• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Youtube Thumnails

Thomas Johnson

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, just a quick question on the custom Youtube thumbnails I see on some of the bigger channels. I'm wondering where they get the nice cutouts of all the characters you see in their thumbnails.
http://imgur.com/Ubay8iM
Like the Fox and Ice Climbers here. I'd like to make my own custom thumbnails, and would like to have the characters in them. Anybody have leads on where I can get some of these images?

Last edited:

drew1212

Smash Rookie
Just search, for example, melee fox png and melee ice climbers png. Then (personally, i use google drawings) make the rest of the thumbnail by using simple rectangles at the top and bottom, and add dates, names, etc. Hope this helps!

- Drew :joyful::joyful::joyful:

Thomas Johnson

Smash Cadet
Just search, for example, melee fox png and melee ice climbers png. Then (personally, i use google drawings) make the rest of the thumbnail by using simple rectangles at the top and bottom, and add dates, names, etc. Hope this helps!

- Drew :joyful::joyful::joyful:
Thanks Drew. Adding PNG to the search really optimizes it. I appreciate the advice!

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
There's a code for Dolphin that makes it easy to cut out characters in Photoshop, I can send you it once I get home.

Top Bottom