• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corrin True Combos and Setups

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
The goal here is to immediately compile information within the OP once Corrin comes out. I will separate the combos by: which ones are true, which ones are setups (but escapable), which ones are jab locks (if he has any), and which ones are frame traps. These will be hidden in spoilers and in those spoilers for even more organization they will be assorted by move that starts the given combo. Formatting will be prepared in the near future. Combos seen in the trailer will not be added as we are not completely sure whether Corrin will end up retaining those combos. Thank you for your time (and if corrin is out at the time that you are reading this get labbing!)

Testing... One. Two. Three.
Here are the tilt combos. Beware of strict timings.

Dtilt

Dtilt -> Utilt 16% 30-50%

Dtilt -> Fair* 16% 55-80%

Dtilt -> Uair 17% 60-90%
Here are the Aerial combos.
Fair

Fair -> Jab 17-20% 0-5%

Fair -> Grab 8-18% 0-15%

Fair -> Ftilt 19% 0-26%

Fair -> Utilt 17% 0-40%

Fair -> Dtilt 16% 0-12%

Fair -> Nair 16% 20-70%

Fair -> Uair 18% 20-100%

Fair -> Fair 17% 30-95%

Fair -> Fair -> Fair 25% 25-53%

Fair -> Bair 19% 50-75%

Fair -> Side B 16% 30-40%

Fair -> FS -> Dair 17% 0-20%

Nair

Nair -> Grab 7-17% 0-5%

Nair-> Ftilt 17% 0-20%

Nair -> Utilt 17% 0-40%

Nair -> Dtilt 15% 0%

Nair -> Nair 16% 10-70%

Nair -> Fair 16% 10-90%

Nair -> Fair -> Uair 26% 30-50%

Nair -> Bair 19% 30-70%

Nair -> FS -> Dair 17% 0-10%

Uair

Uair -> Fair 18% 10-60%

Uair -> Uair 20% 10 -60%

Uair -> Bair 21% 25-55%

Uair -> Utilt 16% 0-20%

Here are the jab combos.
Here are the combos you can get after a side b.
Here are the grab combos.

Here are the tilt combos.
Here are the grab combos.

LOTS of combos coming soon.

Trust me; I know how combos work. I main greninja.

Remember to practice the combos you find on Mario in training mode and label the percents at which they work without rage.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I think i will stick in this topic when Kamui comes out (because I will need some of this combos early as possible)

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Updated and have the general format in place. Depending on what we end up finding I may change it up a bit. Everyone pray for a move that locks.

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
Don't put this in the spoiler yet, but forward air to up air looks REALLY solid. iirc it worked on Bayonetta at around 40% or so.

D

Deleted member

I'll post whatever setups I can on Wednesday, I'm incredibly excited to see what Corrin has to offer. Very well organized thread!

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Nairo concerning Corrin:

"Doesn't have a combo throw
can't use the "down" option from sideB for a 'jabreset' "

There is still hope.

Kadc

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kadc_network
Strong indication that down tilt will lead to fair and fair seems to lead to uair so Dtilt -> Fair -> uair sounds like it may work and uair is suppose to kill REALLY well so lets hope

Last edited:
I'll be labbing for a combo that leads into a Dragon Ascent finish, so that I can use green Corrin and call it the Rayquaza Combo.

Let's see what I can make as a super long combo chain from a low percent.
ftilt > pin > cancel > dtilt > fair > uair > ascent
Yeah, this looks promising. Cancel, as stated above, is a mix-up, so it can be risky.

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Sounds reasonable. Remember to practice these combos on mario in training mode and label the percents at which they work without rage. I may produce a section in the future labeling what combos work with certain amounts of rage; but for now rageless please.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Against Sheik, dtilt to utilt is a true combo from 25-51%. For Roy, it's a true combo from 25-65ish%. Against Sheik, dtilt to uair doesn't seem to be a true combo according to training mode. Against Roy, dtilt to uair is true comboing inconsistently for me all the into the 90 percents. It true combos consistently against Roy in up to around 75%. The distance from where you dtilt matters for comboing. At later percents, it seems you want to do dtilt as close as possible to follow up with a true combo.
Can we count combos that probably work against real players but training mode does not register?

Last edited:

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Against Sheik, dtilt to utilt is a true combo from 25-51%. For Roy, it's a true combo from 25-65ish%. Against Sheik, dtilt to uair doesn't seem to be a true combo according to training mode. Against Roy, dtilt to uair is true comboing inconsistently for me all the into the 90 percents. It true combos consistently against Roy in up to around 75%. The distance from where you dtilt matters for comboing. At later percents, it seems you want to do dtilt as close as possible to follow up with a true combo.
Can we count combos that probably work against real players but training mode does not register?
Thank you, I will check it out. I am considering putting the combos into three sections according to weight.

But most likely I should have what few combos I have found up before I go to sleep. Rip Side B cancel.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
I found some things, most of these are setups.

Low percents
Dtilt -> Ftilt -> Dtilt -> Charge Fsmash close range hitbox (Also works if you begin with Ftilt into Dtilt into Ftilt into charge Fsmash)
Dtilt -> Ftilt -> Dtilt -> Grab (Can start with Ftilt instead)
Dtilt -> Ftilt -> Dtilt -> Utilt -> Uair (Can start with Ftilt instead)
Dtilt -> Utilt -> Dtilt -> Utilt -> Uair (Probably dependent on character size)
Dtilt -> Ftilt -> Dtilt -> Ftilt -> Side B pin down

Mid percents
Dtilt -> Usmash
Dtilt -> Utilt -> Uair
Fair -> Fair (Does true combo)
Fair -> Uair (Does true combo)

Corgi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Corgi-of-Time
Footstool setup for roughly 57%!

Falling Nair OR Fair -> Shorthop Fair -> Footstool -> Dair -> Side B (Input direction the other player flew towards after the Dair) -> Uair

Can we call this the Corgi Combo? BECAUSE IT'S MAD CUTE.

Last edited:

Pedker

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pedker
3DS FC
1203-9337-2184
Don't have specific percents, but DFS true combos into a multitude of things. Here's a few:

Charge on DFS varies, and depends on percent (stun duration SHOULD scale with enemy %)

Followups:
DFS --> Grab
DFS --> Instant DL (Double tap Side-B as fast as possible)
DFS --> Dash Attack
DFS --> F-air strings, U-Air
DFS --> F-Smash (sweet kill confirm)
Uncharged DFS --> Fully charged bite (sweet kill confirm for like 75%+)

Theories (untested):
DFS --> PP U-tilt
DFS --> U-Smash
DFS --> Aerial DFS
DFS --> Aerial DL

I'mma go study. Thanks for having 2 tests on the 4th, school.

Down tilt is great. No point in using grabs when you have a combo starter as great as down tilt.
My Rayquaza Combo (still labbing to see if it's true) - dtilt > utilt > uair > ascent - performed at 0%, deals about 37%
Down tilt also combos directly into Dragon Ascent, and at most low percents it's a true combo.

Another awesome true combo: Lunge pin cancel into Chainsaw Fsmash, or lunge pin cancel into fully charged Dragon Fang Combo

Last edited:

Starhover

Smash Rookie

Falling Nair OR Fair -> Shorthop Fair -> Footstool -> Dair -> Side B (Input direction the other player flew towards after the Dair) -> Uair

To build off of this, I think I've found a good mix up. Falling Nair -> shorthop fair -> fastfall d-tilt -> u-tilt -> fullhop nair -> fair ->dragon ascent.
This also does about 57%

This seems to work on characters with fast nairs like Mario if you space your initial nair and fair just out of range of his nair. For characters that can recover out of the shorthop fair, you can fastfall shield and punish them.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Neutral b true combos into aerial side b for the kill

Ijuka

Smash Ace
I noticed that the counter is insane at edgeguarding Firefox. It seems to kill at any reasonable % you'd expect the Fox to be firefoxing, and it launches so straight up that they probably can't even tech. There even is the slowmo so it will not miss, and you will be able to get back even if you go very deep for the counter.

Of course it's not suited for gimping at a very low % but I guess you can suicide gimp with dair.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can anyone help test if this is true or not? I was messing around with Corrin in training mode and discovered this. I was able to land on it Wario a few times, but the timing is more strict with him. It works best on fastfallers.

Fair > Grab > BThrow > Move slightly > Side Special > Forward

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
I really love Nair as a combo starter. Comes out super quick, can be autocancelled if they make a mistake, covers a wide area, and the rear hitbox is really good too.

FF Nair -> F-tilt or Jab at low %
FF Nair -> Fair strings
FF Nair -> Grab at low %
FF Reverse Nair -> Bair at mid %
FF Nair -> Up Air at high %

My favorite mixups out of landing the charged neutral b are as follows:

Neutral B -> Aerial Side B (Super potent, kills at 60-70 at the edge, can sometimes get the pin if timed right for extra damage)
Neutral B -> RAR Bair
Neutral B -> Fair strings for damage
Neutral B -> Up B (If you catch them in the air and don't have a good way to lance them or bair them, dragon ascent kills around 120-130 on most characters)

I feel like Corrin has a ton of setups that are super easy to perform. Corrin's gonna be really good.

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
I found a setup at the ledge which seems deadly and is worth looking into, but I doubt Corrin players will get it often. If you get a grab on the ledge, pummel, into an air release, on some characters you can tipper side-B for the kill from as early as ~65% from the release. I get this number from testing on Sheik (which it works on :bee:) and estimating the real kill % by taking into account proper DI (in training it killed at 61%).

Things I don't know: if it's a true combo, the exact kill %s, and who it works on; in any case, even if they can airdodge, airdodging when they are a decent distance away from the stage and below ledge level is a bad idea for many characters.

It's worth noting that I tested on 3DS, Final Destination. I'm not sure if side blastzones are bigger for 3DS as well as ceilings, but if that's the case then it kills even earlier on Wii U.

I posted this in the stickied gameplay Q&A thread, but thought it belongs in here as well.

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
Corrins main way to setup UAIR combos is down and up tilt..

Which is true but we might find out more options..

I love the fact that Corrin has one of the best UAIRS in the game.

Corrin is around Ike or higher Tier wise from what we know...

Some proffesionals say High Tier others say Mid Low Robin level or Ike

Last edited:

NachoOfCheese

Smash Ace
NNID
NachoOfCheese

No.
i figured out this kill confirm, FH Fair into Side B

https://gfycat.com/TintedLankyAustraliankestrel

Edit: I named this the Cor Combo (kinda like a ken combo but for corrin). Hoping it becomes a viable option in corrins gameplay
I love this. Gonna test for DI later today.

AJb1205

Smash Cadet
NNID
AJb1205
Does Kamui have a sweet/sour spot for his regular sword moves? I know he has the tipper for his smash attacks.

Trunks159

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Trunks159
Corrins main way to setup UAIR combos is down and up tilt..

Which is true but we might find out more options..

I love the fact that Corrin has one of the best UAIRS in the game.

Corrin is around Ike or higher Tier wise from what we know...

Some proffesionals say High Tier others say Mid Low Robin level or Ike
To early.
Falling Fair > Fair > Fair

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
would it be possible to extend forward air chains with platforms?

Eureka

Smash Ace
Can anyone help test if this is true or not? I was messing around with Corrin in training mode and discovered this. I was able to land on it Wario a few times, but the timing is more strict with him. It works best on fastfallers.

Fair > Grab > BThrow > Move slightly > Side Special > Forward
No not at all that wouldn't work. While you can link fair to grab at low percents there's plenty of time to act after back throw before hitting the ground. Even if there wasn't they could still tech.
would it be possible to extend forward air chains with platforms?
Possibly, the problem with it is that unlike characters like ZSS and Mario with their up air strings Corrin's forward air has a decent amount of landing lag to it. It might still work, but you'd need to hit the autocancel windows pretty tight.

JediSange

Smash Apprentice
Last night I felt like I was able to do Jab -> Jab -> Dtilt. I didn't have a lot of time as I have a 9-5 deal. But I wanted to see if anyone else has been able to do this or has thoughts on it.

Thanks!

Benoas

Smash Cadet
This shouldnt be a new thread, please post it in the general gameplay or combo thread, this will be locked soon

Top Bottom