• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Imo, gravity codes need tweaking so that character jump height isn't nerfed. If you look at Metal forms, they all have heavier gravity, yet they jump the same height. We need a code that can take that quality, but to a lesser extent.

EDIT: I thought of a code solution that should be quite possible to do.

Make a code that acts as a magnifier to the distance of all upwards motion (jumping, recoveries, and being knocked upwards).

Almost like an upside down gravity code if you will. The difference is that gravity is always on while jumping and being launched upwards has a starting point of execution, but decreases until it is zero again.

WeirdoZ Inc.

Smash Apprentice
How about something that increases gravity, but at the same time increases jump strength/height by the same percentage?

Is it possible to increase jump strength/height globally?

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Just a note: One thing I've noticed about metal is that as well as making your jumps higher, your shorthops are about the same (if not also higher). So making characters fall faster is not the only change one would need if we wanted shorter short hops along with our faster falling.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I think jump height should be the only thing modified to go along with the increased gravity. Vertical knockback should just go along with the increased gravity.
wait, so you want Fox's U-smash and other moves with vertical trajectory to barely lift opponents off the ground because of how heavy the gravity is? That's the point of increasing the power of vertical trajectory because the gravity fights against it.

SGX

Smash Journeyman
It would be unnecessary to increase the gravity to the point of making U-smashes useless.

I feel that normal moves send the player on too much of an upward trajectory to begin with.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Point is that gravity mods nerf these things, and several people won't even consider using gravity because of them. It's also the number 1 complaint I get when I ask people to try out Brawl+. I think it would fix so many things to and make gravity feel more natural.

MasterRaichu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EddieJ86
3DS FC
2337-4950-9512
Point is that gravity mods nerf these things, and several people won't even consider using gravity because of them. It's also the number 1 complaint I get when I ask people to try out Brawl+. I think it would fix so many things to and make gravity feel more natural.
If it's possible to hack the trajectory speed in addition to the gravity, it definitely needs to be done. The higher gravity solves the Brawl floatiness problem, but for people like me who play Sonic, it almost completely nerfs below stage recovery. I'm not sure how it affects every single character, but I know that my triple jump is at least HALVED...

anyways, I think that trajectory speed hacking is a good goal to move toward. It would keep up the combo game without disabling certain characters...

Speaking of disabling characters... how's that Sonic insta-air trip fixer coming Kupo (and hacker that Kupo speaks to)??

storm92

Smash Ace
Speaking of disabling characters... how's that Sonic insta-air trip fixer coming Kupo (and hacker that Kupo speaks to)??
As kupo said somewhere else, character specific codes will be placed after the physics and mechanics code are done. We still have the shield stun, DD, perfect shield hacks, and a ledge mechanics codes before we get Phantom Wings to worry about char specific codes.
At least, I'm just regurgitating information I've read.

kupo15

Smash Hero
As kupo said somewhere else, character specific codes will be placed after the physics and mechanics code are done. We still have the shield stun, DD, perfect shield hacks, and a ledge mechanics codes before we get Phantom Wings to worry about char specific codes.
Well sonics Air trip thing even though its character specific, its a different kind of char specific. I feel that should be fixed soon.

Here is my plan:

-Shield fixes (hopefully out pretty soon)

-Ledges + mobility (DD)

-Stupid glitches

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I wonder if this is possible...

Is it possible to hack and access the maps available on Emissary mode? The ones that are purplish in color, and look all weird, but are simple like FD, Battlefield, and Smashville. It'd be awesome to be able to play this in versus, some of them (from what I remember) are pretty cool.

Revven

FrankerZ
I wonder if this is possible...

Is it possible to hack and access the maps available on Emissary mode? The ones that are purplish in color, and look all weird, but are simple like FD, Battlefield, and Smashville. It'd be awesome to be able to play this in versus, some of them (from what I remember) are pretty cool.

No, you can't use ANY SSE stages as they are in a completey different folder and are of a completely different compression type to that of normal Brawl multiplayer stages. Hackers have said it is impossible because of it.

MasterRaichu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EddieJ86
3DS FC
2337-4950-9512
It's not actually a "character specific" code that needs to be fixed. The current Triple-jump glitch code has a nasty side effect. While it fixes the landing lag on many characters, it actually breaks Sonic a little bit and causes him to air trip constantly after his Up-B is used and you've touched the ground. Supposedly it also causes Snake to not be able to use his Up-B after it's been used once. Both can be reset by grabbing any ledge, but if you fail to do so, Snake can't use his triple and Sonic just goes into a tumble and dies. I would post a video of it but I don't have any equipment.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
new code idea....

make it so you dont tilt with the cstick while holding that direction with the analog. aka, while holding down on the analog, pressing C down should make u d smash like in melee, not dtilt like in basic brawl

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
No, you can't use ANY SSE stages as they are in a completey different folder and are of a completely different compression type to that of normal Brawl multiplayer stages. Hackers have said it is impossible because of it.
Bummer. It would be awesome to have some new stages. They got fights on the all-star mode screen to work though, right? It's kind of weird how SSE would have such unique parameters...

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
Bummer. It would be awesome to have some new stages. They got fights on the all-star mode screen to work though, right? It's kind of weird how SSE would have such unique parameters...
Not really Sakurai himself said SSE was like completely different game, or something to that effect I don't remember the exact quote.

SteveTV

Smash Apprentice
I would like to see a lightning mode modifier on that list. I did a search for "lightning mode modifier" and came up with nothing so without reading hundreds of posts I can only imagine I'm the only one who wants this. I have a feeling it would be more useful than most might think. Anyway, I hope someone at least considers it.

Revven

FrankerZ
I would like to see a lightning mode modifier on that list. I did a search for "lightning mode modifier" and came up with nothing so without reading hundreds of posts I can only imagine I'm the only one who wants this. I have a feeling it would be more useful than most might think. Anyway, I hope someone at least considers it.
Uhh... no, this isn't for just any old code, this is for Brawl+ to make Brawl BETTER or expand on it. You're in the wrong thread and forum in general.

SteveTV

Smash Apprentice
I personally think incrementally increasing the overall speed of the game WOULD make it better. I feel like I think to much, and slightly increasing the speed of the game would make the game more of an extension of my hand, rather than a game that I play. That's how I felt about melee, and I miss that feeling. And as I said, I at least want someone to consider the notion, but thanks for shooting me down right away, and telling me my ideas are not welcome here. I'd appreciate it if you at least told me why you think increasing the speed would make it worse. And just so I'm not misunderstood, I'm talking about stepping it up the same way as gravity. Increase it by like 1.1X then maybe step it up a bit more if that doesn't quite do it. I don't like lightning mode, I just think that's the key to increasing game speed by small fractions.

Almas

Smash Lord
A flat out game speed increase isn't the way to go about it, though. The gamespeed can be increased in different ways (such as hitstun and weakening shields) that also serve to rebalance the game (hopefully in a good way).

That said, the code shouldn't be that hard to produce since there's already a game mode based on it, so I'm surprised there isn't one existing already.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I personally think incrementally increasing the overall speed of the game WOULD make it better. I feel like I think to much, and slightly increasing the speed of the game would make the game more of an extension of my hand, rather than a game that I play. That's how I felt about melee, and I miss that feeling. And as I said, I at least want someone to consider the notion, but thanks for shooting me down right away, and telling me my ideas are not welcome here. I'd appreciate it if you at least told me why you think increasing the speed would make it worse. And just so I'm not misunderstood, I'm talking about stepping it up the same way as gravity. Increase it by like 1.1X then maybe step it up a bit more if that doesn't quite do it. I don't like lightning mode, I just think that's the key to increasing game speed by small fractions.
I think that shield stun, nerfed ledges, DDing will help make the game feel better and faster.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I can't wait for Dash Dancing. The ledge thing will be alright; I like either one. Shield stun is going to be nice, but I think power shielding should be fixed first. What I'm saying is, while the normal shield will be weaker, powershielding will be as strong as ever until it is fixed too.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I can't wait for Dash Dancing. The ledge thing will be alright; I like either one. Shield stun is going to be nice, but I think power shielding should be fixed first. What I'm saying is, while the normal shield will be weaker, powershielding will be as strong as ever until it is fixed too.
I PMed Y.S. which included shield stun, PS, and ledges code. No word yet...I hope he picks them up..

SteveTV

Smash Apprentice
A flat out game speed increase isn't the way to go about it, though. The gamespeed can be increased in different ways (such as hitstun and weakening shields) that also serve to rebalance the game (hopefully in a good way).

That said, the code shouldn't be that hard to produce since there's already a game mode based on it, so I'm surprised there isn't one existing already.
That's a good point. I just always see people asking for ways to change momentum in the air while still changing gravity, and I wonder if improving speed might eliminate the need for changed gravity. I think that hitstun plus possibly nerfed knock-back might take care of it by bringing the fighters closer together. Then speeding up the game via a lightning mode modifier might help with the floaty feeling by giving you less time to over-analyze.

Just so I'm not misunderstood again: I like the change in gravity, but it seems to effect a few characters in a less than ideal way which then spawns requests for slight tweaks in characters in order to bring the balance back. Ideally, I think keeping the characters as close to the way they are is best. After all it is a fairly balanced game, but it's just lacking what my friends refer to as ninjatude. I like the way that added gravity allows you to keep the game on the ground, but I feel like brawl was designed with more of an aerial fighting style in mind. I'd like to try an option similar to what I've outlined above because I think it would be a totally different game than what's currently being created. I love what's coming out, but I think before a standard is set we should try out several options, and combinations of codes. However, if Brawl+ is just aiming to make the game melee then Falco400 was right to dismiss me, and I'll walk away. I realize that's a totally different debate that I haven't been a part of, and I don't want to start that discussion in this thread because it doesn't belong here.

EDIT:
I think that shield stun, nerfed ledges, DDing will help make the game feel better and faster.
Also a good point.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Has grab releasing been talked about. Ex Marths grab release on ness, and yoshis on ganons.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Hey guys, it's been a while since I've checked on the code projects, but I wanted to drop by and as ka question that was sparked by debates I've seen in a few other threads.

Also, no flames plz, I'm only asking because I don't have the ability to pursue this myself, and I'm still technically supposed to be doing stuff for the project.

So, spawn points for items are determined by running an algorithm to select one of many predetermined points on any given map, right? Is there any way to force a spawn point? Like, for instance, always spawn an item in the middle of a stage or something? I know there are other priorities, I just keep hearing people say stuff about the randomness of spawn points, and was wondering if it could be done.

Revven

FrankerZ
So, spawn points for items are determined by running an algorithm to select one of many predetermined points on any given map, right? Is there any way to force a spawn point? Like, for instance, always spawn an item in the middle of a stage or something? I know there are other priorities, I just keep hearing people say stuff about the randomness of spawn points, and was wondering if it could be done.
Yes, you could force an item to spawn on a certain spot. If it's within the coding somewhere, it could be done (and it likely can since there are multiple spawning points on stages). You're just telling the game to drop X item here at the certain X timeframe. You could even change the frequency for how long until the next one drops, say, 30 seconds later as long as it is in the coding somewhere.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
No joke. Hell, we're already hacking the hell out of Brawl for Brawl+; I see no reason why hacks couldn't be implemented to fix the problems with item play. We have hacks to force Pokemon to spawn; how about hacks prohibiting Pokemon from spawning? Or just the basic spawn hacks I asked about? There really are some cool possibilities, and I really wish I had a USBGecko and some hacking experience so I could explore them.

Top Bottom