• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash Tournaments Will Not Be Streaming At Apex 2015

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

EDIT: Since the article was originally posted Apex has released other statements that are included below.

In a recent announcement on Twitter, CLASH Tournaments has stated they will no longer be streaming at Apex 2015. It was also announced that this was done against Chibo's wishes as well.

CLASH Tournaments released this statement to Smashboards on the matter: "Our issues were only with Alex Strife and not the rest of Apex staff. After the drama yesterday they had continued to work through this and continue on with the event, which anyone would agree is commendable and only further proof that Apex is not just Alex Strife but the collective work of the rest of Apex staff, and the entire community at that. I had attempted to continue on with work in the same way, until I was told to leave."

Apex has also released it's own statement on Twitter regarding the announcement:

It is unknown the exact details at this time but it may be related to the post made on /r/smashbros yesterday about Alex Strife and various details about Apex 2015 and previous Apex events. At this time VGBootCamp is still planned to stream smash related events with Bifuteki covering all traditional fighting game content. There is no word yet on if any more streamers will be added to cover the event.

EDIT: Apex has now also released the follow statement:

It seems like everything always gets announced on Twitter. Follow SmashCapps on Twitter to keep informed of the biggest news stories right away.

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
so chibo does the community a huge favor and still gets punished for it? no good deed goes unpunished

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Spooky and Jaxel were both present last year, so i'm curious if they'll be contacted to step in.

Conti

Smash Ace
this is absolute bs, people are mad, CT doesnt deserve this when they were mearly trying to help the community be in a more positive enviornment

Last edited:

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
That's too bad, the more streamers the better for these tournaments, I hope they release word on what the drama was all about soon

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Dont jump to conclusions quite yet. No one knows exactly what happened, but its possible an NDA was broken related to a sponsor which wouldve given them no choice.

juddy96

Smash Lord
Spooky and Jaxel were both present last year, so i'm curious if they'll be contacted to step in.
Jaxel has stated several times during his streams (before the scandal came out) that he had no problem with Alex Strife, but he felt disrespected that he was the 4th stream last year after doing a great job as the main stream in years previous. He decided to not bother going to Apex to stream this year. Maybe he will change his mind now.

Last edited:

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
All the stuff that happened and apex hasn't even started yet.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Things sure are shaping up into an exciting year ahead.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
This is the political drama of the Smash Scene...

I sure hope this mess doesn't get anyone else in trouble.

I understand that CT had to speak out, but they probably knew something like this would happen. At least they did the right thing, regardless of the consequences.

cron0

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cronoestar
Apex is really not doing a great job of making themselves look too glamorous right now. Yes, CT stepped on toes, but if some toes are needed to be stepped on to remove a dangerous individual from not only the tournament but community then stomp on toes. The fact that Apex hasn't made any kind of statement about how they let Strife operate for years with this kind of behavior is baffling.

Calling Clash unsafe is laughable, considering they were holding a monster in their rank for years. Not only that, but now they have to answer for actually being responsible for pushing PM out of the series and affiliated channels. People aren't happy and they certainly aren't making any effort to amend things.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Apex just keeps on getting more disappointing. First no customs, then Alex Strife, then CT not being allowed to stream because Chibo was brave enough to strike back against Strife. I wonder what else are they going to do next.

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent
"Breach in confidentiality" does not mean an NDA from some company was broken. This has nothing to do with being "brave enough to strike back," this has everything to do with posting details that were private about Apex Series and their staff, and likely the private information regarding Crismas and her relationship with Alex Strife. It was unprofessional and completely unnecessary. The information about past event problems, stream issues, and callouts, those were all things that despite Alex being at the head, still leave people with a bad taste in their mouth for Apex. These are things that going in, you're expected to not talk about. Bad things happen in ANY event hosted by anyone, sometimes multiple parties are involved and they regret their decisions or choices. The undeniable fact is that Chibo EXPLICITLY and KNOWINGLY let out information that defaces the Apex series, which hasn't been Alex Strife's baby in years. A lot of what he said was personal agenda pushing, as much as I hate to admit since I know him personally. He's moving on, Apex is moving on, you all should be moving on along as well. Your heroes aren't always who you think they are.

TL;DR
"Thanks for ****-talking our original organizer, our stream partners, our staff, our event that dozens of people have worked hard on, here, please stream for us! Oh, leaking personal details about someone close to the event, too? Please, take MAIN STAGE stream as well!" is essentially what many of you are saying is how it should be handled by Apex staff. Which is absurd.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

you guys care way too much about things that arent beating the opponents asses

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
Clash's removal had nothing to do with the victims of sexual harassment. Rather, his overall unprofessional actions (3/4)
What? I always thought Clash had a great professional aproach to Smash, first the ****ty Smash4 rulesets and now this? Come on Apex you can do better!

Zoa

Smash Ace
Ugh. This APEX is off to a horrible start. I really have no reasonable comments about this. It's looking pretty crappy. I may end up just skipping it this year.

Ephenilliac

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ephenilliac
3DS FC
5455-9900-2775
Kind of waiting to see how the tournament will actually play out now seeing all the things that have been happening with Apex these days

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent
In This Thread: People that aren't getting it. Read my above post if you are seriously unsatisfied with Apex's ruling here.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Jeez. So much wrong with this whole situation. Chibo did the right thing and no matter what, he can be happy knowing that the people support him.

I'm pretty damn glad I wasn't going to APEX in the first place now.

Top Bottom