• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data COMPLETE: Ice Climbers Hitboxes and Frame Data

X1-12

Smash Champion
Part of the on-going Stratocaster's Hitbox Project
Credits:
Frame data: SuperDoodleMan
Image compiling: Stratocaster
Image Editing: X1-12

All gifs are at 1/3 game speed, all aerials are while falling, and therefore the hitboxes stretch up. If you want to see a still image of any frame, post in this thread and I'll upload it for you.

Jab

Total: 29
Hit: 4-7
Window of the backswing: 3-29
IASA: 16
Backswing starts: 14 (or later)

Jab 2

Hit: 5-7
IASA: 18

F-Tilt

Total: 31
Hit: 6-9
IASA: 28

F-Tilt (Up)

F-Tilt (Down)

D-Tilt

Total: 34
Hit: 8-11
IASA: 29

U-Tilt

Total: 49
Hit: 8-9, 11-12, 14-15, 17-18, 20-21,
23-24, 26
IASA: 42

Dash Attack

Total: 41
Hit: 11-12
IASA: 38

F-Smash

Total: 47
Hit: 13-14
IASA: 47
Charge frame: 7

Up Smash

Hit: 14-18
IASA: 44
Charge frame: 8

D-Smash

Total: 39
Hit: 6-11
IASA: 36
Charge frame: 2

N-Air

Hit: 6-23
IASA: 46
Auto cancel: <5 30>
Landlag: 20
Lcanceled: 10

Up Air

Hit: 6-23
IASA: 30
Auto cancel: <5 27>
Landlag: 32
Lcanceled: 16

B-Air

Hit: 8-11
Auto cancel: <7 19>

D-air

Total: 65
Hit: 3-52
Auto cancel: <2 58>
Landlag: 25
Lcanceled: 12

F-air

Total: 59
Hit: 19-22
IASA: 55
Auto cancel: <2 55>

Grab

Total: 30
Grab: 7-8

Dash Grab

Total: 40
Grab: 7-8

Blizzard

Total: 79
Hitboxes appear every five frames
from 16 to 56
Each hitbox lasts 11 frames
Total hit window: 16-66

Ice Shot

Total: 59
Hammer hit: 15-20
Ice appears: 17
Ice lasts: 61 frames

Squall Hammer (Side B)

Total: 89
Hit: 12, 14, 17, 20, 23, 27, 31, 35, 41, 47, 55
Landfallspeciallag: 4

Belay (Up B)

Total: 89
Nana hits: 17-59
Nana invulnerable: 5-59
Nana becomes falling: 60
Only Popo total: 42
landfallspeciallag: 25

Air Dodge

Invulnerable 4-29 out of 48

Spot Dodge

Invulnerable 2-18 out of 27

Roll Forward

Invulnerable 4-19 out of 31

Roll Back

Invulnerable 4-19 out of 31
13th longest roll (thx M2K)

Jump: airborne on frame 4

Air time: 58
Earliest FF: 29
FF air time: 46

SH air time: 30
Earliest FF: 16
SH FF air time: 21

2nd jump earliest FF: 28
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright thats all for now, tell me what other moves you would like to see (techs, techrolls, missed techs, get-up attacks, etc) as well as what is good and what should be better about this (gif speed, other stuff...)

all of gifs are free for anyone to use as well as the images (to be uploaded and posted here soon)

part of a series for every character hopefully - Stratocaster's Hitbox Project

Last edited by a moderator:

X1-12

Smash Champion
The synced version of squall hammer should be up there as well.
I'll for it, but I don't collect the images myself. Please bear in mind that we have the whole cast to do

i'd like to see double down-b to see how much space it covers.
It will cover the same distance from the middle? so twice as much space as the popo only

X1-12

Smash Champion
Thank you. ♥

I now know that the belay hitbox is on nana's head lol.
Nana hits: 17-59
Nana invulnerable: 5-59

I believe that the green part means a hitbox and an invulnerable box, so most of the move she hits with her whole body

PEEF!

Smash Hero
This is awesome and I will be sure to consult it.

Honestly if there is some way for the dual version of most of these moves to be shown that would be awesome, especially the tilts and smashes.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
this is awesome lols. thanks!

fair is too good :D i have a new appreciation for that move lately and seeing the actual hitbox reaffirms why i love it

blizz looks awesome LOL its like hes firing a bunch of hadoukens

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Also, I really really would like a down-tilted Ftilt and Up tilted ftilt.

But ill repeat: Double climber hitboxes for pretty much everything would be amazing.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Up tilted and down tilted ftilt I usually put in, but I didn't know they had one. I'll try and add that soon... um I don't know why double climbers would be helpful at all because nana can be different distances away from you, and all her attacks are the same as popo's relative to herself...

green is invulnerable, I don't know of any difference between green and blue at all. Green is the color that you are when you spawn invincible, and a few other random cases.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
The synced version of squall hammer is a very different move from the solo one and Nana is always in the same position relative to Popo while doing it.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Up tilted and down tilted ftilt I usually put in, but I didn't know they had one. I'll try and add that soon... um I don't know why double climbers would be helpful at all because nana can be different distances away from you, and all her attacks are the same as popo's relative to herself...

green is invulnerable, I don't know of any difference between green and blue at all. Green is the color that you are when you spawn invincible, and a few other random cases.
Green is the version of invincibility when you take hitlag. Blue means you cannot interact with a hitbox in any way.

And synced squall is very different. The tilted ftilt would be great as well. If you don't want to do doubles then you don't have to haha.

smakis

Smash Ace
only me that find it hilarious that jiggs have several hitboxes extending beyond her body (lolbair) while a lot of ice climbers hitboxes doesnt even cover the entire hammer =D

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Wobbling hitboxes as well with the other infinites, making it easier to see the timing of those things (even though blizzobling is quite obvious)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Wobbling hitboxes as well with the other infinites, making it easier to see the timing of those things (even though blizzobling is quite obvious)
I don't thin think blizzobbling is any more obvious than wobbling, not to mention wobbling is probably the easiest grab thing you could possibly learn, and blizzobbling is perhaps the hardest.

Blizzobble hitboxes would be cool to see imo.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
knowing that the fsmash hitbox is a diagonal line has SERIOUSLY helped my edgeguarding

thank u for this thread

looks like theres 2 diff hitboxes within it tho

which one is stronger? the wider one or the one closer to popo?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the bigger hitbox does 14% damage
the smaller hitbox does 10% damage
knockback values are equal on both.

thus, the wider hitbox is stronger.

Binx

Smash Master
so dash grab would be slightly faster than jc grabbing for ICs then since you have to cancel the jump, and even 1 frame canceling leaves it 1 frame slower, however its also 10 frames less if you miss. However since we are iceclimbers we also have to take into account that Nana will be able to act 10 frames sooner on a jc grab which could definitely make the difference between an escape and a combo.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Hmm, how does it work with boost grab (brawlterm, might be wrong one) where you put in a for a jab and direcly after do a grab that atleast with fox gets more lenght, so it might be useful for IC´s if it´s fast enough?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Binx: Any character can do it I'm pretty sure. You can see with Kirby how he gets the little wisp of fire before he grabs, or Mario and Doc making their dash-attack sound effect before grabbing.

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
Characters that have a momentum boost get's a bonus, I believe you got a 3-5 window to cancel the dash attack animation.
Thus only characters with a momentum boost within these frames get a length bonus.. that's why mewtwo for example kinda moonwalk in place when you A+Z grab/Boost grab..

Those that gain most from boost grabbing are, Sheik, Marth, Fox, Roy(I think) the rest either make you lose length/speed or don't make any difference.. I believe IC don't gain anything/even lose momentum from boost grabbing.

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
Also, I really really would like a down-tilted Ftilt and Up tilted ftilt.

But ill repeat: Double climber hitboxes for pretty much everything would be amazing.
I agree,having both would show the best possible information,also,have both of them using the down special in the air,if they hit the ground,no lag,and also,the hitboxes are still out,they both fire in the same direction.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Do i get this correct with a pivot desynched jab to dsmash?

jab
Hit: 4-7
Window of the backswing: 3-29
IASA: 16

dsmash
Hit: 6-11
Charge frame: 2

0 first press
4 jab hits
6 input for nana dsmash is neccesary
8 dsmash charge(?)
12-17 dsmash hits (as long as not charged)
16: popo has IASA frames, meaning he can move from this
Nana iasa :41
total: 44

If its wrong, is it that i should start to count it 1 frame earlier for the pivot and input on the jab? (and if so , does nanas jab slow this down?

Vanitas

Smash Ace
The animations have disappeared! And a synced squall might be nice to see even though everyone explained it already, a visual would be helpful!

Top Bottom