it all completely optimized, but meh. Regardless, nothing should be wrong.
Does the rainbow thing work well with a white base? In my mind that looks better than black, but I assume it either doesn't work right or doesn't look good, since you opted for black.
It doesn't look good.
ScreenCapture2.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Minus Build I had been using was going to be a sort of Brawl Shock/Legacy M type thing, where I look around for awesome or weird stuff to put in the game. So I see that Cyn finished his Rainbow pack, and I think "This could be nice."
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9dqia431z1qbzfj/The_Glitch_Build.zip
It wasn't.

Cynapse

Smash Ace

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
The whole pack would work nicely as replacements for the Project Emerald that NintenNess was working on. Unfortunately he hasn't updated it for 3.6 but I bet I can rip the code and put it in a vanilla GCT. There's a thought.
I thought of this too, PyotrLuzhin did work on making the code compatible with 3.6 but its only in v1

D

Deleted member

I don't even wanna think about what may be in there. So I guess the rainbow effect doesn't work so well outside of PM or vBrawl?
Nothing much is in there. We've got Penguin Mario, GanoFal, Classic Link, Quickdraw MK, some cool looking Sheik skin, Steampunk Wario, Lord Ike, Boom Sonic...
On second thought, you're right. Don't get it.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
I thought of this too, PyotrLuzhin did work on making the code compatible with 3.6 but its only in v1
I got it to work! Though the new code makes it so that the FitCharDark slot changes colors. Doesn't look so good with my skins. Gonna have to try the original version. It also borked my personal ASL so that'll have to be redone.
00000000-15.png

Edit: The old code from 3.02 yields the same effect. I mistakenly thought it just summoned the Dark slots without the color cycling. I haven't the slightest idea which chunk of the code dictates that or how to turn it off.

Ah well. Back to the alts.

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
With experimentation and some guidance from the great M2000, I've figured out how to correct transparencies in metals!
Before left, after right. The uncorrected left side looks better for the purpose of "metal," but the right adds a mark of quality.
Screenshot (26).png

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
D

Deleted member

The glitch build seems to be corrupted, as it isn't opening. Looks like the build is true to its name.
It must be either Pin Clock or Cyn. No one can know. They're probably driving to my house right now to destroy any sort of evidence.

AND ANYONE WHO HAS SEEN IT.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
It must be either Pin Clock or Cyn. No one can know. They're probably driving to my house right now to destroy any sort of evidence.

AND ANYONE WHO HAS SEEN IT.
Huh. Looks like all the Kung fu I learnt by watching badly dubbed Chinese action flicks will come in handy after all.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
I couldn't care less about award shows, but someone at the Oscars made a point about the boons and overall purpose of creativity — making things.

I'm not creative. I cannot draw. My best attempts at traditional art are abstract. Not one of my creations in this community is entirely original; my rainbow texture came from a mod that I can no longer locate on the Vault and it turns out all of my obscure socio-econ thoughts were already coined by people long-dead.

To be entirely honest I have far too much free time, and it's not exactly the good kind. However since haphazardly joining the mod community, I must say that I have enjoyed delving into a pastime that has been a pleasant outlet away from my non-standard life.

My stuff may be weird, repetitive, and uninspired but thus far it has been a joy to create them for and with you all. Cheers.

(and to the newcomers: read far more than you think you should and explore a new thread before asking a question...examine the files of the game you downloaded called PM—they're right there and it never hurts to look; that's why this game and sub forum exist in the first place!)

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Thanks for sharing man! I started modding and putting stuff in my build because it's a way to connect with others and self express. Not only with you guys, but to my friends that play Smash and at my local scenes. I have a grand time coming up with little things to make that I put in my build. It's also nice figuring out my work values and how I'm profficient when working on projects.

Although this is just a hobby for me for the time being, it's allowed me to connect with others in more ways than one. We're all trying to figure out who we are, and this has certainly been a terrific outlet for my creative endeavors. So thanks to you all :D

Cynapse

Smash Ace
So I thought I learned how to correct metal transparencies, but evidently my method for doing so isn't applicable to every object that could use it.

Also I figured out how to give G&W's stuff the rainbow, but he has 200+ objects that need adjusted. **** that.

Edit: Armor Mewtwo's eyes and visor were a hassle.
00000000-16.png

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Here's a fun little vertex. Wanna remove the extra straps but that would likely require learning an entirely new program.
00000000-19.png

Top Bottom