• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

dettadeus

Smash Lord
denver's definitely the best place to be for melee since all but like 2 of the best melee players here live in the denver area, and there's usually one or two meets a week where everyone goes to practice

BIGSmeez

Smash Cadet
NNID
BIGSmeez
3DS FC
0920-1652-8184
Yeah wavedash Wednesday at All That And A Bag Of Chips, it's in aurora off iliff and Peoria, it's a friendly meet mostly melee and PM

BIGSmeez

Smash Cadet
NNID
BIGSmeez
3DS FC
0920-1652-8184
I haven't been to play there yet, stopped by last week and watched a match or two at the tourney they were holding, it's a cool place with plenty of friendly people. I'll be there tomorrow with a buddy to practice so come by!!

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
(TGC) Texas Gaming Championships Announcement: For those who missed the announcement on the MLG.Tv stream the new championship series is called Texas Gaming Championships. TGC is a professional video game championship series featuring the best players in Texas competing in variety of tournaments to see who is the best. TGC events will feature top player rankings in Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Ultra Street Fighter 4, Pokemon X & Y, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Mario Kart 8, Killer Instinct. TGC will also feature a BYOC (Bring Your Own Console) area and any game that has more than 8 entrants will qualify for running a tournament. If the any game gets more than 16 players or more consistently I will add it to the official game lineup. The benefits of it being added to the official game lineup is rankings and sponsorship. If you are in the top rankings you will get media coverage such being in articles, tv, etc. For sponsorship for the games, sponsors will give out money and prizes to the official lineup of games and they will have priority. Space in the BYOC area will be limited so this is a 1st come 1st serve. Our 1st TGC event is projected to be Feb 2015. We realize the potential of growth in these events so I want to introduce Tournament Helpers. I will be creating a list of venues to host these events and have a few in mind. This and more is what can brought to the table as long as we get everyone's support. For more details and announcements click like on our like page at https://www.facebook.com/TexasGamingChampionships and stay tuned for updates!

Tournament Helpers: A tournament helper will help run the brackets and make sure the tournament is being run on time. We always will be looking for Tournament Helpers and volunteers so if you are interested contact me at www.tgcseries.com/contact-us

TGC Tournament Leaders: AirbrushKing and Xyro/Allan Sims. ABK will be running Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and Xyro will be running Smash Bros Wii U/3DS.

TGC Helpers: Sylint/Justin Brown - Ultra Street Fighter 4
Quince Easter - Killer Instinct
Sync or Player 4 - Pokemon X & Y
Rocket Trainer - Mario Kart 8

#1: Magazine Coverage: Young Houston Magazine is a magazine that covers fashion, music entertainment and much more. They currently do not have a gaming section in there magazine but i brought the idea to the CEO of the magazine and he is interested in doing a article featuring the top ranking players. I have a graphics team that will create the graphic layout for the magazine and these magazines will be available for print and online. Once the 1st issue of the magazine is out with TGC being featured I have a some more magazine company's who are interested in this idea as well. This will add a new audience and gain new readers which will turn into new players being added to the Texas Gaming scene.

#2: Tv Coverage: Fox 26 and Channel 11 are interested in covering TGC events. I have other stations that I been in contact with and will make an announcement at a later time.

#3: Mobile App: Me and my team are creating a TGC mobile app. This app will feature top player rankings, events, announcements, livestream and much more. This app will be on 3 platforms Android, iOS and Windows. In this app will feature a share button so you can share it with all your friends and contacts in your phone.

#4: Sponsors: Devry University was one of my 1st sponsors and sponsored a TYS event with prizes and prepaid visa credit cards. I have been talking to alot of sponsors and getting close to deals so once everything is set in stone I will be making some announcements so stay tuned!

#5: Press: I will be talking to the Houston Press, Newspaper, Greensheet and other press sources about featuring TGC as an article. I can see about getting TGC on the cover as well. I got the cover of the Houston Press back in 2012 so this is possible.

#6: Radio: I have alot of friends that work at 97.9 the box and will be talking to them and other radio stations about TGC.

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
....Wavedash Wednesdays is in Aurora? I had no idea...
I'm deducing they happen every Wednesday, but what time do they happen? Is there anywhere I can find more info?
EDIT: Maybe I should look on the Facebook page....

Last edited:

BIGSmeez

Smash Cadet
NNID
BIGSmeez
3DS FC
0920-1652-8184
....Wavedash Wednesdays is in Aurora? I had no idea...
I'm deducing they happen every Wednesday, but what time do they happen? Is there anywhere I can find more info?
EDIT: Maybe I should look on the Facebook page....
What time is wavedash Wednesday at all that and a bag of chips?
Yessir every Wednesday It's 5pm-11pm on the north west corner of iliff and Peoria in aurora 2 doors down from the qdoba, give me a minute and I'll try to link All That's fb page and the colorado smash fb page for you guys!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Is everyone doing alright? There has been a lot of flooding recently. My place is fine; which is nice because I got flooded out last September. I hope everyone's okay.

BIGSmeez

Smash Cadet
NNID
BIGSmeez
3DS FC
0920-1652-8184
Denver Metro Area has been pretty ok, nothing to crazy, thankfully it's not like last year where the whole state flooded!!

Tanea

Smash Ace
Hi eveyone I'm from Littleton I'm pretty active would be nice to know people in the area that love smash. I can't wait for the holiday season !!

BIGSmeez

Smash Cadet
NNID
BIGSmeez
3DS FC
0920-1652-8184
Hi eveyone I'm from Littleton I'm pretty active would be nice to know people in the area that love smash. I can't wait for the holiday season !!
Do you come down to All That ever?! If not it's in aurora they do $1 tourney every Wednesday and usually a meet up on Saturdays

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Forgive me if I'm bumping, but I am interested in joining up tournaments or friendlies in the Denver area.

My main motivation is gaining experience when the tournament scene picks up steam with the new Super Smash Bros. games coming out later.

Chocoty1er

Smash Rookie
NNID
tylermpowell
3DS FC
2062-9460-7105
Forgive me if I'm bumping, but I am interested in joining up tournaments or friendlies in the Denver area.

My main motivation is gaining experience when the tournament scene picks up steam with the new Super Smash Bros. games coming out later.
Denver is where a lot of the better players are we usually meet at a place called All That and a Bags of Chips in Aurora.

I also saw that you are from parker thats where I'm from we have a few of us here more like 4 but we usually drive to All That

Also the facebook page is also where we talk about everything we have going on its called Colorado Smash https://www.facebook.com/groups/248367238515394/

Last edited:

Satisfyler

Smash Cadet
Hey Colorado, I'm from the Nebraska scene. It is very likely that I will be living in the Boulder area soon and I'm trying to see if I could make the trip out there into a tournament road trip with a friend. Would there happen to be any upcoming tournaments in CO? (preferably in Denver/Boulder)

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Btw, for anyone not on FB, Revelation is this saturday.

POWER RANKINGS - Updated June 28th, 2014

Brawl:
1. Fishbait
2. Rubio
3. Bees
4. Detta
5. Avalon
6. SunnySunny
7. BasedMexican#Kony
8. Lalo
9. Lion
10. Keyo

PM:
1. SDSG
2. Fishbait
3. Ferdi
4. Lovo
5. Ace
6. Afro
7. Nite$
8. Keyo
9. Detta
10. GMS
Honorable Mention: Hatz! and Syrox

Melee:
1. SDSG
2. Lovo
3. Ace
4. Afro
5. Keyo
6. Erg
7. Roman
8. Lee
9. Detta
10. Mikezor
Honorable Mention: Syrox

Rizen

Smash Legend
^I don't have facebook because I tend to waste too much time online as is, lol. Can you post the time, location, etc on the OP please?

Chocoty1er

Smash Rookie
NNID
tylermpowell
3DS FC
2062-9460-7105
Revelation PM Singles Results:

1: CT ZeRo
2: Slip-N-Slide
3: FishBait :)
4: Ferdi
5: Hatz!
5: Ace
7: Nite$
7: LoVo
9: COJoe
9: The Lion
9: FLA.Syrox
9: Mystryu
13: Studmonger
13: messi
13: PSG | MJG
13: Keyo
17: Krusty Kid
17: Shannonsa
17: EZ
17: Detta
17: GOOse
17: Ownage Parade
17: Wink
17: GrandMaster Sexay
25: NopeAntz
25: HolyNugz
25: Niko
25: Lee
25: Grape
25: Roman
25: LittleGQ
25: Bees!
33: Spooky
33: Sapo
33: badwolf
33: DTL
33: Turtle
33: Wumbo
33: Bambi
33: Aggro
33: SIR+
33: Snacks
33: Rebel
33: Zeno
33: Nice Orbit
33: peoN
33: JoKul
33: Swami
49: Goomy
49: Dymentius
49: Snow
49: Riah
49: Boo
49: Maconga
49: Bunta
49: flex
49: Albinomoose
49: PTP
49: xDarkSkyx
49: Chublet
49: BloodyChains
49: Sad
49: Mikki
49: nunchakuz
65: Swid
65: FauxHawkAce
65: BasedMexican#Kony
65: Finn
65: OddishGuy
65: Darkrye
65: GutwrencherTTD
65: BigKorea
65: TheComebackKing
65: Indigo
65: Jiffy
65: Primitive
65: Dad
65: Chilled
65: DeF
65: Blue7
65: Royalness
65: G3rm
65: DJ
65: Bounty
65: OystaKilla
65: Tank Feely
65: Sol-Leks
65: Hazy
65: Slope
65: Yung Leo
97: Irish
97: Joe CO
97: Inigo

Chocoty1er

Smash Rookie
NNID
tylermpowell
3DS FC
2062-9460-7105
Revelation Brawl Singles Results:

1: CT Zero
2: MJG
3:Bees!
4:Messi
5:Detta
5:Fishbait :)
7:DTan
7:TP
9.BasedMexican#Kony
9:DOGG
9:Soapy
9:xDarkSkyx
13.BloodyChains
13:Draco
13:Finn
13:Steez
17.G3rm

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Wow
Zero came down to steal your money.
How thoughtful
no the TO actually payed a round trip ticket for him to come in an attempt to get other states to come but they all bailed at the last minute except MJG

it's still easily the largest tournament we've had, for PM and possibly Melee at the least

dualblindfold

Smash Rookie
Are there any active players around CO Springs? I just moved here and posted on the facebook page to see if anyone wanted to play but it seems like everybody is around Denver. Didn't have anyone respond

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
($1100 pot bonus warning)
Okay, Guys, it's tournament almost season in Nebraska

October 11th is Roll Tier X4($1100 total pot bonuses), which features $500 pot bonuses for both melee and PM each and $100 on a free sm4sh tournament (must sign up for at least 1 other event to register for it and byo3ds), free Pizza from Little Caesars and free Venue fee amongst tons of other hype bonuses!

However, you must PRE-REGISTER for this event!

October 18th is IT HAS BEGIN (possible pot bonuses TBA), which features 64, brawl and the very first open sm4sh tournament Nebraska smash is running, Free Pizza from Little Caesars and free venue amongst tons of other awesome bonuses!

RTx4
https://www.facebook.com/events/334665033369521/363630763806281/?ref=notif&notif_t=plan_mall_activity

http://smashboards.com/…/oct-11-2014-roll-tier-x4-remix-11…/

IT HAS BEGUN

https://www.facebook.com/events/1453310801604341/?ref=70

http://smashboards.com/…/oct-18-2014-it-has-begun-ne-first…/

Please, sign up for Roll Tier X4 if you haven't already
https://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/42457

Top Bottom