• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaRappa the Rapper

Smash Cadet
He down voted Pichu and Ridley, clearing he's trying to stir stuff up.
Down voting Pichu is stiring stuff up?

Pichu was a lousy joke character in Melee and we already have 7 Pokémon's in the game. Lots of people (including me) would be very disappointed if PMBR spent time on Pichu instead of a new character.

Edit: Mah bad, you were clearly joking lol

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
Da fuq does "fahshetious" mean, man?
Saying things meant not to be taken seriously.

Pichu was a lousy joke character in Melee and we already have 7 Pokémon's in the game. Lots of people (including me) would be very disappointed if PMBR spent time on Pichu instead of a new character.

Yeah, though it does still stir certain people up.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion

I want Pichu.... :(

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman

I want Pichu....

Just because Pichu was lame in the last game doesn't mean that he has to be the same way here. There are plenty of interesting ideas that have been thrown around in regards to revamping his playstyle while still maintaining his underdog/troll persona.

Pichu is the only Melee vet with no representation, and he does a lot to fill a niche that P:M doesn't have yet.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Stop right now.

Pichu not being interesting and Pichu being interesting is a can of worms opened too many times already.

Everything that needed to be said has needed to be said.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Question: WHY? :eek:
1) I want to see the rest of the Melee cast (Toon Link is basically Young Link at this point)
2) I want to see what the PMBR could do to make Pichu not suck
3) His icon was found in the common5.pac of 3.0
4) He would be the easiest to do and therefore one of the most likely

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
At this point it seems inevitable that a Pichu argument is gonna spark every now and then by someone who won't even try to understand why people want him.

Anyways, since my last post got shoved at the bottom of the page a few pages ago, no one seemed to notice my question. Instead of repeating it, I'll just quote myself:

Does Galacta Knight qualify for the clone engine? I know there is practically zero support for an additional Kirby character, but he can be cloned easily off MK and bring a new weapon to the table for all you diverse-weapon lovers.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Is Galacta eligible? I don't know Galacta Knight tbh, but he looks like he can bring some variety with that lance-cone(?) of his.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Galacta Knoght would be a pretty interesting potential clone, in almost the same vein as Dark Samus.

To take up the clone slots, (since we now heard Ridley won't even take up a slot if they add him),

Hmm...

Dark Samus
Lyn
Isaac
Galacta Knight
Dixie
(Ridley is also implied here)

That's not bad. I could also enjoy Pichu in the Galacta Knight space, but either way I'm down. (Then again, don't listen to me, aside from about the obvious. I like alot of things.)

Edit: Unless its hidden somewhere, Galacta Knight doesn't seem to be in Brawl anywhere, so there goes that.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Couple pages back, homie. DrinkingFood said it. (Pretty sure he's a PMBR dude.)
He was just saying that he thinks Ridley would be a ****ty addition to the roster. And I'm pretty sure he's not a member of the PMBR. They wouldn't be so expressive about a clone engine candidate.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
He was just saying that he thinks Ridley would be a ****ty addition to the roster. And I'm pretty sure he's not a member of the PMBR. They wouldn't be so expressive about a clone engine candidate.

Weird. Well I guess I'm stupid then, I didn't get that from his post at all. I do however concede that is probably the case.

Well, in that case, I'm glad I was so grossly wrong about his PMBR status. Poor Ridley.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Weird. Well I guess I'm stupid then, I didn't get that from his post at all. I do however concede that is probably the case.

Well, in that case, I'm glad I was so grossly wrong about his PMBR status. Poor Ridley.
I understand why you would be confused. Drinkingfood does know a lot about the technical aspects of the game and always answers people's question on other threads.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Big Boss(Metal Gear Solid 3) for Project M! (half-serious, but it would be interesting to see if he used different weapons than Solid Snake.Perhaps he could use various parts of Solid Snake's older movesets. Rocket Side-Smash/Nikita Side-B anyone?

Chaos Wolf

Smash Cadet
I think Simon Belmont makes the most sense if one needs to be 3rd party. We already have Dracula's Castle, and Castlevania used to be a big thing for nintendo. I know very little about Castlevania, but odds are there's something that could be made out of it.

Other good choices in my opinion... Harvest Moon is unlikely to be in SSB4 but is fairly popular on nintendo consoles, Jack maybe? Battle Network was almost exclusively Nintendo based, but Capcom could be a risky call

If we're going specfically to use characters from third parties already in brawl (read, Sonic or MGS), I'd suggest Chaos, Dr Robotnik or Emerl for Sonic's choices. Emerl is the least important of the three, but could provide some interesting gimmicks with it's own version of an ability absorption like Kirby's hats.

MGS... Big Boss or Revolver Ocelot could serve as interesting choices, I'd love to see a Metal Gear Rex in as a PC at Giga Bowser's scale, but that seems... unlikely.

(on an unrelated note, I found an old moveset (from A attacks to taunts and victory poses) of Meowth, as well as a few others, should I post them?)

Edit: (Ok, the Movesets I have are

Meowth
Snagem Trainer Wes (simplified to Espeon and Umbreon for a theoretical Project M)
Spike (Ape Escape, PS1 game, long story)
Piposaru ("")
Master Chief (More of a joke than anything real, constrains to brawl's "NO real guns" rules)

MLGF

Smash Lord
Big Boss.
You literally wouldn't even need to change his voice, the model editing is minimum, Snake has enough moveset potential to have two slots, and the Snake codec becomes even more hilarious.
I'm not for TP, but Big Boss is pretty perfect.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Big Boss.
You literally wouldn't even need to change his voice, the model editing is minimum, Snake has enough moveset potential to have two slots, and the Snake codec becomes even more hilarious.
Big Boss would indeed be a great choice, and an easy one, like you said. Also from MGS, Gray Fox would be neat to see. He's so damn cool and could work as a lightning-fast character. Though he'd be much harder to make than BB.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Pichu statement, Ridley statement, 3rd party character statement, too big, too small, too irrelevant , too relevant, Sonic tier, Vanilla Knight Tier, Ganondorf with sword, and Ganondorf without sword. Man that was a good discussion guys!!! GREAT WORK!!!! -pats everyone on the back-

HEY I HAVE A SWELL IDEA~!!! When Smash 4 comes out and is modded to hell with about a million Shadow recolored Sonics, we can wait 4 years to see a PROJECT B that will incorporate the fantastic mechanics of Brawl into the game. I can't wait to start tripping again~

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Why not Liquid? I mean seriously, he'd be pretty simple to make into a Snake clone.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I was about to say, have all of you forgotten about Liquid. He'd just enter the stage with that mullet of his and your inputs would just suddenly stop working.

Can't do nothin to the mullets. Mullets for top tier.

PaRappa the Rapper

Smash Cadet
Big Boss.
Big Boss could be an alt costume to Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom