• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CPU Presents: Online Smash League The Finale

TlocCPU

Smash Apprentice
This is a tournament for MONEY with NO ENTRY FEE

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9542 for signups

ALL ENTRANTS MUST PRE-REGISTER BY POSTING IN THIS TOPIC: http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=143641

Dates: June 29-June 30

The revival and finale of my series is coming this summer. With all of the hacked wiis, I've decided to change the prizes a little bit:

1st place: $50 Paypal direct
2nd place: $25 Paypal direct
3rd place: $10 Paypal direct
4th place: $5 paypal direct

This tournament is going to continue on a clear RANKING SYSTEM. However, I realize many of you weren't around or didn't enter my previous tournaments, and that is why 1st place in this tournament is going to be awarded 2500 points. If you win this tournament, you are about 99% likely to get 1st place overall.
So what are these rankings I'm babbling about? View here:
http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=5630

The following players are exempt from amateur bracket and are going to be put directly into pro bracket based on their current ranking:
1. Jbandrew (1244)
2. SOUP (1110)
3. Hateoni (622)
4. Player-1 (560)
5. Dr. Grandpa (548)
6. Dapuffster (416)
7. NessFTW (216)
8. ZMT (190)

If ANY of these players fail to show up, additional members from the amateur bracket will be added to the pro bracket to fill the spots. However, I will be attempting to reach these players about their eligibility soon.

The tournament schedule is as follows:
Jun 29 Day 1: One giant amateur bracket. I'm not going to do pools like last time because there were too many no shows. Only people who place top 8 in this amateur bracket will get to advance to pro bracket.
Come to chat 3 around 11:00 AM PST (12 PM MST, 1 PM CST, 2 PM EST) for warmups and questions to the host. The tournament will begin at 12 PM PST (1 PM MST, 2 PM CST, 3 PM EST)

Jun 30 (day 2): This day will hold the pro bracket and all finals. The winners will receive full payment later this night.
Come to chat 3 for pro bracket at 11:30 AM PST (12:30 PM MST, 1:30 PM CST, 2:30 PM EST) for warmups and questions to the host. The tournament will begin at 12 PM PST (1 PM MST, 2 PM CST, 3 PM EST)

If you are late for your match you will be sent to losers bracket, no exceptions, so please be on time.

Tournament Layout:
This will be a somewhat unusual tournament to many of you, but west coasters will probably recognize the format as similar to SCSA.
Since there were so many no shows with pools last time, I will be doing one big amateur bracket on day one of the tournament. This bracket will contain all new entrants to my tournament series as well as the prior entrants who did not make the top 8. If you are not in the top 8 ranked here (http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=5630), you MUST show up to the chat on day one for amateur bracket.
The bracket will not be seeded in detail, but there will be minor seeding for high ranked ladder players, so there won't be any Ally vs Dabuz round 1 or something stupid of the sort. The amount of entrants allowed is unlimited, and the tournament is free to enter, so come on out and try to win some money! Amateur bracket will NOT be completed all the way to finals. The tournament will run until only 8 players remain in the bracket, and then the bracket will be stopped. If you make the top 8, congratulations, you have made it into the final 16! If not, then you do not need to show up for day 2 of the tournament unless you're just coming to see how everyone is doing.
On day 2 of the tournament (Jun 30), the top 8 players from day 1 and the top 8 players on the rankings will be seeded into a final bracket consisting of 16 players. Only these players will be awarded points. After the tournament is complete, I will add up the points and get in contact with the winners for transfer of their money.

The points system for this tournament
I have held 2 tournaments in the smash league so far, and this is the final one for the prize. I am going to be doing the points for this tournament a little bit different so that newcomers have a chance of winning the 1st place prize. For this tournament, there will be no advanced mathematical point system, instead, they will be awarded as follows.

1st: 2500
2nd: 1250
3rd: 625
4th: 310
5th: 155
7th: 75
9th: 35
13th: 15

You can view the current placings and how many points each person in the rankings has right here:http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=5630

As you can see, no matter how high a person is currently ranked, they will need 1st place to win the 1st place prize overall. However, the points they have help them towards getting 2nd and 3rd much easier, so they are still provided a bonus for entering prior tournaments!

Rules:
1. General:
* Three (3) stock.
* Eight (8) minute time limit.
* All items off.
* If time runs out during a match, Sudden Death will never be played. Use the following rules instead:
o If one player has more stock remaining than the other, the victor will be the player with the most stock.
o If the stock count is tied, then the player with the lowest damage percent wins the round.
o If Sudden Death is forced by one player using a "suicide" move (Kirby/Dedede Swallow, Ganondorf Flame Choke, Bowser Bomb, Wario Bite, etc.), then whoever initiated the suicide move wins the game.
o If both the percent and stock are tied at the end of a match, a one (1) stock, two (2) minute match will be played. This match must be played on the same level as the game prior and with the same characters. Whoever wins this 1-stock playoff wins the game.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Stalling is banned. Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. No player must grab the ledge more than 40 times in a game, with the exception of a player using the Ice Climbers, for whom the limit is raised to 60 ledge grabs. If, and only if, the timer runs out and either player has exceeded the total ledge grabs, they lose the game, regardless of stocks and percents. If both players exceed the ledge-grab limit, then the usual time-out rules will apply.
2. The first match of a game must be played on a Neutral Stage:
* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Smashville
3. Stage striking will be used to select the first stage. Agree upon who will strike the first stage. They will strike one of the three listed stages. Then the second player will strike on of the stages. The remaining stage will be where the first game is played.
4. The loser of the first game will then ask the winner to ban a stage. They must do so, or their counterpick is invalidated. The loser may then choose a stage for the second round. This process is repeated for game 3, if necessary.
5. When choosing a stage, you may pick any Neutral stage, or any of the counter pick stages listed:
* Battleship Halberd
* Brinstar
* Castle Siege
* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Lylat Cruise
* Pictochat
* Rainbow Cruise
* Yoshi's Island
* Pokemon Stadium 1
6. Any map may be played as long as BOTH players agree to it.
7. You may NOT pick a stage that you have already won on for your counter-pick unless your opponent agrees.
* If the winning player fails to announce their change in character exit out of that game immediately.
* The game will still be played on the same stage.
* The winner from the previous is now locked into their character.
* The loser from the previous match may now reselect their character.
* King Dedede must dash before re-grabbing an opponent after a down-throw, unless the situation would allow King Dedede to regrab his opponent because of a facet of the stage, as in the case of a wall infinite.

The Lag Policy
There are two types of lag in our wonderful perfect brawl wifi, and it is important for all members to understand what they are.
1st. Command Delay
This is when you press a button and the command doesn't happen for a fraction of a second. This is completely unavoidable in brawl wifi and you're all just going to have to deal with it. How far a way a person is increases this delay, but that is all distance does to lag, it has no other effect other than increasing delay.

2nd. Framerate reduction
This is a little bit different then command delay. This is when someone's personal connection is slow or does not have enough bandwidth. This is when a game is "choppy" and very difficult to play. How far away a person is does not cause this. If you play a match and this happens, you must report to me or another TO immediately. We will individually "lag test" both players in the match, and the player who is determined to have the problem will be completely DQed from the tournament, NO EXCEPTIONS.

Do not bring lag to my tournament.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
The Lag Policy
There are two types of lag in our wonderful perfect brawl wifi, and it is important for all members to understand what they are.
1st. Command Delay
This is when you press a button and the command doesn't happen for a fraction of a second. This is completely unavoidable in brawl wifi and you're all just going to have to deal with it. How far a way a person is increases this delay, but that is all distance does to lag, it has no other effect other than increasing delay.

2nd. Framerate reduction
This is a little bit different then command delay. This is when someone's personal connection is slow or does not have enough bandwidth. This is when a game is "choppy" and very difficult to play. How far away a person is does not cause this. If you play a match and this happens, you must report to me or another TO immediately. We will individually "lag test" both players in the match, and the player who is determined to have the problem will be completely DQed from the tournament, NO EXCEPTIONS.

Do not bring lag to my tournament.
Its nintendo wifi, theres going to be lag. 2nd scenario is BS too since connection varies between people. A bad connection with you = DQ? Thats BS.

8Bitman

Smash Master
WOAH!!! WTF!! BBQ!!! OMFG!!! SAY WAAHHHHH!!

thats just phucked up why would you DQ someone for their lag.. if your making an online tourney thats just nature... id love to join but 2 things...

1. its too long to read for something that could be shortened into like 3 or 4 paragraphs.. or even have half of the nonsense removed from it.

2. i have bad lag at times... and the fact that i will get DQ'd for it is obviously retarted for an ONLINE tourney.

if your we're going to have that rule then why have a prize tourney in the first place, better yet why have a tourney at all???

Top Bottom