• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crono From Chrono Trigger for SSB4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
It is really hard when they remind you that everyone I knew is dead or lost his memory at a point that it's not even the same character anymore
I haven't played Cross in a VERY long time, but the fact that it plays with alternate dimensions means that the Chrono and friends you actually played may not be dead. In fact, I think towards the end you can over hear some transmissions from another dimension that is supposed to be that prime dimension. I would have liked to see how Xenogears would have connected to the series if it had ended up being Chrono Trigger 2 as originally planned.

You know, not that it has any chance of happening, but I actually think both Frog and Magus would be more fun to play as in Smash then Chrono....

I also wonder if we could maybe get some Chrono Trigger music in if a Final Fantasy Rep made it in. I mean, FF has amazing music on it's own, but I don't think anyone would complain if some songs from related franchises make it in.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I think it actually helped that I played Chrono Cross before playing Chrono Trigger. I was never into RPGs until the latter part of the PS1 era, so I missed out on Trigger the first time around. By the time I played the Chrono Trigger port on the PS1, I had already beaten Cross multiple times and it had become one of my favorite games. Since I didn't come into Cross with any expectations or knowledge of the story, nothing was ruined for me. Now that I've played both, I agree that Trigger was the better game, but both were extremely fun in their own ways.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I don't think there is a single redeeming feature in Cross, it destroyed the plot that Trigger had acomplished(Evil Masamune, Lavos is alive, killing the main 3 protagonists, fall of Guardia for no reason), but I would have forgot all of this if they had resolved Magus and Schala story, Magus lost all of his memories, Schala dies and the worst part is that Schala sent her clone to help Serge, you know, instead of helping crying Magus of 600 a.d. Btw, what are even Serge motivations?
He simply drowned in that other universe, it isn't suspect when he was a kid of 6 years old when that happened!
...what the hell

did you even bother playing Radical Dreamers? The three games are all dang good. It's a spiritual successor, and there was plenty accomplished through-out the whole series while at the same time it's a plot where the future citizens in the world all wonder if it ever happened, like a sort of myth or fable.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Funny how this thread comes back to life as soon as I started playing Chrono Trigger again. :rolleyes:

About Cross, I haven't fully played through it but I do really love the atmosphere and music of it. The plot on the other hand, seems to show that Masato Kato bit more off than he could chew.

A site known was socksmakepeoplesexy did an interesting write up about it: http://socksmakepeoplesexy.net/index.php?a=cross

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
I hate how I am least interested in the main character in almost every game. Chrono would be awesome. But you know what would even more awesome? Marle, Lucca, Frog, Robo, Ayla, and Magus. Marle seems like the only one potentially more boring than Chrono, but her spunk and and "more volume wins" attitude makes her stand out. The problem with Chrono is that he is a silent protagonist, and while still badass, is simply less developed and less distinguished than his comrades.

Honestly, I can picture Ayla being super broken. Speed of spacies and power of Bowser. Running on all 4's comboing everyone, everyday.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Yes. I support. Cause if Crono was playable, you'd have Chrono Trigger music in smash. And maybe an AT. And maybe a final smash which involves a random party of three flying the Epoch into the arena all jumping out doing moves that do different things.

A man can dream.

Also, Cross was a really fun game, just not a good storyline sequel. Not a bad mechanical sequel though. Sadly I'd rather have less and more directed characters with more double and triple techs. The double techs were so random in that game.

And honestly making a sequel to Chrono Trigger whether it be Xenogears or Cross without Akira Toriyama's simple yet awesome style is just not going to be a good artistic sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom