• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Hmm... Ever since I first heard about the potential Chorus Kids/Marshal leak I didn't really know what to think of it. Obviously I'm in support of a franchise that previously didn't have a rep getting one, and the potential for a unique play style due to their Rhythm based nature is certainly appealing. Even after hearing people's potential move sets I just don't know how they would play exactly. I guess in a lot of ways they've become my dark horse candidate for most interesting newcomer depending on how they're revealed and how they play in the game (IF they are in the game, I've already got my hopes up for too much as it is...).

Also one question for the people here, what would be wrong with having just Marshal exactly as the character as opposed to the three? I mean I do understand that the multiple individual characters usually have fairly unique play styles, so is it just that or what exactly?

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Marshal is boring.
Chorus Kids are not.

Why have one Marshal when you can have 3 cuter Marshals with bowties?

The music-based trio can, in my opinion, not only represent the series better but lend itself better to rhythm and the minigames in the Rhythm Heaven universe.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Hmm... Ever since I first heard about the potential Chorus Kids/Marshal leak I didn't really know what to think of it. Obviously I'm in support of a franchise that previously didn't have a rep getting one, and the potential for a unique play style due to their Rhythm based nature is certainly appealing. Even after hearing people's potential move sets I just don't know how they would play exactly. I guess in a lot of ways they've become my dark horse candidate for most interesting newcomer depending on how they're revealed and how they play in the game (IF they are in the game, I've already got my hopes up for too much as it is...).

Also one question for the people here, what would be wrong with having just Marshal exactly as the character as opposed to the three? I mean I do understand that the multiple individual characters usually have fairly unique play styles, so is it just that or what exactly?
Marshall and the Chorus Kids aren't the same, just similar. The Chorus Kids come from Glee club.
It is my belief that the Chorus Kids, all 3, rep RH better than marshall since they would represent how many RH minigames involve groups of identical creatures performing an action together.
Also, a rhythm based moveset would work well for the Chorus Kids by having each individual doing a move in turn.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Oops I wasn't really aware of the differences between the two, kind of just thought Marshal was either a specific Chorus Kid or something, I don't really know what I thought honestly. I've never played any of the Rhythm Heaven games so I don't really know much about them other than what I've read in Smash forums and in a couple of articles about the games I've read. And if having Chorus Kids is the better way to represent the series, then I think by all means it should be that way!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I guess you could compare the Chorus Men to Mr. Game & Watch,:gw: who's attacks represent all the Game & Watch games Nintendo made; He's simple enough of a design to encompass the elements of an entire series, and use them as attacks that work really well in battle, such as Oil Panic.

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
In case we don't get a reveal this weekend at comic con, there could still be a chance that the Chorus Kids could be announced on July 31st, the anniversary of Rhythm Heaven DS and the debut of the Chorus Kids themselves ;)

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
In case we don't get a reveal this weekend at comic con, there could still be a chance that the Chorus Kids could be announced on July 31st, the anniversary of Rhythm Heaven DS and the debut of the Chorus Kids themselves ;)
I doubt Sakurai would announce a brand new character on the weekend, but if he does, that'd be cool.

He MIGHT make a little tease of them, then reveal them on the Rhythm Heaven anniversary day, which might be more appropriate.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think that Chorus Kids will be confirmed before release, which leaves the next Direct and September, pretty much.

Rhythm Tengoku's anniversary falls somewhere in early August, so maybe during the Direct...
But I kind of expect Shulk alongside a bunch of X info.

September is probably the best bet in that case, but sadly I'm not sure if Chorus Kids will be well received as the last reveal. :(

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
I think that Chorus Kids will be confirmed before release, which leaves the next Direct and September, pretty much.

Rhythm Tengoku's anniversary falls somewhere in early August, so maybe during the Direct...
But I kind of expect Shulk alongside a bunch of X info.

September is probably the best bet in that case, but sadly I'm not sure if Chorus Kids will be well received as the last reveal. :(
They'll probably save Shulk for their last big "surprise" newcomer before launch, I'm sure they'd have some extra characters in their reveal to even it out for them. I mean, adding Captain Falcon into the Fire Emblem Trailer was a smart move, especially for those unfamiliar to Lucina and Robin.

Last edited:

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
Hi, I'm new to this forum and would like to give my two cents here because I love Rhythm Heaven and love you with all my heart to these kids, in fact, I did some drawings of how they could be scenarios in the two versions.

(Sorry if my writing does not understand is that I use a translator because my language is not English)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hi, I'm new to this forum and would like to give my two cents here because I love Rhythm Heaven and love you with all my heart to these kids, in fact, I did some drawings of how they could be scenarios in the two versions.

(Sorry if my writing does not understand is that I use a translator because my language is not English)
Welcome to the forums! You picked a good first place to post. ;)

Alternatively,

Bienvenido a los foros! Elegiste un buen primer lugar para publicar. ;)

FancysaurusRex

Smash Apprentice

You and I think alike. Built to Scale/Polyrhythm is my top choice for a 3DS stage.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
What are your top 3 favorite minigames in Rhythm Heaven (DS), my favorite is still Karate Man, Lockstep would've been 1st if it weren't for the tricky control scheme:
1. Karate Man
2. Lockstep
3. Frog Hop

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
3 favorite minigames? Seeing how I've never played any of them myself, I'll list my favorite game music instead.

(Ds)
1. Munchy Monk 2
2. Shoot-em up
3. Glee Club

(Fever)
1. Flock-step
2. Tap Troupe
3. Packing Pests

Last edited:

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
1- Karate Man
2- Club Glee
3- RingSide
--------------------------
4- Blue Birds

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
1. Bon Odori
2. Rap Women
3. Baseball Star

1. Munchy Monk 2
2. Shoot Em Up
3. Frog Hop

1. Exhibition Match
2. Cheer Readers 2
3. Karate Man 2

This was hard lol

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
Here's mine! Very hard to choose because I love a majority of the games.

Rhythm Tengoku:
1. Polyrhythm 2 (Built to Scale)
2. Toss Boys 2
3. Sneaky Spirits

Rhythm Heaven DS
1. Lock Step
2.Shoot Em Up
3. Munchy Monk 2

Rhythm Heaven Fever
1. Night Walk
2. Air Rally
3. Karate Man 2

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm3DY2aS_kk
Fanmade, but wonderful. You should check out his other stuff, too. :p
Thanks for sharing! :)

With Murasame Castle finally making a US Release, it makes me want the GBA version of Rhythm Heaven to come out here x_x.

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
Not quite sure if it will be the Chorus Kids, but I think we are getting a Rhythm Heaven rep. and I'm excited about it :D

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Honestly, I am still hoping the Rhythm Heaven isn't Chorus Kids, but I will not be disappointed if they are in. At least they have the :3 cute faces and will likely have unorthodox/weird rhythm-based gameplay mechanics, which would most likely be fun to play.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Don't know if I've ever posted in here, but I came to drop by and say I support this idea so much.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I thought of a cool idea for their up b. The potion minigame. The Chorus Men at the bottom toss up a potion. If the button is pressed at the exact right time, another potion is thrown.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I thought of a cool idea for their up b. The potion minigame. The Chorus Men at the bottom toss up a potion. If the button is pressed at the exact right time, another potion is thrown.
You mean Love Lab? I honestly think that Love Lab would be a great Side B as opposed to an Up B.
A potion is passed to the side and thrown at the opponent. Its effect is in a set pattern: Burn, freeze, meteor smash/pitfall.

And then I thought that Micro Row would work well as an Up B. The Chorus Kids squash down and shoot upward a total of three times (if you can keep the beat that is).

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
For some reason, I dreamed today that the Chorus Kids and.... Miles Edgeworth where confirmed for Smash....

I guess I kinda get the idea to how they would roughly work, would be interesting to see how they would turn out though. (assuming they are playable)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You know.....Man, It's so scary....I also dreamt about the Chorus Kids being confirmed in some SSB3DS final trailer, and that you could play as only ONE Chorus Kid!....:eek:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I'm still betting on them being a group that just mechanically acts as a single character. No secondary/third AIs to faff about with like ICs or Rosaluma, so it shouldn't be too hard on the 3DS.

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
Since Little Mac has Doc on his victory screen. Maybe the Rhythm Heaven Reporter could appear on the Chorus Kids/Marshall/Other victory screen giving an "interview" to the winner :)

Last edited:

Reila

I'm still betting on them being a group that just mechanically acts as a single character. No secondary/third AIs to faff about with like ICs or Rosaluma, so it shouldn't be too hard on the 3DS.
This is my guess as well. There is no way three characters acting by themselves would work in Smash 3DS. Imagine a match with four Chorus Kids.

Or better, twelve Chorus Kids.

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Twelve Chorus Kids sounds like a combination of the best thing ever and an eternal nightmare.

@ Cloudy Cloudy - I'd honestly expect the Glee Club Conductor Man being there doing maybe whatever he does whenever you superb or perfect Glee Club which i've yet to do since i'm really bad at the game

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
This is my guess as well. There is no way three characters acting by themselves would work in Smash 3DS. Imagine a match with four Chorus Kids.

Or better, twelve Chorus Kids.
I mean you can have a match with 4 Olimars + 12 Pikmin + the Cuccoo item....

Reila

I mean you can have a match with 4 Olimars + 12 Pikmin + the Cuccoo item....
Olimar isn't really comparable to Ice Climbers. Chorus Kid would be even more taxing to the system than Ice Climbers, if each kid had their own AI.

Think about it, with twelve Chorus Kids in the match, the system would have to process the AI for at least eight of them. That is a lot.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I seriously doubt each Chorus Kid would have its own AI. That would be broken as all heck, and it's the gimmick of the Ice Climbers to have a duo that desynchs.

If CK happens, I imagine the trio will not separate, or if anything, only appear as a result of special moves or smash attacks.

Top Bottom