• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
Apparently a new Japan-only Nintendo Direct is tomorrow, focusing on upcoming 3DS games.
Doesn't that sound like a possible time to reveal Chorus Kids?
I would say no, just because, judging by the leaks, Chorus Men have to be unlocked, and I don't think Sakurai plans to show the hidden characters. I'll be happy to see Duck Hunt Dog's trailer though. That and Chorus Men are the two characters I'm most curious about. Although if Andy made it I would no doubt try to main him.

To be honest though Sakurai may have to resort to 'unlockables' if he wants to try and disprove the leaks.

Also I think there was some talk of Nintendo releasing new information at PAX, so if we don't see Smash in the upcoming direct, we might see new information at PAX.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Apparently a new Japan-only Nintendo Direct is tomorrow, focusing on upcoming 3DS games.
Doesn't that sound like a possible time to reveal Chorus Kids?
I'm not going to put my hopes up too incredibly high.. but I can't help but get excited with the possibility! Rhythm Heaven IS pretty dang popular in Japan..

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Personally I'm hoping for a new Rhythm Tengoku game tomorrow.

Probably not happening though because TSUNKU's condition. I'll take Warioware then.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
On one hand, I'm honored that you think I have what it takes to run anything.

On the other hand, I have absolutely *no* business running a thread like this. I'm not even certain as to what information could be considered fresh or new, aside from the stage select screen's potential empty slot.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I think were at the point where we need a new thread owner of the Chorus Kids thread.
The OP needs to be updated with fresh new information. Someone who really likes the Chorus Kids like @ SomewhatMystia SomewhatMystia or @Glaciacott for example.
I agree.

Um, if either of you guys (or anyone else) aren't up to taking over the thread, I'd absolutely love to take the job. The Chorus Kids are my definite most wanted character; I've actually been wanting a Rhythm Heaven rep for a very long time now, and after seeing that the possibility of one is actually plausible in Smash 4, I've been incredibly hyped for the idea of the Kids.

Aside from that, I do have quite a few ideas for additions/alterations to the OP and I'd like to say I'm reasonably knowledgeable of the events of Gematsu and Rhythm Heaven in general. I've even scribbled up some brainstorming of a moveset for 'em.

I feel like I could do a relatively "superb" job with it! :grin: (if nobody else wants to, of course)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think were at the point where we need a new thread owner of the Chorus Kids thread.
The OP needs to be updated with fresh new information. Someone who really likes the Chorus Kids like @ SomewhatMystia SomewhatMystia or @Glaciacott for example.
I could just update it with new information if that's what's best. Louie hasn't been here in a while.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I agree.

Um, if either of you guys (or anyone else) aren't up to taking over the thread, I'd absolutely love to take the job. The Chorus Kids are my definite most wanted character; I've actually been wanting a Rhythm Heaven rep for a very long time now, and after seeing that the possibility of one is actually plausible in Smash 4, I've been incredibly hyped for the idea of the Kids.

Aside from that, I do have quite a few ideas for additions/alterations to the OP and I'd like to say I'm reasonably knowledgeable of the events of Gematsu and Rhythm Heaven in general. I've even scribbled up some brainstorming of a moveset for 'em.

I feel like I could do a relatively "superb" job with it! :grin: (if nobody else wants to, of course)
This is just nosy curiosity but which character did you most want before Gematsu?

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
This is just nosy curiosity but which character did you most want before Gematsu?
I honestly didn't favor any one character because I never really thought a RH rep would happen until now, but I guess you could say I leaned a bit towards Karate Joe.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, I'm thinking of things to add in the OP in Louie's absence. In particular, I wish to talk about their prominence over other Rhythm Heaven characters, the "trios won't happen because Ice Climbers" debacle, the lack of CSS leak status so far, and possible moveset ideas (I still need to finish my special set).

Sound like a good course of action so far?

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Okay, I'm thinking of things to add in the OP in Louie's absence. In particular, I wish to talk about their prominence over other Rhythm Heaven characters, the "trios won't happen because Ice Climbers" debacle, the lack of CSS leak status so far, and possible moveset ideas (I still need to finish my special set).

Sound like a good course of action so far?
I think so. In my opinion, a big spiel of movesets and more counterarguments in general need to be added for a more complete OP. Perhaps you could also include a brief history of the Gematsu and Ninka leaks in regards to the points that tie into them? (not the main focus of course, there definitely needs to be a bit on what they could do in specific)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'd have to say, once my want for an RH rep became stronger, It was more or less Ms. Rhythm (Rhythm Girl) I mean, don't get me wrong, I still want her badly, (No, not in that sense for anyone whose mind is in the gutter right now.:rolleyes:) I just mean that she, Chorus Kids (since Gematsu, Yes, I'll admit it, I've wanted them since Gematsu.) and Marshal or Marshal w/ Ms. Ribbon and Cam. And if none of them, then Rhythm Monkey (who I affectionately gave the pet name "Beat" for a while.)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I added some more of the common arguments I've seen against them to the OP, along with what I think are solid counterarguments. Anything else, other than a moveset (working on it :p ) you'd like me to add?

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I added some more of the common arguments I've seen against them to the OP, along with what I think are solid counterarguments. Anything else, other than a moveset (working on it :p ) you'd like me to add?
Great additions so far, you're a fast writer! All the arguments are spot on, I love it.

Oh, there also needs to be a ton of supporters added, I believe from page 34 on.. Have fun with that. :tired:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I agree.

Sure, you can take over. You seem extremely dedicated to Rhythm Heaven! I like RH, but I just got into it, I feel I don't deserve to own it if I don't know a lot about RH. Just gotta ask a mod to take over by PMing them.. I don't think Louie G. will be back anytime soon.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's a bit longer of a process than that. I'll bring up the idea though and go through procedures.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Sure, you can take over. You seem extremely dedicated to Rhythm Heaven! Just gotta ask a mod to take over by PMing them.. I don't think Louie G. will be back anytime soon.
Indeed I am pretty dedicated! c:
However, seeing as how Opossum is updating the OP I might want to wait a while in case Louie gets back. That said, I still do want to fix it up a bit and add some thoughts that have been floating around in my head for some time.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Indeed I am pretty dedicated! c:
However, seeing as how Opossum is updating the OP I might want to wait a while in case Louie gets back. That said, I still do want to fix it up a bit and add some thoughts that have been floating around in my head for some time.
It's been weeks since he last returned, I honestly doubt with that time span that he'll come back very soon, he's probably busy with schoolwork to update the OP. It's better to take over now than to wait.

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
It's been weeks since he last returned, I honestly doubt with that time span that he'll come back very soon, he's probably busy with schoolwork to update the OP. It's better to take over now than to wait.
Fair enough. I'll leave it up to the mods then, and if he returns sometime soon I can hand it back.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To play Devil's Advocate...we're so close to release. Is changing the OP really something that matters at this point? I could just continue to edit it as you guys need it. :3

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
To play Devil's Advocate...we're so close to release. Is changing the OP really something that matters at this point? I could just continue to edit it as you guys need it. :3
Meh, you're probably right.. We'll know the fate of the kids in two weeks anyway. (barring that another leak doesn't come out of nowhere again) I'm probably just underestimating how fast time flies, like woah, two weeks?

Thanks for the help though! :)

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Well, I already contacted Mario_and_Sonic_Guy about ownership earlier, so as long as the whole thing isn't too much trouble on account of the moderators I could still work on it.

So, who's getting up for the 3DS Direct tomorrow? I'll be sure to immediately scream in this thread if a Rhythm Heaven game or the Chorus Kids get revealed.. It starts at 6 AM over here though, oh joy..

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
It's up to BluePikmin11 but you could possibly add the Chorus Men icon in his signature, if he/she gives the thumbs up. Also I guess update the support list, always good to show off. But hey, easier said than done, so if your short for time, don't bother.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
So I've been traveling for a week and I now I see it was the worst week to be out lol. So much stuff happening. Ah the days when simple text leaks reigned and Gematsu arguments going in circles were the norm. Speaking of which, the Chorus Kids are now the last members of the list hey maybe that still has some validity (got to hold on to something right?). By the way what's the general consensus, do people generally believe that we have the whole roster already?

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I'd imagine that if it's not the whole roster, we've only got one or two characters left, outside of DLC (assuming that DLC is indeed a thing).

I'm gonna guess Chorus Kids out of hope and... I don't know, probably another clone like Dixie Kong or somethin'?

FancysaurusRex

Smash Apprentice
The thing I found odd is how the Chorus Men are the only remaining unconfirmed characters mentioned in every verifiable leak (Bar Ninka/Vaanrose). That's gotta mean something, right??

And yet, I've had this sinking feeling we've gotten the full roster now. And the all star pic we got today that doesn't include Ridley with Samus isn't helping. But I will continue hoping to beat the beat!

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
So I've been traveling for a week and I now I see it was the worst week to be out lol. So much stuff happening. Ah the days when simple text leaks reigned and Gematsu arguments going in circles were the norm. Speaking of which, the Chorus Kids are now the last members of the list hey maybe that still has some validity (got to hold on to something right?). By the way what's the general consensus, do people generally believe that we have the whole roster already?
Welcome back! Yeahh, I'd say it's been quite the hectic week around here..

So, regarding the roster.. I'd just like to point out that the leaker did acknowledge that there are in fact more characters to come that weren't in the roster image.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c..._complete_still_more_characters_we_do/cjwgmos

The leaked image of All-Star mode locked supports his claim aswell.

I apologize if this is common knowledge, but I've seen way too many people jump to conclusions and write the leaked roster off as final. Not saying you guys are, it's just easy to assume that given the many who are under the perception of it being final.

That said, we know for a fact that the Kids are still up in the air.. and increasing in likeliness with Shulk's confirmation at that, so worry not my fellow chorus members! (the Chorus Kids social thread should totally be named something along those lines when they're confirmed :smirk:)

Gombukelp

Smash Apprentice
If the Chorus Kids don't get announced with an official trailer before release i'm betting on that they are hidden characters kinda like Toon Link and Wolf were in Brawl. Lucario and R.O.B weren't officially revealed on the Dojo until after Brawl had been released either, so the case could very well be something similar with the Chorus Kids.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
If the Chorus Kids don't get announced with an official trailer before release i'm betting on that they are hidden characters kinda like Toon Link and Wolf were in Brawl. Lucario and R.O.B weren't officially revealed on the Dojo until after Brawl had been released either, so the case could very well be something similar with the Chorus Kids.
I hope this is the case though it seems odd that a new series representative wouldn't get a trailer announcement before release, I think. But I mean at this point I'd take anything even a Pacman-like closed door anticlimactic reveal.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
As amazing as a reveal trailer for them would be, (shoutout to @KimmotMan :grin:) you're most likely right. Going off of previous games, Sakurai seems to enjoy saving the extremely unique, non-expected, not as widely known, "WTF" characters for the last few unlockables. This would lend credence to the missing stage in the stage selection screen, perhaps being the Rhythm Heaven stage unlocked with the Chorus Kids near the end of the unlockables. It'd definitely make a lot of sense.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'm the opposite, I think they will be starter given their series is relevant and current popularity.
And if they aren't in as starter, I think they are cut from the roster and being made as DLC.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I'm the opposite, I think they will be starter given their series is relevant and current popularity.
And if they aren't in as starter, I think they are cut from the roster and being made as DLC.
Hmm, I wouldn't go as far to say they're automatically DLC if they're not a starter. Admittedly, Rhythm Heaven isn't exactly the most cashcow-inclined advertisement material to sell the game (outside of Japan, at least), as opposed to highly requested franchises and characters such as Mega Man, Shulk, or Pokemon reps. They generally go with those kind of iconic and extremely popular/wanted characters for the starter roster, and the Chorus Kids scream unlockable to me. (I swear, that pun wasn't intended..)

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Hmm, I wouldn't go as far to say they're automatically DLC if they're not a starter. Admittedly, Rhythm Heaven isn't exactly the most cashcow-inclined advertisement material to sell the game (outside of Japan, at least), as opposed to highly requested franchises and characters such as Mega Man, Shulk, or Pokemon reps. They generally go with those kind of iconic and extremely popular/wanted characters for the starter roster, and the Chorus Kids scream unlockable to me. (I swear, that pun wasn't intended..)
Still, Pikmin for example is a new series that was in Brawl and was decently relevant and popular at the time, and Olimar was starter. That's why think Chorus Men (and Shulk) are starter.

Top Bottom