• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Crazy Orders Guide (FASTEST WAY TO UNLOCK CUSTOMS BY FAR!)

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
So after weeks of ignoring it, it seems like someone found a method of easily unlocking customs with a certain equipment set. (Vampire instead of KO Heal also works, and is actually better and easier to get)

To try to quantify exactly just how efficient this method is, it was EASILY possible for me to win most giant/metal challenges within 5 seconds. There's 3-4 challenges to choose from usually, almost always 1 of them is for parts/customs. An average run even where I lose is 15-20 within 2-3 minutes, you get 2 customs per challenge after turn 10. Parts are available about 9/10 of the time, though usually only 7/10 of the time on a favorable challenge type/stage. So let's say 21 chances at customs. Generally, if I got new customs I'd either go challenge crazy or try to earn some more gold to challenge again later before I did. But let's say I lost, cutting it to about 10. That's still 10 parts for 2-3 minutes. That's even better than trophy rush! And this is THE WORST-CASE SCENARIO.

Best case? I make it to 20-30+ getting 3-4+ chances at customs per challenge. Which is actually very easy with a decent set, the proper knowledge, and if you're paying attention...

However, the issue seems to be that most people just don't have or even know how to go about getting that set-up, since it's random. I feel it's not quite as difficult as people believe, at least in regards to getting it on certain characters.

So to clarify, our first goal is to get the following abilities onto a single character:

Vampire / KO Heal
Home Run Bat Equipped
Quicker Home Run Bat Swing

These next few parts of this guide will be assuming you have NONE of these abilities whatsoever. And I will do my best to try to quickly get you them to fully utilize the latter part of the guide.

We can cut the difficulty in acquiring the proper equipment in 1/3rd by defeating Lucina's challenge. Defeat 8 miis in cruel smash, which earns you a vampire brawn badge. Which can be used for ANY character. You CAN use your hammer on it, but if you don't want to like me, here's some tips for how I did it.

Luckily, Marth/Lucina have some tools to aid them in this fight.

Though just that didn't work for me. I eventually found a few other extremely easy tactics. But this was crucial since it let me ledge camp and wrack up damage.

1: When just 1 mii is by the ledge, and it seems like the others are mostly stationary for whatever reason, get up from the ledge and just backthrow them. BUT YOU MUST JUMP BACK OFF THE LEDGE, short hop and only once. Otherwise they will just jump back, but for some reason jumping towards them so low makes them wait longer to jump, probably to try to footstool you so they wait too long and die.

2: When the miis get clumped by the ledge, and their % is high enough, roll up and fsmash.

It doesn't always work, but they are really bad about punishing the roll. This won't outright kill them but without the ability to grab ledges, this can net 5 kills in the first minute or so and you can be more conservative about the rest of the kills. I personally beat it while doing this 3 times for 12 kills though.

*Don't think counter is a good idea because it isn't. The risk/reward is beyond stupid as opposed to shulk/mac's counter.

After that, you'll have your vampire brawn badge! Which is perfect, because ideally you'll want attack and speed. I had several defensive sets, full defense, defense speed, and defense attack.
Options for 3ds users for possibly even easier acquisition of the Crazy Order Killer Set.

There are a KO Heal protection badge, a Home Run Bat Agility badge, and a Quick Batter brawn badge available as rewards. Please refer to this page for info on them. You will need the 2nd/3rd challenge panels unlocked. Since they're badges, they work for ALL characters.

If you don't have the second panel unlocked, and/or don't feel like trying for these, don't fret! These are really suboptimal badges and stat allocations that won't even work with the wayyyyy better equipment you get from crazy orders.

(Though the hrb agility badge is pretty good, it doesn't work with the way more useful vampire brawn badge from wii u)
Quick/easy way to get essentially 20 crazy order passes, and some customs/equipment.

Since crazy orders is going to need a LOT of money, or passes, we might as well try to kill two birds with one stone. Take Doctor Mario to trophy rush mode, and put in as much money as you can. If you manage to get 8 fevers, you get 100,000 Coins. This is 20 crazy orders tries, even if you fail to get the money back from within crazy orders. So it's kind of like 20 passes!

(If you have any laser sword equipment for him, use it!)

*Unfortunately, at this time I have no tips for Trophy Rush with Doctor Mario. Since I'm low on gold, I will try later. Though it doesn't seem too difficult...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXNH3xbonRQ
Tips for making making do with what you got to get the full set quickly:

By now you should have plenty of gold, and hopefully some equipment to try crazy orders with. Even if you don't have the optimum set, you have about 20 tries to get them. Home run bat/Quick Hitter Equipment isn't that rare, though getting two that work together is a little annoying at first. And then getting GOOD speed/attack sets on a character that is good for crazy orders can be even more annoying, but my first 10 crazy order runs (under 20 turns)

I was able to get four different characters with home run bat and quick hitter equipment. So hopefully if you're able to do just under 10 turns in 20 runs, you should be able to get at least 1 and start making your money back.

Then go to a characters equipment page, and hit Y (sell) to look at everything(won't show there if someone has it equipped though). Look for the following effects:

Risky Respawner

Imperfect Shield

Picky Eater

KO Healer (Stacking with Vampire)

Super Scope

Beam Sword

Star Rod

Bob-Omb

Item Hurler

Unharmed Attacker

First Striker

Critical Hitter

No Flinch Smasher

*Trade-offs seem to have dubious effects in crazy orders with healing and saving health between turns. Will look into later, could be very interesting, especially defender.

All these are generally OP equipment abilities that can help a lot in the grind. Try to find an assortment from what you have on the characters you have them with that works for you.

Of course, if you have NOTHING but that vampire brawn badge... You could try other equipment and grind it out from there if you think you're good enough with a certain character. In which case, I have a few suggestions.

Since the character you use gives bias in both the customs, and equipment you receive, a character with a lot of overlap with other characters would be ideal.

All 5 of the pokemon all use the same exact equipment. (Charizard is also a special case who can use claws. Only character in the game with three equip types under a stat, including badge)

Unfortunately, charizard, and lucario seem like poor choices for Crazy Orders due to reliance on their own damage... Lucario more than charizard, who can reasonably expect to heal what flare blitz cost him if he wins and only uses it in a pinch.

Greninja is my personally recommendation, due to strong smashes, aerials, combo game, and really messes with the cpu AI with his shadow sneak and other toys.

Marth, Lucina, Ike. All use the same equipment, have 2 equipment in common with 3 other Characters. 1 Equipment in common 9 characters. So using one of them gives more refined chances to receive equipment for 15 characters. This is mostly because boots and swords are the most popular equipment types.

But it really depends on what equipment you have available for them in regards to who's best. But I'd imagine ike would be better for horde/team/free for alls and crazy hand battle and marth/lucina for metal/giant with just vampire.

If you have a particular character you'd like to get equipment for, refer here to see who overlaps.

*Mario, Luigi, and Wario do similar with Gloves, and Shoes. (2 with 2 overlap, 6 with 1)

This will give you the most range for your drops by far, though in the end if you have a specific character you want to play this mode with, using them here would be the quickest way to get their equipment.

Some other general character suggestions:

Bowser: Bowser bomb is amazing in the crazy hand battle, catches hands and cpus for lots of damage, maybe free kills if the cpus shield it. Also works well without the HRB due to this. CPUs just get ruined by bowser bomb one way or another, they never punish it. And he combos the giants fair enough too.

Rosalina: Gpull is great for getting the hrb back, or other new items. Luma also is great for safely picking and comboing giants. Her luma shot works a lot like bowser bomb on them, they don't know what to do.

Robin: The limit on tomes and levins never really comes into play except in the crazy hand fight, and nosferatu + vampire = all the healing. Robin combos really well with a little speed boost in my experience, too. Arcfire can also lock enemies to be safely HRB'd, though it's a little inconsistent. Mostly good on giants.

Villager: Can downsmash to ground them, then hrb them (low level cpu have garbage mash rates). Can also throw his bat, and pocket it for later and retain his fsmash(mostly helpful for getting it back easier with the pocket plus custom). And with pocket, despite having the HRB, he can still essentially use items. The "timber counter" tree sapling also makes enemies trip and easier to HRB. (I'd imagine in the crazy hand fight, planting one mid-stage would really screw the cpu helpers over) Overall he works with the HRB best in theory and I can't wait to test that theory out when I have a set for him.

Quick Tangent About Stats:

I tried all sorts of different stats and characters with these sets. Between full defense, defense/speed, and defense attack...

Defense/speed did the best during crazy orders missions. Both full defense and defense/speed were awful with damage output during the crazy hand fight. The lack of mobility on defense made the damage reduction pointless.

Defense/attack was better for the crazy hand fight, and did much better when things didn't go as planned and I somehow lost the bat since I did a lot of damage still. But due to low speed, things went wrong often...

Essentially, defense is worthless because ideally you'll stay below 40% with healing and the main threats (giants) are going to kill you regardless of defensive boosts(at least when they're as minimal as ones with good abilities)

You want to get in(speed) asap. Attack isn't useless but definitely takes a backseat to speed, essentially just try to avoid it being too low so you can still ohko hordes and heal decent amounts with vampire. But it doesn't need to be too high.

My least stressful and more efficient sets by far are definitely those with emphasis on speed, and some attack

Now, here's my personal tier list for crazy mode challenges. From easiest, to hardest with the HRB Sets.

1: Metal
2: Giants (on flat/simple stages)
3: Free for alls (With 4 or less fighters. Meaning smaller stage)
4: Teams
5: Free for alls (5 or more fighters, meaning larger and obtuse stages)
6: Giants (On stages with hazards and you have bad juggle options. They get way more active, unpredictable, and scary)
7: Hordes

Hordes are pretty easy up until turn 15, then the amount of them starts getting obnoxious and they seem to get slightly harder to KO too. The HRB doesn't help at all beyond throwing, and even that doesn't ohko at later turns. Just avoid it unless you're super desperate for coins and that's the only one available.

ALWAYS DO METALS. Even if it's just a little money/disc. They're so free. Metals are the one challenge that has never ever gone wrong for me. (Though there was a close call with a metal lucario I lost my bat on...) They're free turn advancements. One time I just had a metal kirby try to float above eye level in front of me while i charged my bat.

NEVER do coin challenges until turn 10 or so, or they're the least threatening challenge type. Ideally 15, they start capping at around 4k there which is essentially another crazy order run. Turn 1-10 is 1-1000 and imo it's worth it to try for customs or easier turn advancements.

Be wary of giants when the stage icon is from a series that has jank stages, and your character can't easily juggle giants. If you're using someone like mario, sheik, marth, etc it won't really be a concern.

Also if a giant EVER gets your bat, run. Seriously, just their jab or dash attack with that thing can kill at like 60% but they get way more aggressive when they have it.

If you get stuck on an odd stage with hazards, and a giant, and things start to go south, you might want to just throw the bat and combo on them. They're such huge targets and never shield.

Some quick tips for giants:

*They almost always get-up attack, from ledge or ground.
*Running up and rolling behind them to home run bat works a lot. They're pretty slow.
*Running up and pivot/kara smashing also works well
*They pretty much never do anything in the air, so are combo bait.

For teams, free for alls, and hordes it's generally better to just keep throwing the bat/beating on the cpus unless you're using a character with weak smashes/low attack stat and need to rely on the hrb.

Unless you have a fair amount of new customs, or equipment you particularly care about (maybe potential for more/better crazy order set) I wouldn't worry about challenging crazy hand to keep your rewards. Just keep grinding.

For the fight, it's kind of character specific but the most general advice I can give is focus on the hands first to do some damage, THEN the cpu helpers after you've started taking on some damage. (Especially if you have KO Heal) Then once you've cleared the field a little, back to the hands.

Mobility and damage output is really important, switch focus from one hand to the other, or onto the cpus when they start entering their telegraphed attack animations.

Hope I see a lot more customs out there!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just to make further suggestions for saving up for Crazy Order entry:

-Events Mode gets you a lot of gold and Crazy Orders Passes for playing through it. If you are starting out on Wii U, I recommend 100%'ing this mode early on, definitely before you go farming in Crazy Orders. There is also the co-op version which I have yet to do, which gets you even more. I have never been short on gold and Passes since I 100%'d this mode.
-Certain other Challenges get you gold, and you can get a free Crazy Orders Pass by simply clearing a Master Orders Ticket for the first time.
-Completing every single Challenge in the game gets you 2,000,000G. That's basically a lifetime's worth of Crazy Orders play, considering the money you make back from it, and the money you make from completing things in the game.
-Crazy Orders Passes seem like a common drop in Smash Tour matches. I mostly play on the Large map, just in case that matters.

Essentially, I recommend doing every Challenge in the game and clearing Co-op Events too if you want to basically be sorted for Crazy Orders farming. Means you can just focus on the equipment farming and never have to worry about the entry fee. There are multiple Challenges that require entering Crazy Orders anyway, so you could tackle them while you are at it.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
This is similar to a start that was shown to work really well for beating the challenge to do 20 Crazy Order turns with Mario: use a HRB, first strike advantage badge, and fast fireball custom special. This combo makes it easy to finish rounds very quickly. I would add that horde battles are not very difficult with this setup, as Mario's running dash is a OHKO against horde enemies.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Update: While this is technically the fastest way, pseudo-idling smash tour seems to be the easiest way. Gonna post in-depth about it soon..

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
And for those who are wondering, for the Crazy Hand battle, Master Hand will enter the fray if you're at turn 14 or higher. Also, the CPU fighters will start to become harder than when Crazy Hand doesn't have Master Hand by his side.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
So after weeks of ignoring it, it seems like someone found a method of easily unlocking customs with a certain equipment set. (Vampire instead of KO Heal also works, and is actually better and easier to get)

To try to quantify exactly just how efficient this method is, it was EASILY possible for me to win most giant/metal challenges within 5 seconds. There's 3-4 challenges to choose from usually, almost always 1 of them is for parts/customs. An average run even where I lose is 15-20 within 2-3 minutes, you get 2 customs per challenge after turn 10. Parts are available about 9/10 of the time, though usually only 7/10 of the time on a favorable challenge type/stage. So let's say 21 chances at customs. Generally, if I got new customs I'd either go challenge crazy or try to earn some more gold to challenge again later before I did. But let's say I lost, cutting it to about 10. That's still 10 parts for 2-3 minutes. That's even better than trophy rush! And this is THE WORST-CASE SCENARIO.

Best case? I make it to 20-30+ getting 3-4+ chances at customs per challenge. Which is actually very easy with a decent set, the proper knowledge, and if you're paying attention...

However, the issue seems to be that most people just don't have or even know how to go about getting that set-up, since it's random. I feel it's not quite as difficult as people believe, at least in regards to getting it on certain characters.

So to clarify, our first goal is to get the following abilities onto a single character:

Vampire / KO Heal
Home Run Bat Equipped
Quicker Home Run Bat Swing

These next few parts of this guide will be assuming you have NONE of these abilities whatsoever. And I will do my best to try to quickly get you them to fully utilize the latter part of the guide.

We can cut the difficulty in acquiring the proper equipment in 1/3rd by defeating Lucina's challenge. Defeat 8 miis in cruel smash, which earns you a vampire brawn badge. Which can be used for ANY character. You CAN use your hammer on it, but if you don't want to like me, here's some tips for how I did it.

Luckily, Marth/Lucina have some tools to aid them in this fight.

Though just that didn't work for me. I eventually found a few other extremely easy tactics. But this was crucial since it let me ledge camp and wrack up damage.

1: When just 1 mii is by the ledge, and it seems like the others are mostly stationary for whatever reason, get up from the ledge and just backthrow them. BUT YOU MUST JUMP BACK OFF THE LEDGE, short hop and only once. Otherwise they will just jump back, but for some reason jumping towards them so low makes them wait longer to jump, probably to try to footstool you so they wait too long and die.

2: When the miis get clumped by the ledge, and their % is high enough, roll up and fsmash.

It doesn't always work, but they are really bad about punishing the roll. This won't outright kill them but without the ability to grab ledges, this can net 5 kills in the first minute or so and you can be more conservative about the rest of the kills. I personally beat it while doing this 3 times for 12 kills though.

*Don't think counter is a good idea because it isn't. The risk/reward is beyond stupid as opposed to shulk/mac's counter.

After that, you'll have your vampire brawn badge! Which is perfect, because ideally you'll want attack and speed. I had several defensive sets, full defense, defense speed, and defense attack.
Options for 3ds users for possibly even easier acquisition of the Crazy Order Killer Set.

There are a KO Heal protection badge, a Home Run Bat Agility badge, and a Quick Batter brawn badge available as rewards. Please refer to this page for info on them. You will need the 2nd/3rd challenge panels unlocked. Since they're badges, they work for ALL characters.

If you don't have the second panel unlocked, and/or don't feel like trying for these, don't fret! These are really suboptimal badges and stat allocations that won't even work with the wayyyyy better equipment you get from crazy orders.

(Though the hrb agility badge is pretty good, it doesn't work with the way more useful vampire brawn badge from wii u)
Quick/easy way to get essentially 20 crazy order passes, and some customs/equipment.

Since crazy orders is going to need a LOT of money, or passes, we might as well try to kill two birds with one stone. Take Doctor Mario to trophy rush mode, and put in as much money as you can. If you manage to get 8 fevers, you get 100,000 Coins. This is 20 crazy orders tries, even if you fail to get the money back from within crazy orders. So it's kind of like 20 passes!

(If you have any laser sword equipment for him, use it!)

*Unfortunately, at this time I have no tips for Trophy Rush with Doctor Mario. Since I'm low on gold, I will try later. Though it doesn't seem too difficult...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXNH3xbonRQ
Tips for making making do with what you got to get the full set quickly:

By now you should have plenty of gold, and hopefully some equipment to try crazy orders with. Even if you don't have the optimum set, you have about 20 tries to get them. Home run bat/Quick Hitter Equipment isn't that rare, though getting two that work together is a little annoying at first. And then getting GOOD speed/attack sets on a character that is good for crazy orders can be even more annoying, but my first 10 crazy order runs (under 20 turns)

I was able to get four different characters with home run bat and quick hitter equipment. So hopefully if you're able to do just under 10 turns in 20 runs, you should be able to get at least 1 and start making your money back.

Then go to a characters equipment page, and hit Y (sell) to look at everything(won't show there if someone has it equipped though). Look for the following effects:

Risky Respawner

Imperfect Shield

Picky Eater

KO Healer (Stacking with Vampire)

Super Scope

Beam Sword

Star Rod

Bob-Omb

Item Hurler

Unharmed Attacker

First Striker

Critical Hitter

No Flinch Smasher

*Trade-offs seem to have dubious effects in crazy orders with healing and saving health between turns. Will look into later, could be very interesting, especially defender.

All these are generally OP equipment abilities that can help a lot in the grind. Try to find an assortment from what you have on the characters you have them with that works for you.

Of course, if you have NOTHING but that vampire brawn badge... You could try other equipment and grind it out from there if you think you're good enough with a certain character. In which case, I have a few suggestions.

Since the character you use gives bias in both the customs, and equipment you receive, a character with a lot of overlap with other characters would be ideal.

All 5 of the pokemon all use the same exact equipment. (Charizard is also a special case who can use claws. Only character in the game with three equip types under a stat, including badge)

Unfortunately, charizard, and lucario seem like poor choices for Crazy Orders due to reliance on their own damage... Lucario more than charizard, who can reasonably expect to heal what flare blitz cost him if he wins and only uses it in a pinch.

Greninja is my personally recommendation, due to strong smashes, aerials, combo game, and really messes with the cpu AI with his shadow sneak and other toys.

Marth, Lucina, Ike. All use the same equipment, have 2 equipment in common with 3 other Characters. 1 Equipment in common 9 characters. So using one of them gives more refined chances to receive equipment for 15 characters. This is mostly because boots and swords are the most popular equipment types.

But it really depends on what equipment you have available for them in regards to who's best. But I'd imagine ike would be better for horde/team/free for alls and crazy hand battle and marth/lucina for metal/giant with just vampire.

If you have a particular character you'd like to get equipment for, refer here to see who overlaps.

*Mario, Luigi, and Wario do similar with Gloves, and Shoes. (2 with 2 overlap, 6 with 1)

This will give you the most range for your drops by far, though in the end if you have a specific character you want to play this mode with, using them here would be the quickest way to get their equipment.

Some other general character suggestions:

Bowser: Bowser bomb is amazing in the crazy hand battle, catches hands and cpus for lots of damage, maybe free kills if the cpus shield it. Also works well without the HRB due to this. CPUs just get ruined by bowser bomb one way or another, they never punish it. And he combos the giants fair enough too.

Rosalina: Gpull is great for getting the hrb back, or other new items. Luma also is great for safely picking and comboing giants. Her luma shot works a lot like bowser bomb on them, they don't know what to do.

Robin: The limit on tomes and levins never really comes into play except in the crazy hand fight, and nosferatu + vampire = all the healing. Robin combos really well with a little speed boost in my experience, too. Arcfire can also lock enemies to be safely HRB'd, though it's a little inconsistent. Mostly good on giants.

Villager: Can downsmash to ground them, then hrb them (low level cpu have garbage mash rates). Can also throw his bat, and pocket it for later and retain his fsmash(mostly helpful for getting it back easier with the pocket plus custom). And with pocket, despite having the HRB, he can still essentially use items. The "timber counter" tree sapling also makes enemies trip and easier to HRB. (I'd imagine in the crazy hand fight, planting one mid-stage would really screw the cpu helpers over) Overall he works with the HRB best in theory and I can't wait to test that theory out when I have a set for him.

Quick Tangent About Stats:

I tried all sorts of different stats and characters with these sets. Between full defense, defense/speed, and defense attack...

Defense/speed did the best during crazy orders missions. Both full defense and defense/speed were awful with damage output during the crazy hand fight. The lack of mobility on defense made the damage reduction pointless.

Defense/attack was better for the crazy hand fight, and did much better when things didn't go as planned and I somehow lost the bat since I did a lot of damage still. But due to low speed, things went wrong often...

Essentially, defense is worthless because ideally you'll stay below 40% with healing and the main threats (giants) are going to kill you regardless of defensive boosts(at least when they're as minimal as ones with good abilities)

You want to get in(speed) asap. Attack isn't useless but definitely takes a backseat to speed, essentially just try to avoid it being too low so you can still ohko hordes and heal decent amounts with vampire. But it doesn't need to be too high.

My least stressful and more efficient sets by far are definitely those with emphasis on speed, and some attack

Now, here's my personal tier list for crazy mode challenges. From easiest, to hardest with the HRB Sets.

1: Metal
2: Giants (on flat/simple stages)
3: Free for alls (With 4 or less fighters. Meaning smaller stage)
4: Teams
5: Free for alls (5 or more fighters, meaning larger and obtuse stages)
6: Giants (On stages with hazards and you have bad juggle options. They get way more active, unpredictable, and scary)
7: Hordes

Hordes are pretty easy up until turn 15, then the amount of them starts getting obnoxious and they seem to get slightly harder to KO too. The HRB doesn't help at all beyond throwing, and even that doesn't ohko at later turns. Just avoid it unless you're super desperate for coins and that's the only one available.

ALWAYS DO METALS. Even if it's just a little money/disc. They're so free. Metals are the one challenge that has never ever gone wrong for me. (Though there was a close call with a metal lucario I lost my bat on...) They're free turn advancements. One time I just had a metal kirby try to float above eye level in front of me while i charged my bat.

NEVER do coin challenges until turn 10 or so, or they're the least threatening challenge type. Ideally 15, they start capping at around 4k there which is essentially another crazy order run. Turn 1-10 is 1-1000 and imo it's worth it to try for customs or easier turn advancements.

Be wary of giants when the stage icon is from a series that has jank stages, and your character can't easily juggle giants. If you're using someone like mario, sheik, marth, etc it won't really be a concern.

Also if a giant EVER gets your bat, run. Seriously, just their jab or dash attack with that thing can kill at like 60% but they get way more aggressive when they have it.

If you get stuck on an odd stage with hazards, and a giant, and things start to go south, you might want to just throw the bat and combo on them. They're such huge targets and never shield.

Some quick tips for giants:

*They almost always get-up attack, from ledge or ground.
*Running up and rolling behind them to home run bat works a lot. They're pretty slow.
*Running up and pivot/kara smashing also works well
*They pretty much never do anything in the air, so are combo bait.

For teams, free for alls, and hordes it's generally better to just keep throwing the bat/beating on the cpus unless you're using a character with weak smashes/low attack stat and need to rely on the hrb.

Unless you have a fair amount of new customs, or equipment you particularly care about (maybe potential for more/better crazy order set) I wouldn't worry about challenging crazy hand to keep your rewards. Just keep grinding.

For the fight, it's kind of character specific but the most general advice I can give is focus on the hands first to do some damage, THEN the cpu helpers after you've started taking on some damage. (Especially if you have KO Heal) Then once you've cleared the field a little, back to the hands.

Mobility and damage output is really important, switch focus from one hand to the other, or onto the cpus when they start entering their telegraphed attack animations.

Hope I see a lot more customs out there!
I need to step in here... Crazy orders is ONLY the fastest for customs until you have a lot of them. When you are only missing 20 or less customs, you need to switch to trophy rush or classic or something that gets customs for specific characters. Way too difficult to aim for a specific custom in crazy orders especially since some characters share the same Icon, like all the mario characters, so you can't know if you're even going to get equipment/customs for the right character.

Cucholix

Smash Rookie
Hey guys new user here ^^
Just want to thank DunnoBro for his tips, currently I'm using this badges:
  • Vampire
  • Bat
  • First strike advantage
I'm using Mario in order to unlock the 20 rounds challenge, but can't beat the hands... I'm not expert on Smash, that's the reason why I use first strike, along straight fast Mario fireball, that give me 10 seconds to beat my foes, saddly it doesn't work with hands, any tip?

David Wonn

Smash Ace
^

Fire at one of the random CPU fighters before attacking the hands. You will get ten seconds of invincibility to help out. I usually use this time to get rid of all 4 CPUs, so that I can then focus all my attacks on the hands.

Cucholix

Smash Rookie
^

Fire at one of the random CPU fighters before attacking the hands. You will get ten seconds of invincibility to help out. I usually use this time to get rid of all 4 CPUs, so that I can then focus all my attacks on the hands.
I will try that thanks, just to make sure do the hands got harder with more turns? Hands should be turn 20 right,in order to beat the challenge?

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
As far as I can tell, it never gets harder than the hands at 300 HP total, plus 2 CPUs w/2 stock apiece. Typically if you can first-strike on a CPU, then kill all 4 stocks before losing the invincibility, the rest is cake even if you started with no extra HP. Plus, if you're lucky, you might hit the hands once or twice with a bat swing, dealing an easy 60+ damage for free.

Incidentally, First Striker and Quick Batter are far more useful than Vampire in my experience; my successful runs went from ~25 matches to over 40 easily once I switched. I wouldn't rely solely on projectiles to get that invincibilty either, though they certainly help.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm probably guessing that turn 20 is when Master Hand and Crazy Hand have their HP maxed out; you have to complete 20 turns as Mario after all.

Chocoroko

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chocoroko
And for those who are wondering, for the Crazy Hand battle, Master Hand will enter the fray if you're at turn 14 or higher. Also, the CPU fighters will start to become harder than when Crazy Hand doesn't have Master Hand by his side.
So the best step is to still KO the CPU's as soon as possible? I figure they're already a nuisance. Thankfully there's no timer for the final battle.

This thread is gonna be very helpful for me, I can tell already. Could I also use these set ups with Mario? So I can do 20 turns using him by the end?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So the best step is to still KO the CPU's as soon as possible? I figure they're already a nuisance. Thankfully there's no timer for the final battle.

This thread is gonna be very helpful for me, I can tell already. Could I also use these set ups with Mario? So I can do 20 turns using him by the end?
First Striker and Home-Run Bat equipment can help Mario, but you'll also need his Fast Fireball custom special for the added efficiency. It's not fool-proof though, so you also need to be skilled with how Mario operates in battle.

Keep note, however, that the effects of the First Striker equipment will only activate if you're the one who deals damage first, so you might run into some problems if you're facing more than one fighter. Likewise, your own teammates could end up delivering the first hit, stopping you from getting the temporary invincibility.

Also, the First Striker bonus effect will not activate if you attack Master Hand or Crazy Hand; you have to deal the first hit on a playable fighter.

Chocoroko

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chocoroko
Good to know, I'll keep those in mind. Thankfully I haven't run into trouble with First Strike during the final battle. It's a tricky one, but I can tell its not hard to pull off if I pay attention.

Thanks again! I'll be giving these a try and experimenting with these sets.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Good to know, I'll keep those in mind. Thankfully I haven't run into trouble with First Strike during the final battle. It's a tricky one, but I can tell its not hard to pull off if I pay attention.

Thanks again! I'll be giving these a try and experimenting with these sets.
Just keep note that for the final battle, you'll start the match with 150 HP if you haven't taken any damage, but you'll be given more HP, based on your current damage before you choose your next ticket; 1 HP per 1% damage. For example, if your current damage is 100%, you'll begin the final battle with 250 HP.

Chocoroko

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chocoroko
Oh interesting. I never thought having more damage on you would give you more health. I've been trying to keep it low as the turns kept coming through. 100% should be fine with me though, it's not a terrible dangerous zone to get launched offstage. At least in this scenario.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oh interesting. I never thought having more damage on you would give you more health. I've been trying to keep it low as the turns kept coming through. 100% should be fine with me though, it's not a terrible dangerous zone to get launched offstage. At least in this scenario.
Yeah while it's important to keep your damage low while playing the Crazy Orders tickets, at the same time, you need it to be high if you want more HP for the Crazy Hand battle. Just be aware that getting KO'd even once ends your Crazy Orders session, and you do lose a portion of your rewards as well.

On a side note, the game only records the amount of turns that you've completed, if you survived the Crazy Orders session.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
The RNG for customs really hates me. I just got 45 turns by using Fox first strike invincibility home-run bat, and got 99 custom parts, but only 13 of them were actual moves, 8 of which were new. If the custom moves rate were only higher it would be easy to unlock them all.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Yeah while it's important to keep your damage low while playing the Crazy Orders tickets, at the same time, you need it to be high if you want more HP for the Crazy Hand battle. Just be aware that getting KO'd even once ends your Crazy Orders session, and you do lose a portion of your rewards as well.

On a side note, the game only records the amount of turns that you've completed, if you survived the Crazy Orders session.
The best way to go for me is to find a metal battle and let my opponent beat me up will I have like 130 or so, picking up my bat when I drop it. I never actually lose to a metal unless its Lucario

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
When doing the Crazy Orders 20 orders challenge with Mario, when do you actually need to cash in the crazy order ticket and fight the boss? ON challenge 20 or AFTER it? i.e. Challenge 21?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
When doing the Crazy Orders 20 orders challenge with Mario, when do you actually need to cash in the crazy order ticket and fight the boss? ON challenge 20 or AFTER it? i.e. Challenge 21?
The Crazy Hand match counts towards the number of turns you've completed, so facing him as Mario on turn 20 will complete the 20 turns challenge if you survive.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
After I get the CA's, I'll grind Crazy Orders again.

Master Orders is also good for low risk/medium reward, but Crazy Orders has always been more efficient.

Chocoroko

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chocoroko
I tried 3 times to get Crazy Orders cleared with Mario. The final battle is really tough, holy crap. Never got a chance, and I was defeated easily. I went in with 150HP since I had zero stamina. I wasn't sure what turn to go in with, to get the Challenge qualified, but I went with 21 when I selected the Final Battle. I got an extra turn by defeating Metal WFT.

My CPU enemies were Pit and the creamed me, and the hands got in the way during my 10 second invincibility.

Now it's not hard to get to 20 turns, especially when my luck is good. But now I need to get through that final battle. Now I won't need to waste my golden hammer on this one, when its possible with Mario.

At the end, even though I lost, I still won 20 turns in Crazy Orders as Mario. But that challenge wants me to "clear" Crazy Orders. Sigh. So no challenge unlocked yet.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah you have to try to take advantage of the temporary invincibility by taking out the opposing fighters. By doing that, it'll become easier to take down Master Hand and Crazy Hand.

And like I've said already, you have to survive Crazy Orders in order for the game to record the most number of turns you've completed.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Theres one big problem with crazy orders

Can you explain why i got nothing but equipment on a run when i did everything from this technique

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Theres one big problem with crazy orders

Can you explain why i got nothing but equipment on a run when i did everything from this technique
Yeah, this is a pain. Getting all of the CDs makes custom moves a bit more likely, but I find that you only really get many of them after 20 turns or so, which is a pain if you still get knocked out by something stupid like a giant getting a potshot in on you, stealing your bat, and hitting you off as you try to get it back. It's not like using Smash Run or Classic Mode in the 3DS version either, where playing as a character increases the chances of customs for them showing up (Classic Mode on Wii U doesn't seem to have this mechanic, it seems more based on stage. And you can't even control who you play as in Smash Tour in a direct fashion, so it doesn't matter if it does have the mechanic or not).

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yeah, this is a pain. Getting all of the CDs makes custom moves a bit more likely, but I find that you only really get many of them after 20 turns or so, which is a pain if you still get knocked out by something stupid like a giant getting a potshot in on you, stealing your bat, and hitting you off as you try to get it back. It's not like using Smash Run or Classic Mode in the 3DS version either, where playing as a character increases the chances of customs for them showing up (Classic Mode on Wii U doesn't seem to have this mechanic, it seems more based on stage. And you can't even control who you play as in Smash Tour in a direct fashion, so it doesn't matter if it does have the mechanic or not).
Accually for classic

If your characters home stage(s) belongs the character your playing as your odds of getting a custom for that character is more than likely

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2rqzv2/mechanics_of_unlocking_custom_specials_wii_u/

Example is this

Your greninja and you pick either the kalos league or the pokemon stadium and you get the wrench most likely your going to get moves for greninja. (If you get custom moves anyway)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Accually for classic

If your characters home stage(s) belongs the character your playing as your odds of getting a custom for that character is more than likely

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2rqzv2/mechanics_of_unlocking_custom_specials_wii_u/

Example is this

Your greninja and you pick either the kalos league or the pokemon stadium and you get the wrench most likely your going to get moves for greninja. (If you get custom moves anyway)
That still seems like a rather unreliable method still. When I was doing the "Clear Classic on 9.0 without losing a life" challenge, I used Rosalina, and ended up on Mario Galaxy a lot across my many attempts. I already had all of the custom moves for her, but I didn't get many duplicates. I just ended up picking ones up for other characters, based on the stages I picked.

Chocoroko

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chocoroko
Just got back this weekend, and I picked up Smash Bros. again. Did another round of Crazy Orders with Mario and I nailed 23 turns in. The victory was too real. Now I'm driven to try more Crazy Orders to get more goodies.

E.Lopez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
roykoopa64
Very glad to find this thread! I was actually just wanting to play through Crazy Orders as best as possible to keep unlocking all the music CDs (I don't even have any tickets left so I'm paying up every time). These tips will definitely help.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
It's a shame how hard it is to get customs on SSBU. SSB3D is pretty much cake between rigging the slots and how easy it is to get high scores in Smash Run. SSBU either has painfully slow but automatic ways, amiibo for specific characters and Smash Tour, or painfully the RNG based Crazy Orders. SSBU Classic is just terrible for custom moves.

It'd probably be easier if the scoring system in Classic and All-Star wasn't so backwards.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hmmmm

I will post a link later

But i found something strange

It said on a wiki page "that way people can tell its equipment or custom move" on master orders.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'm just missing a single headgear and farming doesn't work... I'm giving up honestly. So close but this game is such a waste of time.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
^

Try my newest glitch to rig Master orders to your favor. I often get several headgear here, despite having collected them all. If you don't get it there, go to Target Blast with a Mii fighter. Pause right away at the beginning to see if there is a wrench icon somewhere in the field. If not, continually retry until you see one, and go for it.

Chocoroko

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chocoroko
I don't believe Mewtwo gets any custom moves. I could be wrong though.

In SSB Wii U, I've managed to collect every custom move, especially with the help of Crazy Orders from time to time. However, I'm still missing one headgear: the cow skull. In a few rounds of CO, I get a load of headgear, but no cow skull. The luck.

Top Bottom