• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corrin Disjoint Data: Dragon Fang Moves

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
While we wait for actual hitbox/hurtbox visualization to become a thing, I figured it might be a good idea to test and see how much disjoint Corrin's moves pack. Specifically, moves that have parts of his/her body transform often have special effects that mask the underlying hurtbox so their disjoint may be hard to assess visually.

For those who don't know what "disjoint" means, here it is as defined by the Smash Dictionary:
"Disjointed"/"Disjoint"- Where an attack has a hitbox that extends far away from any hurtboxes and is not a projectile.
Even though Corrin has great range, some of his/her moves can leave him/her open for retaliation. This isn't a problem with most of the moveset since a given move will likely clank with (or even beat) most other moves, but since Fsmash and Dragon Lunge (DL) have item priority, they will often lose to any hitbox. Given that both attacks are integral parts of Corrin's kit, knowing where the hurtboxes end is useful and allows for wiser spacing.

Without further ado, here are images for the moves I tested. Note that some of these might not be 100% accurate, as trying to get a phantom hit/glancing blow for every move proved quite hard and beyond my own abilities. For the moves without a phantom hit/glancing blow, the pictures shown indicate the spacing after which moving the character just a few pixels would get Corrin hit.

Jab 1:

As an added bonus, I also tested jab's range: roughly a character length away.

Rapid Jab:
It seems with rapid jab Corrin's head or foot might be hit before his/her arm.

Dragon Fang Shot Bite
Notice the glancing blow near the tip of another Corrin's fsmash charge hitbox. This move was particularly tricky to test, as it is most likely to clank with anything that isn't transcendent or flagged with "trample" (like Corrin's fsmash charge or Mac's ftilt, among others).

Fsmash:

Dsmash (back hit):

Upsmash:
I couldn't find other horizontal projectiles that could pass over Corrin during upsmash. Note that the upsmash charge animation has a lower hurtbox, but not meaningful enough to make a difference in most cases (except for Link's full charge arrow that can't hit Corrin during the charge but can during the actual move).

Dragon Lunge:
Notice the glancing blow.

Testing was done with the CPU set on control, 1/4x speed with frame advance. The Super Star item was used for moves that would obviously hit the opponent before they could attack.

Bair and Up-B could also use some testing but both are beyond what I can do alone, unfortunately.

Hope this helps!

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Fantastic work. Corrin thrives off of disjoint, so this is invaluable data. Any plans for sword attacks, like tilts or Nair/Uair?

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Fantastic work. Corrin thrives off of disjoint, so this is invaluable data. Any plans for sword attacks, like tilts or Nair/Uair?
Seeing as the tilts usually have her arm visibly swing/move I didn't think they were as important to test, so no, not for now. As for aerials, I tried working something out with bair for over half an hour without success, so I just gave up lol. Granted I would like to see how disjointed dair is, 6WX cancelled dair's landing animation on Diddy's banana on stream earlier today so it might have substantial disjoint.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Good stuff.

A note on usmash, Corrin's arms aren't raised at all; her highest hurtbox is her head. Would include pictures but my 3ds is refusing to connect to wifi for some reason and I don't have my microsd adapter on hand.

Nair's speararm disjoint seems similar to the sword's.

Granted I would like to see how disjointed dair is
HUGE. It's in the running for most disjointed dair in the game.

Last edited:

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
I've managed to duck under Bayonetta's Fsmash while being in Usmash animation, the Bayo failed to punish me after succesfully landing a Witch time.

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
I've managed to duck under Bayonetta's Fsmash while being in Usmash animation, the Bayo failed to punish me after succesfully landing a Witch time.
Sure it didn't just collide with the smash attack? Her smash attacks have a different priority I think is known as item-priority so they're basically cancelled by collision with practically any other attack.

Not that it matters really.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
My hitbox visualizer doesn't understand Corrin.

DAIR: http://i.imgur.com/rycFMa5.gif
This one is fine and dandy.

UPSMASH: http://i.imgur.com/DXcM4c9.gif
So yeah, are they supposed to be so tiny? They are all extended hitboxes.

I want to get GIFs of more of Corrin's moves, but I wanted to check if I'm displaying extended hitboxes correctly.
It's drawing the first set of coordinates, but ignoring the second set that it extends to, it seems. The fourth hitbox should be stretched from X=8 to X=-8, for example.

The end result should look something more like this:

Last edited:

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Sure it didn't just collide with the smash attack? Her smash attacks have a different priority I think is known as item-priority so they're basically cancelled by collision with practically any other attack.

Not that it matters really.
Yes, however the Bayonetta player is a novice player and doesn't space the Fsmash, meaning he stand next to Corrin when he charges it. However, it was very situational and I doubt decent bayonetta's won't forget to space their smashes in witch time.

Furil

Smash Apprentice
It's drawing the first set of coordinates, but ignoring the second set that it extends to, it seems. The fourth hitbox should be stretched from X=8 to X=-8, for example.
Ah, I see. Thank you!
So here it is fixed: http://i.imgur.com/otrJHRP.png

Do you happen to know how fsmash works?
My parser doesn't get anything and SmashCommand gives this:
Code:
Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=9)
Unknown_C02(Unknown=9)
Set_bit(Unknown=0x2100001B)
Unknown_A21(Unknown=0x2100001C)
Unknown_A5B(Unknown=0xA)
Unknown_23A(Unknown=0x2)
Unknown_425(Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x3)
0xF885CB9C
0x00000002
0x41000000
Script_End()

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Ah, I see. Thank you!
So here it is fixed: http://i.imgur.com/otrJHRP.png

Do you happen to know how fsmash works?
My parser doesn't get anything and SmashCommand gives this:
Code:
Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=9)
Unknown_C02(Unknown=9)
Set_bit(Unknown=0x2100001B)
Unknown_A21(Unknown=0x2100001C)
Unknown_A5B(Unknown=0xA)
Unknown_23A(Unknown=0x2)
Unknown_425(Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x3)
0xF885CB9C
0x00000002
0x41000000
Script_End()
Fsmash (and sideB) have their actual hitboxes tied to the spearhand article. After frame 9, it jumps to this (in weapon/kamui/spearhand):
Code:
Synchronous_Timer(Frames=8)
Unknown_AC8(Unknown=0x7D4, Unknown=0x0)
Special_Hitbox(Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x7D8, Unknown=12, Unknown=0x32, Unknown=0x63, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x23, Unknown=3.5, Unknown=1, Unknown=0, Unknown=0, Unknown=0x19, Unknown=0, Unknown=0.8, Unknown=1, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x9, Unknown=0x3F, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0xF, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0)
Extended_Special_Hitbox(Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=11, Unknown=0x32, Unknown=0x63, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x23, Unknown=3, Unknown=0, Unknown=10.8, Unknown=15, Unknown=0x19, Unknown=0, Unknown=0.8, Unknown=1, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x9, Unknown=0x3F, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0xF, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0, Unknown=10.8, Unknown=9.5)
Synchronous_Timer(Frames=1)
Special_Hitbox(Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x7D6, Unknown=15.2, Unknown=0x32, Unknown=0x69, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x23, Unknown=2.2, Unknown=-1, Unknown=0, Unknown=0, Unknown=0x19, Unknown=0, Unknown=1, Unknown=1, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x9, Unknown=0x3F, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0xF, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0)
Synchronous_Timer(Frames=1)
Special_Hitbox(Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x7D6, Unknown=16.5, Unknown=0x32, Unknown=0x69, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x23, Unknown=2.2, Unknown=-1, Unknown=0, Unknown=0, Unknown=0x19, Unknown=0, Unknown=1, Unknown=1, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x9, Unknown=0x3F, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0xF, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0)
Synchronous_Timer(Frames=4)
Remove_All_Hitboxes()
Script_End()

Top Bottom