• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo Breaker 2015 Re-Announced

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Combo Breaker presented by CyberPower // www.combobreaker.org
Set to take place May 22-24, 2015 at the The Crowne-Plaza O’Hare hotel in Chicago, Combo Breaker 2015, the chosen successor to the Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament series, represents one of the largest Midwest tournaments of the year and features Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Wii U.

What: Melee and Smash 4 Tournament
When: May 22-24, 2015
Where: The Crowne-Plaza O’Hare in Chicago, IL​

Combo Breaker ups the ante this year by expanding the dedicated staff and presentation for its Melee and Smash 4 events. The tournament staff has brought in trusted community tournament organizers Robin "Juggleguy" Harn and DeShane "D. Disciple" Strong to help run the Smash events to ensure that things run as smooth as possible. Regardless of the presence of other FGC tournaments at the event, Combo Breaker intends to deliver a Smash tournament experience worth your travel time.

As part of this expanded focus, Combo Breaker is upgrading Melee and Smash 4 to a dedicated stage at the venue, where attendees will be able to enjoy an entire weekend of uninterrupted Smash action complete with stage lights and extravagance. To ensure that the quality of this stage meets Smashers' expectations, the tournament staff is very excited to announce that VGBootCamp will be on-site broadcasting all weekend. From tournament pools to Top 8s to special auction events, Calvin "GimR" Lofton and team will bring your time under the lights the national recognition it deserves. Complimenting VGBootCamp will be D1, TKbreezy and selected regional voices mic’d up and providing live, in-house commentary all weekend long!

Finally, Combo Breaker is thrilled to announce that its Super Smash Bros. for Wii U tournament will feature a $1,000 pot bonus, courtesy of www.gaminggenerations.com. Gaming Generations has been an active supporter of Smash recently, filling the equipment needs of Apex 2015 and other events, and the team looks to continue helping Super Smash Bros. Wii U in its efforts to bring new players into the community.

More details, including discounted room booking, can be found here at the Combo Breaker thread under the Smashboards tournament listings.

Hope to see everyone this May!

Rick "TheHadou" Thiher
Robin "Juggleguy" Harn
DeShane "D. Disciple" Strong

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
BAM7 and this are on the same date, I don't know what to do ;_;

Grubert

Smash Rookie
Yeah aren't a lot of top players going to be in Australia for BAM7? Mango, Leffen, Armada? This tournament will suffer viewership-wise if it is competing with another Mango-Leffen 1000$ MM.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yeah aren't a lot of top players going to be in Australia for BAM7? Mango, Leffen, Armada? This tournament will suffer viewership-wise if it is competing with another Mango-Leffen 1000$ MM.
It's a complete non-issue due to the Australian time zone difference. You'll be able to watch the BAM7 top 8 in the morning and the Combo Breaker top 8 in the evening.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
I can vouch for Rick and Combo Breaker as I will be there helping out with the event.

As for viewership it's all about the attendees and competitors but Rick reached out to guys like JuggleGuy to make sure it's a perfectly smooth and fun event for those that can make it out.

Just chiming in that if you have the means to make this event, you won't regret it.

BWG_Zeta

Smash Extrordinaire'
Damn this should be really hyphe! I'll prob be obsessing over stream the whole time lollol

NNID
MasterHavik
I like this.

Just hope it isn't during ACEN.
Acen is may 15th through the 17th. Acen is looking good too. I'm heading there. I don't know if I'll have cash to go to this one or not. I need someone to spot me my prereg and at least 10 bucks to enter smash 4.

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
Wow, I'm really feeling it in my pants right now, cause of that POT mONEY

Top Bottom