• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Icies matchup!

MurphyPrime

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I have a friend who lives in London (currently in Waterloo with me).

Now, I feel somewhat qualified to talk about this since my bro places IC's and we practice a bunch together. I'm going off the first match cause I don't have a lot of time to analyze ( I might re-watch later this week) so I'll just say a few things.

First of all, you are jumping with bairs way too much. He sees you are doing this and punishes your end lag. You are also trying to use the platforms too much. You tunnel vision into thinking it's your only way to break the IC's wall, and then he blizzards you and you get wobbled. So basically be less predictable.

I recommend using fireball occasionally to disrupt the wall, it's not going to win you the match but it's a start. IMO, wavedash>downsmash is too good against IC's. It breaks them up nicely so you can beat up nana/sopo. Also spaced ftilts are good. As Luigi, it's a good idea to stay ground as much as possible until you finish off your opponent. So if wave lands on platforms are good to chase the IC's around. If you want to use aerials, use one with strong knock back like dair or fair ONCE in the air, then wavedash away. IC's can catch most characters but not Luigi (usually). Avoid getting caught above him, as up air is really hard to get around (not marth up air hard, but still).

That's just general stuff, so hopefully later this week I can watch more to help.

Top Bottom