• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crono From Chrono Trigger for SSB4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
We've heard a lot of different third party character discussed. Many from a little company called Square Enix. And out of all the characters discussed, I have yet to see a thread for the greatest RPG hero of the SNES generation (and perhaps any generation for that matter). There's been a series discussion for his game, but not for the lead protagonist himself. The game itself has often been called one of the greatest games of all time. And that hero's name is...
Crono2.jpg

Crono for Smash 4!

He's very, very, very unlikely to make it in the game for variety of reasons, most of which you probably already know. His series hasn't had a release since 2000. Square Enix and Nintendo have not been best buddies for awhile. He hasn't starred in a game since 1995. All these are true.

But much like the RPG heroes of his time, he responds to those concerns with no words. And resumes the fight. He never gives up, and neither should any of his fans. He's overcome death itself (with the help of his friends), so likelihood will not stand in his way either.

What is and who is Crono?
Chrono Trigger is a SNES RPG developed by Square that was released in 1995. Created by something of a "dream team" of designers, Hironobu Sakaguchi (creator of Final Fantasy), Yūji Horii (creator of Dragon Quest), and Akira Toriyama (Creator of Dragon Ball). The team also included Nobuo Uematsu, Kazuhiko Aoki, Yasunori Mitsuda, and Masato Kato, among others. The game is about a group of heroes from different eras in time coming together to prevent the end of the world. Revolutionary for its multiple endings, different battle system, and characters, the game has been hailed as one of the greatest games all time, coming in 2nd in IGN's Readers' 2006 and 2008, 3rd in Gameradar's 2012 ranking, and made it onto TIME's and Gamespot Greatest Games of All Time lists. Crono's own popularity is unmatched. He has regularly ranked among the top characters in Gamefaqs Annual Character battle, even making it to the finals, only to be beat out by Nintendo's protagonists. The game's also available for Playstation, PSN, iOS, Android, and DS. So if you haven't played it yet, there are plenty of ways to play it today.

Crono is the silent protagonist of the game. The game takes place in 1000 AD, when Crono is seventeen years old and is friends with an inventor named Lucca. At the Millennial Fair (celebrating 1000 years of the Kingdom), Crono bumps into a girl named Marle at the fair. They become quick friends and go off to enjoy the fair together. Keeping a promise to Lucca, Crono helps Lucca test out the Telepod, in spite of its possible danger. An eager Marle asks to try it as well. However, when Marle tries it, she becomes lost in time. Crono follows after her, beginning his epic journey to save the world.

Crono's Style:

Based on his techs in the game. His element in SNES english version was Lightning. In the Japanese version it was Heaven. In the DS english version, it is Light.
Crono wields katannas as his sword of choice, contrasting all current Smash veterans. He also holds his sword much differently, wielding it with two hands over his shoulder. Most of his attacks will use two handed strikes. Like many lead protagonists, he is very well balanced as a character within the game. He is agile and quick, and specializes in running in, damaging the opponent, and running out.
Special Moves:
Special Neutral: Wind Slash. Crono slashes his sword along the ground, shooting out a shockwave that hits his enemies. It does little damage but can stun the opponent.
Special Side: Cyclone: Crono leaps and then spins around with his sword. It can continually be done to rack up damage, but doing for too long make Crono dizzy so he stops.
Special Up: Cleave: Crono jumps in the air very quickly, leaving after images behind him. And then he strikes his opponent with a broad slash, with electricity clearly present on his blade.
Special Down: Lightning II: Crono sheathes his sword and raises up his hands. He hovers a bit, and unleashes a lightning shockwave all around his body. Afterward, he goes back to the ground and takes out his sword. He can be hit when preparing for the move, interrupting the move.

Possible Final Smashes:
Luminaire: Crono puts away his sword, and raises his hand in the air. He hovers, and a large sphere of energy forms around him. The sphere goes down, knocking all opponents who were inside or around it into oblivion.

Delta Force: Chrono slashes at his opponents to start the move, whoever gets caught will almost be guaranteed to be ko'd. Marle and Lucca appear on stage. Lucca appear in the background of the stage, while Marle appear opposite of Crono Crono, Marle, and Lucca rise up in the air. Making a triangle of energy between each other, the triangle reaches up to the top of stage. So anyone above is also knocked out. The triangle flashes red (for fire), blue (for whater), and yellow (for lightning). It knocks the opponent after it turns yellow. It disappates and Marle and Lucca vanish from the stage both via a time warp (gate).

Reasons for Crono for Smash 4:
If you are looking for a Square Enix representative, look no further. One of the most popular characters in gaming, he's Square Enix's most popular non-Final Fantasy character (look at his standing at the gamefaqs character battles). And the other two more popular Square Enix characters (Cloud and Sephiroth) have made all their major appearances on a playstation. Chrono Trigger is one of the greatest games for the SNES. It's one of the last great games for the system, and arguably its greatest RPG (between it and FF6). Chrono Trigger will be forever known as SNES classic, and its most definitive version appears on the DS (with cutscenes, accurate translations, an extra dungeon, and one final ending that ties it to its sequel).

Aside from that, there is not many retro characters in need of more of a revival than Crono. His series is legendary, but has been looked over by its owners. Crono fits right into Smash's frantic style and matches up quite well with iconic counterparts like Link, Mario, and Mega Man. His legend and legacy is directly tied to Nintendo, and there is no better way to represent that than his presence in Smash.

Chrono Trigger Stage Ideas:

Millennial Fair: It's a celebration of the Kingdom's 1000 years. Come join in the festivities. There are tents for the various activities such as betting on the race or playing one of our games. But it's too busy for right now to join in those. However, Lucca's experimental telepod is exhibit you can visit.You can try it out, but I've been hearing it's been malfunctioning, especially the right one. It might take you to the other side, or it might take you and your friends some other place very, very far away... Some place not so nice...

Here's it's theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWKTcaxmqdU&list=PL21BAA7C6EDEB63A3
And the theme to the secret part of the stage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVOg1muoAko

The End of Time: A solid one platform stage perfect for competite fighting. There is just one light post, and a man name Gaspar waiting for you at the end of time. Be careful to not be too loud, as you might wake Gaspar up. On the left side there is just a normal square platform where the stage ends, but on the right side, there appears to be a bunch of stairs that also end at time's abyss. You better get comfortable; there's nothing to do at the end of time other than fight!
End of Time Theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIhfs7Fw-vE

Chrono Trigger Assist Trophy:

Frog:
He's a very loyal team member and will wait for you to take the lead. He'll follow the player who lets him out, and wait for them to attack. If the player successfully hits an opponent. Frog will follow through and stick his tongue to the opponent. He will use his tongue to bring the opponent closer, and hit them with a quick slash that can knock them out of the stage (based on Slurp Cut).

Chrono Trigger Item:

Chrono Trigger - It's an egg, so you should treat like an egg. Don't drop it until it's ready to hatch. if you do, nothing will happen. After a certain amount of time, the egg will glow, meaning it's ready to hatch. It can recover all your health if you throw it underneath you. Or you can throw it at your opponents, and unleash the ravages of time on them, possibly knocking them out.

Chrono's Victory

Victory Poses

Victory Music: Fanfare Theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgNHeM411uE

Chrono Trigger Music

Some of my favorite tunes from the game that would really add to the game. This list is very personal, but I would love any suggestions.
Chrono Trigger Main Theme: The game's main theme, as well as Chrono's theme.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-s-VQBoUdc
Wind Scene - Hauntingly beautiful, this theme plays on the overworld for 600 AD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ejTIgXexyg
Battle Theme - This theme makes me want to fight someone, which is perfect for Smash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeHw-8kYIW4
Frog Theme - Captures the essence of Frog's heroism.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YsAyO9oW00
Magus Confronted - Starts with a eery wind sound and then goes straight to awesomeness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7VVSJynYjM
Time's Scar (Chrono Cross) - The most beautiful video game intro music ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J46RY4PU8a8
To Far Away Times - Ending this list with showing how Chrono Trigger pushed the limits of 16 bit music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1qbVI9iTBU

shinhed-echi's suggestions for music

The ones not in mine:
1. World Revolution (Or a Lavos medley)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojQAmkL2NXc2. Magus' Theme
6. Legendary Battle Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULvRkyu0KPI
7. Robo's theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEOSLHZwKwM
8. Chrono Cross' Battle Theme (MGS4 and Sonic 06 got represented in Brawl despide not appearing on a Nintendo system)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRkqWdE_Nd0
9. Corridors of Time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNzYIEY-CcM
10. Video Games Live Chrono Medley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgu0Yfzqi-M

Although an unlikely character, anyone with any sort of loving for gaming can see his potential. He should take his rightful place along with other gaming icons in Smash 4.

Riders of the Chrono Bus:
jaytalks
Hong
qDMP
ToothiestAura
shinhed-echi
the smash nerd

Added: Crono Support Icon.
Credit to Frostwraith.

And here's two from me:

Hong

The Strongest
I am not going to lie: Crono appearing in Smash Bros would cause me to explode with hype.

No. I am not joking.

I would literally ****ing die.

I love Chrono Trigger. It was awesome as a kid and it is still awesome now. I play it like minimum once a year.

Edit - THINK OF THE MUSIC HE WOULD BRING

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I am not going to lie: Crono appearing in Smash Bros would cause me to explode with hype.

No. I am not joking.

I would literally ****ing die.

I love Chrono Trigger. It was awesome as a kid and it is still awesome now. I play it like minimum once a year.

Edit - THINK OF THE MUSIC HE WOULD BRING
Added some of my favorite music, some gifs, his victory poses, and a support icon.

I think Crono is Smash 4 would explode the retro community.

I'm just surprised no one else had made this thread. Out of all the possible Square Enix characters, he would definitely be the most popular.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I was surprised that the thread wasn't made until now as well.

I'd love to see a Square Enix representative... though, I have to say, Crono isn't super high on my list, just because he's yet another silent protagonist... and, honestly, he has a little less personality than even your average Heroic Mime.

But, hey, it's a great game, and I'd love to see Chrono Trigger content (like music, as people were saying). I'd just so much rather see Frog, Robo, MAGUS, Luka, or even Ayla. Yeah, or Marle. Basically, I like all the other characters more than him... but that's okay!

Nice OP.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

I'd love to see a Square Enix representative... though, I have to say, Crono isn't super high on my list, just because he's yet another silent protagonist... and, honestly, he has a little less personality than even your average Heroic Mime.

But, hey, it's a great game, and I'd love to see Chrono Trigger content (like music, as people were saying). I'd just so much rather see Frog, Robo, MAGUS, Luka, or even Ayla. Yeah, or Marle. Basically, I like all the other characters more than him... but that's okay!

Nice OP.
Thanks! I think for me he comes from a different time, so I don't really hold him to that standard of personality. He is the best example of the silent protagonist, as you can actually make decisions that influence the ending (and your standing in the trial).

I just think in terms of raw popularity, Crono trumps all other nintendo-related Square Enix representatives, including those from his series. And the best part of it is that he has nothing to do with the character's treatment from his company. Aside from all the rereleases, they havent been a strong supporter for the series or the character. It's all fan based. And he keeps moving up or staying roughly the same. His game continues to get better with age, regularly moving up greatest games ever lists. So continually, more and more fans try his game every year.

Yeah, Frog is my favorite character from the game, and his theme is my favorite from the game. I've had a ring tone for it since I've had a phone.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Thanks! I think for me he comes from a different time, so I don't really hold him to that standard of personality. He is the best example of the silent protagonist, as you can actually make decisions that influence the ending (and your standing in the trial).

I just think in terms of raw popularity, Crono trumps all other nintendo-related Square Enix representatives, including those from his series. And the best part of it is that he has nothing to do with the character's treatment from his company. Aside from all the rereleases, they havent been a strong supporter for the series or the character. It's all fan based. And he keeps moving up or staying roughly the same. His game continues to get better with age, regularly moving up greatest games ever lists. So continually, more and more fans try his game every year.

Yeah, Frog is my favorite character from the game, and his theme is my favorite from the game. I've had a ring tone for it since I've had a phone.

Do you mean Crono trumps other SE reps for Smash inclusion or in general? I'm fairly sure the Final Fantasy 7 peeps do pretty well for themselves in terms of general popularity.

If you couldn't tell by my subtle character listing in my previous post, Magus is my favorite. Love his music too, used to listen to it all the time when I was in elementary school. Frog/Robo have awesome theme songs as well.

Good point about being able to make some decisions that affect things. CT actually had a lot of them, some being so simple as "don't open this chest yet, it'll be cooler in the future".

Good game, good game. Seems overdue for an HD or 3D remake, actually.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Do you mean Crono trumps other SE reps for Smash inclusion or in general? I'm fairly sure the Final Fantasy 7 peeps do pretty well for themselves in terms of general popularity.

If you couldn't tell by my subtle character listing in my previous post, Magus is my favorite. Love his music too, used to listen to it all the time when I was in elementary school. Frog/Robo have awesome theme songs as well.

Good point about being able to make some decisions that affect things. CT actually had a lot of them, some being so simple as "don't open this chest yet, it'll be cooler in the future".

Good game, good game. Seems overdue for an HD or 3D remake, actually.
Crono trumps SE reps for Smash inclusion, because you need to have made a significant nintendo appearances. The only FF7 reps that can beat him are Cloud and Sephiroth, but those FF7 reps are firmly Sony guys. I guess Sora might do good as well, but I think he even beats out him. I mainly cite the character battle at Gamefaqs for his popularity. I distinctly remember him making it to the finals against Mario, and coming up short. He is one of the top tier this time around, along with Link, Mario, Cloud, and Sephiroth.

No I got it. Magus is my second, and he just oozes awesomeness like Vegeta from DBZ. They even have the same widow's peak.

I forgot about the thing about the treasure thing. That was awesome.

It's a shame that Chrono Resurrection thing never got too far along. Square seems to be in the business of remakes nowadays. After the inevitable FF7 remake, I think Chrono Trigger would be the next choice. It would be great for the 3DS, especially considering the definite version of CT came out for the DS.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Crono trumps SE reps for Smash inclusion, because you need to have made a significant nintendo appearances. The only FF7 reps that can beat him are Cloud and Sephiroth, but those FF7 reps are firmly Sony guys. I guess Sora might do good as well, but I think he even beats out him. I mainly cite the character battle at Gamefaqs for his popularity. I distinctly remember him making it to the finals against Mario, and coming up short. He is one of the top tier this time around, along with Link, Mario, Cloud, and Sephiroth.

No I got it. Magus is my second, and he just oozes awesomeness like Vegeta from DBZ. They even have the same widow's peak.

I forgot about the thing about the treasure thing. That was awesome.

It's a shame that Chrono Resurrection thing never got too far along. Square seems to be in the business of remakes nowadays. After the inevitable FF7 remake, I think Chrono Trigger would be the next choice. It would be great for the 3DS, especially considering the definite version of CT came out for the DS.

Oh yeah, I groan every time I see someone suggest someone from FF7 for Smash. I groan when I see Sora too, though-- Kingdom Hearts is definitely much more Sony oriented than anything else.

Don't know why they haven't done any FF7 remakes too... That'd be, like, first priority by now. Remaking old games seems like an easy, easy way to make money and still make fans happy. I'd buy an FF6 remake for sure.

I like the Millennia Fair stage idea, especially with Luka's teleporter.

I wish SE would make a grand SE fighter game... not just Final Fantasy Dissidia, but something with all of their franchises contributing characters.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Oh yeah, I groan every time I see someone suggest someone from FF7 for Smash. I groan when I see Sora too, though-- Kingdom Hearts is definitely much more Sony oriented than anything else.

Don't know why they haven't done any FF7 remakes too... That'd be, like, first priority by now. Remaking old games seems like an easy, easy way to make money and still make fans happy. I'd buy an FF6 remake for sure.

I like the Millennia Fair stage idea, especially with Luka's teleporter.

I wish SE would make a grand SE fighter game... not just Final Fantasy Dissidia, but something with all of their franchises contributing characters.
For Sora, it seems Nintendo is only worthy of the side stories (at least that's what his DS and 3DS adventures feel like to me). But he's definitely a Sony guy as well.

When that FF4 remake came out, I thought for sure they were going to do a 6 remake, but they did not. I had to settle for the GBA version.

Square Enix has amassed the greatest collection of characters outside of Nintendo, and in some ways they beat Nintendo's since they generally have more fleshed out personalities. I think

I added a little tidbit about the stage. I realized it could have sounded like its was taking you to 600 AD, but its not. I decided it should take you to Ending 3 (right before that.) It would be an easier switch, kind of like Castle Siege in between it's levels.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
100% sure Crono Trigger and DBZ share their primary artist.

Crono would be a pretty great addition, and not entirely unlikely.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
100% sure Crono Trigger and DBZ share their primary artist.

Crono would be a pretty great addition, and not entirely unlikely.
Yeah, Akira Toriyama is one of the members of the Dream Team. It's in the OP. But it's interesting how Toriyama repeats his designs. They both ooze anti-hero badassitude, and have awesome wdow's peak. I would say Magus has a little bit of Piccolo in his as well (he's got the ears! and the whole cloak thing).

Collecting all the endings on DS version. It's really a satisfying experience. The DS version is really the best version of the game. It even has a more correct translation of the game. There's just so much packed into the game.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace

Nice OP.
If they put in Magus, I would let them take out Ganondorf. Do you hear me! My sincerest wish for ssb4 is for Ganondorf to be the dorf he was always meant to be, but if they put in the oh so unlikely Magus, I would jump on the screw Ganondorf train in a heartbeat.

...On second thought don't jump on orgie trains; it does not end well.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Ah... Crono...

If you had asked me back in pre-Brawl days... Crono was my #2 pic.
But sadly, Square-Enix and FFfanboys have pissed me off since then. Not to mention how I see absolutely NO way of Crono getting any action time anywhere... :(
Squeenix will most likely want to spoon feed us Lightning from FFXIII before anyone else, if they were to allow a character from their company to get into a crossover game.

I know it's not supposed to be a Square-Enix crossover, but a FF x Disney one... but even NEKU from TWEWY appeared in one Kindgom Hearts game... Before CRONO. -_-

Don't get me wrong, Chrono Trigger has a SUPER SPECIAL place in my heart. And I would probably get an overhype attack if he were to be revealed as a 3rd party guest in SSB4!
My teenage years were all about me being obsessed with CT, its music, its art-style, everything. I naturally loved Chrono Cross as well.

But yeah... Love your ideas and love Crono, my 1st/2nd/3rd favorite silent protagonist ever.
Sorry to sound so pessimistic.

Here's the moveset (I think) I made years ago:

B: Lightning
You hold B and a sparkle will be generated from Crono's hands. Next you move this sparkle around as it levitates to the sky and out of view. The second this sparkle leaves your sight, a lightning bolt drops down from the sky. (I.E. it's like if you release Din's fire, but it trigger's Pikachu's Down B instead).

B Tilt: Slash
Releases a shockwave of electricity that travels along the ground.

B Down: Cyclone
Hold to charge, and then let go for 3 full seconds of spin-sword action. You can move Crono horizontally while he's doing this. It works on air too (horizontal only) but it will leave you in helpless state afterwards.

B Up: Spincut
Jumps up high into the sky and comes back down slicing an opponent.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
^ who was your #1 choice?

Crono looks like a cool character and I want to try his game.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
NO type of chance .... sorry, bro. and the icing on the cake is how selfish Square Enix is ..
I wrote this thread in more of celebration of Crono and the video game Chrono Trigger. I'm well aware of Cono's impossible chances. But Crono definitely deserves a thread.

In other news, something I just noticed. Crono and Lucina have the same stance:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The songs I would like to have the most from Chrono Trigger would be:

2. Magus' Theme
3. Crono's Theme (Main theme)
4. Battle
5. Frog's Theme
7. Robo's theme
8. Chrono Cross' Battle Theme (MGS4 and Sonic 06 got represented in Brawl despide not appearing on a Nintendo system)
9. Corridors of Time

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I wrote this thread in more of celebration of Crono and the video game Chrono Trigger. I'm well aware of Cono's impossible chances. But Crono definitely deserves a thread.

In other news, something I just notice. Crono and Lucina have the same stance:
Brilliant! Crono should be an alt costume of Lucina! I completely agree!

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
The songs I would like to have the most from Chrono Trigger would be:

2. Magus' Theme
3. Crono's Theme (Main theme)
4. Battle
5. Frog's Theme
7. Robo's theme
9. Corridors of Time
Adding to the OP. I personally fine the most beautiful intro music to a video game to be Time's Scar from Chrono Cross.

Brilliant! Crono should be an alt costume of Lucina! I completely agree!
Let's hope Lucina makes it in first.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
He would be one of the best Square Enix representatives with Black Mage, Chocobo, Moogle or Slime for a spot. I would love to see this character fighting with Shulk, Isaac and Marth. Maybe in the next Smash installment we could see him as a much stronger contender.

.n_n.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
As much as I want to see Crono REALLY BAD, I just don't see it happening. I mean, Chrono Trigger was developed by like... 3 different companies (I guess today it's 2, correct me if I'm wrong) and you can imagine how many jumps-and-leaps Sakurai and his team would have to go through just to get the rights to him.

CadePirate

Smash Apprentice
This ain't happening, if square-enix had even the slightest chance for a representative, then it would be him or Cloud. If either of those guys showed up, hype powers over 9000.

CadePirate

Smash Apprentice
This ain't happening, if square-enix had even the slightest chance for a representative, then it would be him or Cloud. If either of those guys showed up, hype powers over 9000.
I take that back, just rememberd Geno belongs to Square, he deserves it more than Chrono.

D

Deleted member

Cloud has never appeared in a Nintendo system :glare:

Anyway, after today's tragedy with Blunder-Red, I've been trying to find another character to support and which better way to do so with the protagonist of my favorite game of all time
Btw, this thread has been slow since it's creation, let's revive this!

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Cloud is the traitor who started the Final Fantasy series with the enemy and thought he could possibly compete with Link, when in fact OoT kicked FF7's butt.

I don't like Square, I quit buying their games because one besides Crono Trigger and Mario RPG, every Square game I played was terrible and two, they're being jerks not letting characters like Geno or Crono be in Super Smash Bros, they don't even use those characters anymore, let somebody who will use them properly, don't hoard them and not let them be in one of the greatest games of all time, they're just jealous because they know their Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts isn't really that popular, they're actually pretty overated.

Square, its not like they want to use your precious little Lightning, nobody likes her anyway.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Kingdom Hearts, various versions.

Just saying.

(Also, I love Chrono Trigger and am largely indifferent towards Golden Sun, but if you want a spiky haired swordsman that can control he elements, well....there ya go.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Kingdom Hearts, various versions.

Just saying.

(Also, I love Chrono Trigger and am largely indifferent towards Golden Sun, but if you want a spiky haired swordsman that can control he elements, well....there ya go.)
Smaller cameos in a series that only ties to Nintendo are in the portables

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Smaller cameos in a series that only ties to Nintendo are in the portables
A portable is a considered a console, so he still falls into Sakurai's rules. He would be a terrible addition in my opinion, but you can't use the "never been on a Nintendo console" excuse.

CadePirate

Smash Apprentice

Anyway, after today's tragedy with Blunder-Red, I've been trying to find another character to support and which better way to do so with the protagonist of my favorite game of all time
Btw, this thread has been slow since it's creation, let's revive this!
15 minutes after this I switched to wanting Geno. At least as an assist.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I fully support this. I'm a huge Chrono Trigger fan. I even made a custom Magus model for Brawl:

(his arms are long because he had to fit over Ganondorf's skeleton)

I also textured a model for Frog that Demon_of_Elru modeled:

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Crono Cross is a great game in it's own right; a large portion of the team responsible for it went on to become Monolith Soft (Yay Xeno games...Xenogears was actually originally planned to be an entry in the Crono franchise and Lucca makes a cameo) and you can really see it in the art direction and the intricacy of the plot.

It had too much going on, had VERY little to do with Crono Trigger (which, unlike Cross, is an absolute classic.), and had a weird translation were everyone spoke with a different random accent, but judged on it's own merit it's still awesome.

I love Crono Trigger, one of my top 10 of all time, and if a Square rep got in he would be my choice. Unfortunately, the Crono franchise is more or less dead at the moment and I doubt he would get into Dissidia let alone Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't think there is a single redeeming feature in Cross, it destroyed the plot that Trigger had acomplished(Evil Masamune, Lavos is alive, killing the main 3 protagonists, fall of Guardia for no reason), but I would have forgot all of this if they had resolved Magus and Schala story, Magus lost all of his memories, Schala dies and the worst part is that Schala sent her clone to help Serge, you know, instead of helping crying Magus of 600 a.d. Btw, what are even Serge motivations?
He simply drowned in that other universe, it isn't suspect when he was a kid of 6 years old when that happened!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
All your complaints deal with how it connects to Chrono Trigger. Like I said, forget is has anything to do with Chrono Trigger and it becomes an enjoyable game.

D

Deleted member

It is really hard when they remind you that everyone I knew is dead or lost his memory at a point that it's not even the same character anymore

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom