• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CPUs and practice

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
I use them mainly to practice my movement and punishment options. I'll set the CPU lvl to 7 or higher and put the time limit to 2 minutes. The whole match I wavedash/waveland and try to avoid getting hit the entire match. I never go on the offensive and only attempt to punish the CPU's mistakes. This helps me perform tricky wavedashes and platform wavelands to quickly escape pressure.

Practicing powershielding against Fox/Falco (mainly Falco) on Final Destination is also a good thing to try

Zelbertoad

Smash Cadet
You can practice ledgedash while only looking at the computer to make yourself comfortable with doing it when your opponent is coming towards you.

You should always do tech with focus on your opponent in general.

You can also practice chain grabs on Final Destination.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Since every character's weight is different, I'll play infinite time matches with characters I constantly see at tournaments, practicing combos that work well against them, and getting used to the weight of a character (ex. Fox, falco).

Top Bottom